Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Jaz Jackrabbit round robin

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 7, 2005, 02:56 PM
Jazz Jackrabbit round robin

Well, Tales of the Tavern is beginning to smell, and Uberbob is temporarily incapacitated (Radium insists it's still alive and shows me cool stuff to prove it ), so it's time we get some interactivity back into this forum. For those unfamiliar with the concept of round robins, this is an ordinary story which anyone can add to in their posts. However, there are a few restrictrions I'd like to impose:
  • Please read the topic (or at least the recent parts) before posting a continuation. Make sure your post fits into continuity.
  • Do not be a godmoder. If you don't like a character, don't kill him or her off in an implausible way which adds nothing to the plot.
  • Similarly, avoid shutting down story threads before they even get a chance to begin.
  • Generally, be supportive and think "yes, and" instead of "no". If someone says "I have an idea..." don't start your post with "No, wait, I don't."
  • Try to use at least decent spelling and grammar. Mistakes are allowed, but posts wich luk lkie th15 r kind of hard to read.
  • Try not to introduce "yourself" into the story. This is about the Jazz Jackrabbit characters, not your furry who has a five foot sword and can cast elemental spells without even thinking about it. A few ways to tell if you are writing about yourself:
    • The character has your name.
    • The character is introduced as someone wearing a cloak who watches the main characters do something and thinks mysterious thoughts about the near future before disappearing.
    • The character's name is an obvious ripoff of Jazz's, such as Haze Hackrabbit, Blaze Blackrabbit, Dazz Darkrabbit, Psyde Psychrabbit, Waz Wackrabbit, Bazz Backrabbit, ¾azz ¾ackrabbit, Razz, Cazz, or anything like that. (Versions of Jazz from other time zones or dimensions are generally exempt from this.)
  • That said, you can introduce new characters, but try to keep them in the role of minor characters. A shopkeeper is a perfectly logical person to exist, but avoid getting him romantically involved with any of the canon characters or anything like that.
  • Don't forget, you have a lot of characters to work with, including but not limited to: Jazz, Spaz, Lori, Eva, Zoe, Devan, Dark, Lapin, Margsly, Razz, Mystery Bunny, Rebel Turtle, Queen, Henchlizard, Drunklizard, Schwarzenguard, Uterus, Bubba, Bilsy, Zoonik and more.
  • Finally, don't be intimidated by that long list, and have fun when writing!

Razz a ma Tazz stared thoughtfully at the glowing test tube in his outstretched paw before shrugging and pouring it into the metal sheet in front of him. There was a sizzling noise, and the metal turned a pale blue color. Razz touched the metal and was relieved to find it at room temperature.
He began a series of tests, quickly esclating in intensity and potential damage. The blue metal withstood a sword, a hammer, a drill, a flamethrower, and various other attempts at destruction until Razz called it quits before he ended up blowing up his house. Putting down the blaster, the blue rabbit cried out in triumph.
"I've done it!" exclaimed Razz, raising the goggles off his eyes. "I've created a metal resistant to any attack!"
Razz's jubilant mood was suddenly sobered as a new thought occured to him. What malicious purposes might his metal be put to? Razz had not recently checked if his house was bugged, and anyone could be listening, waiting to create an indestructable killer robot or suit of armor for themselves. There was that turtle - something "Shell" - which his cousin's husband had fought a few times.
"Evidently," said Razz in a more subdued tone, "I'll need more protection to work on this. What's the safest place I know of?"

Several minutes later, Razz exited his house cheerfully, wearing his customary bomber jacket and flight helmet. He had carelessly flung the blue metal and all his design notes into a large back which he carried over his shoulder, and which he now flung into the back seat of his plane. Jumping into the front, Razz adjusted the controls and sealed the cockpit.
"Off to Carrotus Castle!" Razz cried, hitting the ignition.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Jan 7, 2005 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Ok, Uberbob's alive.

JCF Member

Lem_Gambino is doing well so far

Jan 7, 2005, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
[*]Don't forget, you have a lot of characters to work with, including but not limited to: Jazz, Spaz, Lori, Eva, Zoe, Devan, Dark, Lapin, Margsly, Razz, Mystery Bunny, Rebel Turtle, Queen, Henchlizard, Drunklizard, Schwarzenguard, Uterus, Bubba, Bilsy, Zoonik and more.
I'm guessing that some of these characters are from Jazz Advance, which I never played...=P

"Hey, what was that explosion?" George asked. He and his friend Bart, who was holding the ashes of their gibbed friend Kenny in a box.
"Something suspsious, that's what," replied Bart. "And you know what Devan said...investigate all rabbit activity."
"Doesn't he have spypots for that?"
"Well, it's probably becuase he's been squashed by a large rock in his final battle against Jazz."
"Oh yeah..."
The Henchlizards had been assigned special bunny suits to help blend in with the crowd. Unfortunately, said suits were poorly sewn and were prone to cause itching..
"I swear, if this wedgie doesn't let up, I'll end up just like Kenny..." complained George.
Bart threw George a mean look. "He died a hero! Er...villain!"
"Because he stopped to scratch and got vaporized by an Imploder Mine," snapped George.
Bart was about to open his mouth to argue when a low-flying spacecraft zoomed overhead.
"Okay, THAT was suspious!" said George. "I say we follow that thing before it gets away."
"YOU chase after it," protested Bart, clutching the box containing Kenny's pixlated remains. "I gotta make sure Kenny rests in peace."
Irritated with his friend's behavior, George grabbed his fellow Henchlizard by the arm and gave chase after the plane.

