View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 1, 2005, 05:19 PM
Psyde blinked rapidly as all his senses returned in a rush. The sense of nearby evil returned last, but so forcefully that Psyde instantly leapt up from his seat and spun around, the unconscious body of Eva slipping to the side and landing back in the armchair. There in front of him was his evil half, Dark Psyde! And... around him...
"You monster," whispered Psyde, pointing an accusing finger towards Dark Psyde's malignant form. "That's TWICE now you've killed everyone I've known and loved!"
"The blue rabbit girl isn't dead yet," responded Dark Psyde, shifting into a combat stance, "but that's easily remedied."
"Over my dead body!"
"I knew you'd say that," remarked Dark Psyde dryly, and withdrew a round sphere from his vest, which he threw casually at Psyde. Faster than the eye could see, Psyde aimed his blaster at the sphere and fired, a lightning fast ray of pure white light enveloping the incoming threat and destroying it utterly.
"A new toy?" inquired Dark Psyde, showing not the least sign of surprise.
"Better than that," answered Psyde, aiming the blaster at Dark Psyde's head. "This blaster acts as a focus for my power. While before all I could do - and all you CAN do - was impractical, chaotic attacks, this blaster channels everything I have into a single force!"
"A force," laughed Dark Psyde, "which takes limited forms. By storing your power in that little thing, you have lost your direct access! MERCILESS THUNDER!"
The green lightning erupted forth towards Psyde once more, who merely pressed the trigger on his blaster and cried "MAGNET MISSILE!" A pulsating horseshoe object flew out of the white blaster, drawing the green lightning into itself and flying towards Dark Psyde with renewed energy. "TWISTED DESIGN!" countered Dark Psyde, and the missile split into a thousand tiny pieces which flew away in all directions.
The battle continued on in this same fashion, with each version of Psyde yelling out new attacks, and blaster fire countering strange evil powers at each interval. "FROSTBITER" was consumed by "FLAME OF DESTINY", followed by the stalemate of "TITAN'S ARM" vs. "TRINITROTOLUENE". After a long duel the two rabbits stood facing each other over a circle of multi-colored destruction, each panting despite their normally indomitable energies.
"You can't win, Dark Psyde," announced Psyde Psychrabbit, holding his white blaster aloft. "Since the split... since you came into being, I've learned new things, things which you know nothing of."
"It is you that will lose," Dark Psyde answered, the fire in his eyes burning more intently than ever. "All that I am is you, all that I am is part of you, and you can not hope to defeat me if you can not even accept yourself. You are not putting your whole self into this fight, and that reserving shall be your downfall. SEVENTH STRIKE!"
These last words caused two intense fireballs to blast forth out of Dark Psyde's eyes, one towards Psyde and the other veering off in the direction of the ceiling. An extra-powered Frostbiter obliterated the first fireball, and Psyde was readying his next attack when the second fireball hit the ceiling above. "ELECTROBLA --" Psyde screamed as the enormous stone block fell down upon him.
In the armchair, Eva Earlong stirred and woke from her deep sleep.

The next thing Psyde knew, he was floating in a sea of whiteness. There was no scenery of any kind for as far as he could see, which could really have been any distance in the world due to the lack of landmarks. "Am I... dead?" he wondered aloud.
"No," came an unearthly voice, "you are merely having an out-of-body experience."
Psyde attempted to spin around, but found himself unable to do anything besides float in place in the whiteness. Fortunately for him, the speaker materialized in his line of vision. A tall white rabbit appeared, without so much as a single ounce of fat, and long perfect black hair reaching down to her waist. She had purple eyes, lips the color of blood, and dark bat wings protruded from her back, about thirty feet in length. She wore little more than a chain-mail bikini, and held a shining sword in one hand which had the look of a sword that could cut through any material in existence. Two redundant machine guns hung at her hips, although what they were suspended by was unclear.
"Gothygurl3056..." muttered Psyde in astonishment, "my old teacher!" The white rabbit nodded, and Psyde struggled to understand. "But I thought you died years ago heroically sacrificing yourself against the Dark Goddess to save my life!"
"Yes," responded Gothygurl3056, "but I returned a week later as a hypnotized servant of your former best friend after he was inexplicably turned to the dark side by an unidentified gemstone which arrived for him in the mail, remember?"
"Oh yeah... but didn't my sidekick later accidentally stab you with his flaming lance while lashing out against the cruel world he lived in while you were attempting to console him?"
"Then the Orange Druid magically brought me back to life after you fetched him the five golden amulets of Exoticus, and of course I helped you foil his plans to take over the world using the amulets."
"Fine," countered Psyde, "but you must have died when my dark half released by an unknown energy destroyed the entire planet, right?"
Gothygurl3056 shrugged. "I can't argue with that, but I doubt it'll be permanent. Like you, I'm just too much of an awesome character to stay dead for very long." She blinked once, and a chair appeared behind her which changed colors depending on how you looked at it. She sat down, and looked Psyde in the eye. "In any case, I'm here to teach you one last time before you surpass me forever."
"Ok... but won't that be dangerous? Wouldn't you get jealous of my power and try to destroy the universe as a form of revenge?"
"Probably, but I'm sure you'll stop me in a last ditch attempt in which you call upon hitherto unknown caches of power while the world burns around you. In any case, I'm here to tell you how you can defeat Dark Psyde 'once and for all', as if he won't return a few months later to mess up your life some more."
Psyde nodded wisely. "Ok, tell me how."
"You see," explained Gothygurl3056, "you have been unable to defeat Dark Psyde because you have only been fighting with part of yourself."
"He said something to that effect, but I didn't understand him at the time."
"Yes. You are only fighting with the good and virtuous part of your power, and while that is much larger than practically anyone else's, it is not all of you. You are denying that Dark Psyde ever came from you, and in so denying, you are ignoring the darker part of your power. All the hate and grief that has built up over the last few days will be wasted if you can not come to terms with it and use it against him."
"But wouldn't that make me no better than he is?"
"Not if you can control it! Dark Psyde is so evil because he is nothing but the bad part of you. But accept that he is a part of you, and yet a small part which can be reigned in at will, and he will no longer pose a threat."
"All right," said Psyde, "I can do that. Except... I don't have the bad part of me inside me anymore."
"She's still alive," responded Gothygurl3056, "just find your body again and take it all back. And don't forget to apologize when this is all over and done with."
"I will," promised Psyde. "Thank you, Gothygurl3056. Thank you for everything."
"No problem!" answered the white rabbit, fading slowly away into nothingness once more. "Gotta go now, though. I'm way overdue on mourning my nonexistence and contemplating suicide because some random jerk doesn't like me."
Psyde tried to wave, but found that he was no longer in the whiteness, and was lodged under a giant stone block. Summoning up his incredible strength, Psyde threw the block aside and leapt to his feet, scanning the room for Dark Psyde. Who was not hard to find.