View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 1, 2005, 05:18 PM
Part 2: Dark Psyde.
"So... what do you think of Psyde?" asked Lori. She and Jazz were walking along the outer edge of Carrotus Castle, scanning the nearby grounds for intruders, as they did at least once a day, every day. This patrol was also essential for finding crippled travelers or other such incidents which could herald the start of new adventures.
"He's incredible," said Jazz, removing a bush from his path by blasting it. "When you listen to him talk, you see visions of all the things he's done, and you can really believe anything he says - I feel like a fraud next to him. He's so strong, and so powerful, and I've just shot at a turtle a few times."
"And he looks really cool, too," said Lori.
"Yeah... probably the handsomest guy in the world, and he's not even from this world. It's amazing how well he controls grief and misery from losing everyone he had ever known."
"He's holding in all his rage and longing to use against Dark Psyde," explained Lori, and they fell silent for a while, continuing their patrol. "I... I think I'm in love with him," she finally confessed, staring at the ground.
"Good choice."
"...he kissed me yesterday."
Jazz gave a start of surprise. "Congratulations! Lori, you've got a man there who any girl I know would kill over."
Lori smiled happily at Jazz, but the peaceful scene was suddenly destroyed as the sky turned black with rain and thunder. The birds around them flew away screeching, and the plants withered and died as the two rabbits watched in growing horror.
Spaz ran out from the castle and shielded his head from the rain. "What's going on?!" he cried.
The three rabbits stared mutely as a red robed figure descended slowly from the tumultuous sky with nothing obviously holding it up. Landing, the figure strode ominously towards the Jackrabbits, stopping a few feet away to stare at them, its eyes burning fiercely even below its hood. Lori's forehead wrinkled as she tried to place the figure, which carried a strange air of familiarity about it.
"who.. who are you?" quavered Spaz, holding his green blaster in front of him protectively.
The figure laughed and threw aside its robe, which was caught by the winds and blown far away. Beneath stood a tall black rabbit with burning eyes, adorned with a red headband the color of glowing blood. It wore large boots and a vest, and seemed so very familiar...
"...Psyde?" asked Lori, in horror. "...what happened to you?"
"Oh, I am not the Psyde Psychrabbit that you know, little girl," responded the figure, drawing a glowing silver knife from its headband. "Who am I? I am malignancy, I am evil incarnate, I am... DARK PSYDE!"
The rabbits' eyes went very big. "He's come for Psyde," whispered Lori in fright, casting a scared glance back towards the castle. "And Psyde's back in there doing nothing... he can't be ready for this!"
"He'll have to be," said Spaz, stepping in front of his siblings. "Jazz, Lori, you two get in there and get Psyde out here. I'll hold Dark Psyde off."
The green and yellow rabbits took off in search of Psyde, even as his darker half threw the glowing knife, which shimmered out of existence and reappeared an instant later embedded deep into the castle wall several feet away.

"Psyde! Psyde, where are you?!" cried Lori desperately, the two rabbits running at top speeds through the castle corridors. And then, "oh..." as they finally found him, skidding to a stop after bursting into a seemingly random chamber. "Psyde has got some explaining to do when this is all over," muttered Jazz. Lori bit back a tear. There in front of them was Psyde, sitting calmly in a chair, staring at the white blaster Lori had gotten for him the day before, seeming not to notice the darkness or thunder all around them. Eva was happily asleep beside him, head tucked into his lap, arms around his chest.
"C'mon," instructed Jazz, and the two rabbits came across to the motionless form of Psyde and Eva. Psyde was as stiff as granite, and they were unable to make him move a muscle. His unblinking stare continued to fix itself rigidly onto the white blaster, which was glowing with an unearthly light. Eva was merely unconscious, but in a very advanced state, as neither Jackrabbit was able to rouse her at all.
"I don't think Psyde is coming back anytime soon," said Jazz, hefting his blue gun nervously. "Looks like we'll have to fight Dark Psyde by ourselves for the time being."
"Looking for me?" asked a sinister voice, and one of the chamber walls collapsed, revealing behind it a path of destruction and desolation which stretched out to the outer edge of the castle. In the midst of the debris stood Dark Psyde, holding a limp and mangled red body in one hand. Dark Psyde tossed the body over towards Lori, who instantly recognized it as the destroyed form of her other brother.
"You'll pay for this..." she whispered silently, before bringing her gun up in a graceful arc and firing towards Dark Psyde. Three red missiles streaked from the gun at incredible speeds, each aimed for a vital organ in Dark Psyde's body. "Pathetic," laughed the villain, raising one hand towards the missiles, "BLOCK." The missiles suddenly appeared to hit an invisible forcefield, instantly reversing direction and flying back the way they had come. Lori dived for cover, and the missiles dug a deep hole into the floor she had been standing on.
"I had expected better from you," announced Dark Psyde, walking slowly forwards towards Psyde's immovable body. "I have only come for the brown rabbit, Psyde Psychrabbit. Leave now and your lives may yet be spared."
"Never!" cried Lori, jumping back into a fighting stance, "Psyde is our friend!" So saying, she unleashed a flurry of white hot flames from her blaster, which sneaked menacingly towards Dark Psyde's back while Jazz fired a steady stream of fizzing time bombs. "SHIELD OF ANCIENTS!" cried Dark Psyde, and the rabbits' attacks disappeared into nothingness shortly before reaching him. "You leave me no choice," said the black rabbit, and turned slowly towards Jazz, who was intently scanning his control panel for any weapons which might conceivably fire through shields. "EVIL BEAM!" Five brilliant threads of yellow light flashed forth from Dark Psyde's open mouth, hitting Jazz in the heart and burning a hole through Jazz's torso the shape of an upside down pentacle. Jazz collapsed to the ground, a final scream dying unspoken on his lips, as Dark Psyde once more resumed his approach towards Psyde.
"Can you feel the tempest, Psyde, in the realm which you have trapped yourself in?" intoned Dark Psyde, raising both hands now to aim towards Psyde's unaltered face. "Can you sense that I am here, do you know that you are about to die? Will you feel the pain when I destroy your very being, or have you retreated to a coward's paradise?" Dark Psyde paused, examining the motionless bodies before him. "It matters not. Say goodbye, Psyde. MERCILESS THUNDER!"
"NO!" screamed Lori, flinging herself across the room to stand protectively in front of Psyde. Bolt after bolt of blinding green lightning shot from Dark Psyde's fingertips, striking Lori in Psyde's place, burning her beautiful body in a heartbeat. Somewhere, a dog howled mournfully, and Psyde Psychrabbit snapped back to the land of the living, white blaster glowing more brilliantly than ever before.