"Hmmm...I wonder what my next invention should be?" contemplated Razz as Carrotus Castle came into view. "Maybe I can solve the last Rabbit and Turtle War's problem of all those pixels scattering the battlefield..."
"APPROACHING CARROTUS CASTLE. PREPARE FOR LANDING," said the Navicomputer.
"Excellent!" exclaimed Razz as he pressed the 'LANDING GEAR' button.
"AFTERBURNERS ENGAGED," bleeped the Main computer.
Razz raised an eyebrow. "But that was the landing gear!! I could've sworn I pressed the 'LANDING GEAR' button..."
Upon closer examination, Razz discovered that the Landing Gear and the Afterburner buttons were right next to each other...he pressed the wrong button!
"GREAT SPOOOOOORRRRRRRRK!!!" Razz cried out as he rocketed right into the side of Carrotus Castle. Thankfully, the airbags deployed just in time to save Razz's face from the dashboard. When the ship came to a complete stop, Razz pushed the airbags out of the way to have a good look around. He had torn a large portion of the royal throne room apart when he crashed, and a dozen royal guards along with one VERY angry Queen surrounded his ship.
"Uh...the castle needed some fresh air?" said Razz sheepishly. He was definately going to the dungeon for this one...

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 7, 2005, 07:26 PM
Before it gets too late, I thouht a list like this might be helpful.

Current Statuses: (Last updated January 18 2005)

ASSISTANT: Zoonik has an as-of-yet-unnamed assistant taking Markz' new weapon to "Lord Shell", who has been confirmed as being Devan.
BART/BARD/BARK/BARD GEORGE: Whatever this guy's name is, he is somewhere inbetween Carrotus Castle and Carrotus Canyon (apparently different from Runabout Canyon?) with Devan, his employer.
DEVAN: Devan is alive and well, and somewhere between Carrotus Castle and Carrotus Canyon. He maintains the ability to transform back and forth from turtle and demon forms, and is currently a turtle.
EVA: Eva is at the entrance of Carrotus Castle, talking to Jazz.
GEORGE: George is a lizard working for Devan, and is currently with the turtle somewhere between Carrotus Castle and Carrotus Canyon.
JAZZ: Jazz is at the entrance of Carrotus Castle, having run away from Devan's attack due to not having any weapons.
LORI: Lori is at the entrance of Carrotus Castle, having run away from Devan's attack due to not having any weapons.
MARKZ: Ms. Markz is an apparently evil rabbit working for Zoonik with technological skills. Her most recent invention is a weapon which can destroy any matter - obvious problems like "does the attack ever stop" have not yet been addressed, but the type of weapon is not yet specified either, so it could be a lightsaber or something.
MOONBLAZE: (Moonblaze's avatar) Moonblaze is currently with Devan in his turtle form, having switched sides for money even after that whole business with the Demon Invasion. Or, I assume that's the invasion spoken of. There are a few references which seem to suggest otherwise.
QUEEN: The Queen of Carrotus was last seen somewhere inside Carrotus Castle, readying Eva for the one year anniversary of her marriage to Jazz.
RAZZ: Razz was last seen being threatened by Devan, but did not run away like the jackrabbits, apparently not having their incredible speed. He left Carrotus Castle after apparently not being recognized by his aunt, cousin or cousin-in-laws.
SPAZ: Spazis at the entrance of Carrotus Castle, having run away from Devan's attack due to not having any weapons.
ZOE COTTONTAIL: Zoe has somehow appeared two years (at the minimum) ahead of JJA and is somewhere inside Carrotus Castle looking for Jazz.
ZOONIK: Zoonik is in bed or something, but it's not specified where this bed is. He is currently working for Devan and has a number of employees of his own.

Last edited by Violet CLM; Jan 18, 2005 at 11:48 AM.

JCF Member

Lem_Gambino is doing well so far

Jan 13, 2005, 07:25 AM
I'm disappointed that more than two people didn't post here. >=( The War Tavern is in dire need of new content.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jan 13, 2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah, that's a real disappointment..
I'd love to continue, but I have no idea, how, so I wanted to wait for someone else to continue first.. ^^;

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Jan 14, 2005, 02:24 AM
This day was not just any day, its been exactly one year ago the young Jazz Jackrabbit defeated Devan Shell once more and married princess Eva Earlong. Rabbits from all around the planet had come to celebrate this event at Carrottus castle, even the hybrid wolfen rabbits from Carrottus Forest.

