View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 30, 2004, 04:01 PM
Lori and Eva were intently studying the new prophecy when their reverence was broken by shouts from outside. A few seconds passed, and Jazz and Spaz reappeared, carrying a large box. It appeared to be made of metal, but no metal that Eva or Lori were familiar with, as it was light enough for the rabbits to carry with no difficulty at all despite the size.
"This box just landed in the gardens!" explained Jazz, pointing to the box for effect. "It was inside of a meteor, and was completely unharmed by the entry and landing!"
"Open it," Eva commanded, and the Jackrabbit brothers pried open the box. Inside was a handsome brown rabbit, taller than even Eva's three foot nine. He wore a brilliant white headband, in which was tucked several throwing knives, seeming to give off some sort of strange aura. He had gray combat boots and a heavy black vest, which looked weighed down by many unidentifiable objects contained inside of its pockets. Eva felt her heart quicken at the sight of him, and a glance towards Lori showed that the reaction had not been hers alone.
"Weird," said Spaz, "a rabbit." He poked the brown rabbit with a stick. "Seems dead," he announced, even as the brown rabbit stirred and blinked its eyes. And such beautiful eyes...
"Where am I?" asked the newcomer blearily, beginning to rise from the box.
"...this is Carrotus Castle," replied Eva, trying to keep the awe out of her voice. "On the planet Carrotus."
"Carrotus..." murmured the brown rabbit, getting out of the box and looking around at his spectators. "Great. I was supposed to land on Nubitis." His muscled chest rose and fell as he breathed in air from the new surroundings, and Eva barely resisted staring at it as he continued to talk.
"My name is Psyde Psychrabbit. I am the last survivor of the planet Angstus, where I worked as an assassin ninja bounty-hunter double-agent, masquerading as a shape-shifting loner pirate spy for the corrupt monarchy, using incredible powers gained during my quest for justice after my parents were slaughtered by a dark army. One day, I was patrolling the post-apocalyptic style ruined streets with the rest of my super-hero team, when my attention was drawn by a glowing green light. Reassuring my team that I could handle this on my own, I glided down towards the light on my jet pack, which is so small that it fits into my left ear.
"As I neared the green light, I realized that it was inside one of the ruined buildings which composed the nearby landscape. Mentally changing dimensions, I phased in through one of the walls and walked into the green light. I could feel its power engulfing me, and then everything went black.
"When I woke up, I felt different. I could tell that I was 5.62 times more powerful than before! Also, standing over me was a black form, shaped like a rabbit. I effortlessly leaped to my feet and shot the black form with lasers from my fingertips, but it was unaffected, so I gathered it to be an important person. 'Who are you?' I asked.
"The black form told me that it was my evil half, unleashed by the power of the green light. It didn't make clear exactly what it had in common with me, or if I had lost anything from the separation, but it was still an evil version of myself, Dark Psyde. Dark Psyde revealed that he had no motivation in the world other than killing me, as I guess until that point my unconquerable virtue had angered him.
"We fought for a few hours, and eventually Dark Psyde announced that we were evenly matched, and it was time to take the battle to a new plane. His image shuddered, and I could tell that he was effortlessly using powers which I had never even dreamed of trying to unleash. I felt the ground shudder.
"Dark Psyde laughed at me, and said that the planet was undergoing great stress, and would explode in a matter of moments. 'Survive this one if you can, Psyde Psychrabbit!' he cried, and vanished in a puff of red smoke which burnt the floor which he had been standing on. Fortunately, I was able to encase myself in a metalium box hidden inside of a meteor, and launched myself off the planet, even as everyone I had ever known or loved died in an instant. Dark Psyde will know that I survived, and I must have my revenge against him for killing everyone!"
When Psyde's incredible and saddening story was complete, Eva and the Jackrabbits stood there in awe, mouths hanging open far past what would be thought possible. They were obviously in the presence of a true hero, one who had probably saved the universe multiple times without even noticing. Jazz and Spaz looked down at the ground, their paltry achievements seeming like nothing compared to Psyde's sheer awesomeness. Lori, once recovered from amazement, looked as if she was struggling with the urge to sing his praises right then and there, and Eva quickly felt all affection she had had for Jazz draining away. Obviously, there was no reason to settle for second best with someone like Psyde around.
"Wait a minute.." exclaimed Lori, coming out of her trance. "You're the 'man'!"
Eva's eyes widened. Of course! How had she missed it before? Come to Carrotus, with great power... and he was quite a man...
"Which would make Dark Psyde the anti-man," continued Lori. Eva nodded. "Don't worry, Psyde. I have a feeling you're going to fight Dark Psyde soon enough."

Over the next few days, Psyde Psychrabbit made himself at home in Carrotus Castle, even winning the normally-mistrustful Queen over to his side. Lori had asked him if he wanted to join her in some blaster practice soon after his arrival, and Psyde had agreed, saying that the best thing he could do while waiting for Dark Psyde would be to hone his fighting skills. Eva sat on a window ledge overlooking the practice area and watched as Lori presented Psyde with a gleaming white blaster, so new that Eva was sure she could still see where the price tag had once been.
"Ever seen a gun like this before, Psyde?" asked Lori, obviously happy to be so near and friendly with his manly form.
"Once... in a museum, I think. Angstus was much more advanced than this planet of yours. You don't even seem to have vast areas of ruined city all over the map."
Eva smiled, wondering what strange definition of "advanced" Psyde used, before noticing his comment about the blaster. "Psyde," she asked, raising her voice a little to be heard from the window ledge, "do you think you could teach us any of the advanced technology from Angstus?"
Psyde looked up from the blaster and waved at Eva, who felt her face go hot in response. "Maybe..." he began, slowly, "...if I am able to defeat Dark Psyde. Until then, my energies must be diverted solely towards training for the battle. He already knows everything I knew prior to our split, so my victory must rely on anything new that I can learn on this planet. He may also have an army to vanquish - evil entities usually seem to have a few about for safety reasons."
"Jazz and Spaz can take care of that," assured Eva. "They've had plenty of experience fighting mindless armies in the past."
Psyde smiled. "Good. Now, though, I should practice with this 'blaster' of yours." He returned his attention to the gun in his hand, bouncing it up and down a little to get a feel for the weight, before taking aim at a target on the other side of the courtyard and firing. A bolt of white hot energy spewed forth from the blaster's muzzle, streaking across the yard and hitting the energy-resistant target straight in the center. Lori gasped at Psyde's exceptional aim. "...what do you need me for?" asked the yellow rabbit, still staring at the smoke particles rising up from the target.
"Well," explained Psyde, "I can't expect Dark Psyde to stand motionless for the entire time it takes for the blaster shot to reach him. I need some practice with aiming at moving objects. Does this blaster have a 'stun' setting of any kind?"
"There's setting 3..." explained Lori, probably coming to terms with being referred to as a "moving object". "...setting 3 will fire 'Frostbiter', which coats your target in a layer of harmless ice. Or there's 'Slime', which will stick your target's feet to the ground, or 'Magnet Missile', which..."
"Enough," said Psyde, instantly comprehending the blaster's control panel and changing the selected weapon. "Frostbiter will do nicely. Do you have a firearm handy? I see you do. Ready?"
"...ready," Lori replied, instantly taking cover behind a target as a bolt of ice came flying her way. Psyde certainly didn't waste any time with pleasantries once the battle had begun, observed Eva, watching as the tall brown rabbit took off in pursuit of Lori, expertly dodging each freezing volley she unleashed behind her.