Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Failure.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Oct 6, 2002, 11:29 AM
Failure.

JDCE didn't work, obviously. Some reasons I think:

1. Nobody was active

Nobody dueled their opponents (it took too long.) You could blame it on timezones, other priorities, whatever. But you can't deny it.

2. Not enough communication

Not many people communicated. Some people didn't want to use something to communicate, others could only use something. As we all know, communication is important in a successful duel. So many things can go wrong. Really.

3. Admins too nice

They're giving too much time. It should be 1 week or you're out (with exceptions of listserver problems, which are pretty much out of our control.) There's no pressure on the people to get stuff done.

4. Lack of motivation

I don't think many people cared if they won. 'Nuff said.

Or... what?

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Oct 6, 2002, 11:32 AM
Yes Admins were Way too nice I Finishd all My duels as The First,
It went kinda Quikly
and i think the admins should give the People some points who played atleast 3 duels Cmon i could use it.

i got elimated too quik Gah dang ts.
Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Oct 6, 2002, 01:47 PM
The problem is that if we eliminate people we have to choose which person to eliminate. At the end of the tournament if you eliminate both of those people who were inactive you get a tournament without people still in it.
Syntax

JCF Member

Syntax is doing well so far

Oct 6, 2002, 02:14 PM
I'd have to agree with the [lack of] communication. I noticed that some players don't have any contacts registered for their account (or, they are fake contacts). Obviously, these are players who aren't taking the game seriously enough, so they should be eliminated over others.
Super Saiyan

JCF Member

Super Saiyan is doing well so far

Oct 7, 2002, 11:07 AM
There are also some problems with the timezones, like I had to duel Salamander a week ago, couldnt do it. If I wanted to I had to go out of my bed at 4 in the morning for hope Ill see Sal. Which didnt work out well.

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Oct 7, 2002, 11:40 AM
i Duel'd Sal too its was easy to find him the Timezones aren't that Different i think
Super Saiyan

JCF Member

Super Saiyan is doing well so far

Oct 8, 2002, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by $tilettø
i Duel'd Sal too its was easy to find him the Timezones aren't that Different i think

It is, you might consider your self lucky that youve find him. I also saw him a few times, but I couldnt just find him last week.

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Oct 8, 2002, 07:09 AM
You could've used the messaging system in JDCE to ask Sal to arrive early on a weekend.

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Oct 9, 2002, 08:21 AM
Just what i wanted to say, fs JDCE has this nice messaging system. Use it. I managed to contact Violet with it, a nice person who lives a nice nine timezones away from me. (i feel an unexplicable urge to use the word "nice" too much)

As for the inactiveness: i'd say don't participate if you don't plan to play. I cared little about winning jdce but i didn't want to let people who had to duel me down. This thing was mostly meant to be fun i think, not to be an idle tournament site.