As Razz was about to be thrown into the dungeon, 5 rabbits entered the room, Jazz, Spaz, Lori, Eva, and a dark blue rabbit wearing a cloak. "Hey mother, I would like to present my friend, Moonblaze, to you. He helped Jazz stopping the recent invasion. I invited him and the other wolfen rabbits so they could see the kingdom they actually are part of." Eva spoke.

The tempered Queen let go of poor Razz and turned around to greet her daughter and her friends. "Jazz, I'm glad you're back already. Moonblaze, I must thank you for helping our young prince earlier, we owe you for that. Eva, you're not dressed, young lady! Come with me, my child" commanded the Queen around.

While Eva left off with her mother, Jazz, Spaz, and Lori decided to show their new friend around in the kingdom. As Razz noticed them leaving, he thought that he'd better be off with them than wait for the Queen to come back, quickly catching up with them.

In a shadow not far away stood Bard and George, watching the rabbits leaving and speaking to each other. "Are everything prepared? Is our new agent aware of the plan? And how about that explosion, should we turn back to see what caused it?" asked Bard George, "No, we have no time for that now. Whatever it may be, our main focus is our mission."

As the 4 rabbits left the castle, they were only surprised to found so many newly arrived guests. Thousand of rabbits had set up merchants and tents outside the castle, turning the place into an anthill. "Wow... Well, we'll have to wait with the plains of Carrottus, let's take a look at the Canyon, aye?" said Jazz to the rest of the flock, whom agreed to it by nodding.

As they entered and walked down Carrottus canyon, Bark and George appeared out of nowhere, flying with their helicopters. "Haha, stupid rabbits, did you really think you could get rid of our demonic leader with rock and stone?" they said while flying away again. At first the rabbits would've thought a large cloud blocked the sun, but it appeared to be much worse. A large green demon, namely Devan Shell, flew down and landed right in front of them.

"Foolish Devan, we're 5 this time, you will not stand a chance." said Lori to Devan, "Hahaha... Stupid little unwary rabbit, you are not armed this time and you are actually only 4." responded the huge demon. Wondering what Devan meant by that, Moonblaze walked over and sided with Devan while his eyes started to glow a bloody red color. "TRAITOR!" cried Jazz, "Jackrabbits, you have been so nice to me... But Devan pays me." responded Moonblaze calm.

As Jazz was about to jump into Devan's big face and start beating it, Lori pulled him back and reminded him, "We ARE actually not armed this once, let's flee while we have the chance." she said. The 3 rabbits speeded up like were their legs wheels and blew away in a shock wave. "Darnit, COWARDS!" cried Devan Shell after them, whenafter he turned into a normal turtle again.

When they finally arrived at the castle Eva stood there, waiting for her beloved husband. "Where have you BEEN Jazz? We've been missing you!" she said, when after Jazz explained to Eva about Devan and his new agent.

"Oh, that's terrible. We must be prepared! By the way Jazz, what's with this Zoe? She came and asked for you". Jazz shivered.

---

It would be cool if you guys also added your characters into the story, I hate adding other people's characters without their permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!
4I Falcon

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Jan 14, 2005, 08:13 AM
Okay, so. Does one of my 90-odd characters (other than Jack, Falcon, Death Ankh, and Tenebrus) count as "myself"?

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!

Last edited by 4I Falcon; Jan 14, 2005 at 08:42 AM.
Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Jan 18, 2005, 03:09 AM
I'm not sure, but given your talents and... extended character list, you could do a sory with nothing but yourself.

Meanwhile...

"Mr Zoonik...sir?"

Zoonik opened his eyes groggily. What the hell was it now? Graduly the intruder came into focus. Oh crud. Not her. Not at this bloody hour of the night. He'd given her ten 'voluteers' just yesterday, surely she couldn't have finnished them all of already?

"What is it Ms Marks?"

"Its Mayr-kuhs" said the little rabbit smiling sweetly. Zoonik hated that. She never seemed to get upset or bored or anything besides sickeningly happy. And today she seemed to have an especial air of smugness about her.

"Well sir, that project you had me working on...about six months four days ago? Its finnished."

"Project? Which project is this?"

"You know, the wepon for Lord Shell? The
wepon that can destroy anything?"

"You actually finnished it? You're sure it can destroy anything? We're talking about a lot of stuff you know."

Once again Ms Markz gave that annoying smug smile. "Yes sir, its been rigourusly tested. Saying there was something it couldn't destroy would be like saying that some heat wasn't hot, I mean all matter should-"

Zoonik cut her off. It was complete, that was all that mattered. Devan would reward him, destroy the rabbits, and everyone would live happily ever after. He called his assistant/

"Here, see this gun? Its very important. Loose it, and your lifes not worth living. Send it to Devan ASAP. Oh, and see if you can round up some more volunteers for Ms Markz will you? She deserves at least some reward."

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")