Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

where can I get JJ1 (all nine episodes) for $19.99 or less?

Tmansdc

JCF Member

Tmansdc is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2003, 07:17 AM
where can I get JJ1 (all nine episodes) for $19.99 or less?

I want it badly, if I can get it for free then I will. But I'm willing to pay $19.99 or less (preferably free.) Where can I get it? (I WILL PAY, BUT PREFER NOT TO.) If this is bad please delete it and don't ban me.

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2003, 10:59 AM
Try finding Jazz Jackrabbit on www.ebay.com

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 25, 2003, 11:55 AM
If you got JJ2, you should have gotten JJ1.

Coppertop is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2003, 01:41 PM
I have JJ2, but not JJ1. Why?
And to Tmansdc, I really don't know. I got JJ2 for 30$ Canadian.
Txl Kill

JCF Member

Txl Kill is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2003, 02:07 PM
dont listen jj1 is free just search google for it, the reason you dont have jj1 is because the company ran out of stock so when you got your jj2 you should have gotten a little slip apologizing for it and giving you a free one if you call in or somthing like that.

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Feb 25, 2003, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Txl Kill
(Removed), the reason you dont have jj1 is because the ompany ran out of stock so when you got your jj2 you should have gotten a little slip apologizing for it and giving you a free one if you call in or somthing like that.
This sort of thing is Warez, too. Contact Epic. Or just buy it. It is not that hard to find. Try Epic Classics (http://www.epicclassics.com/) or EBay (http://www.ebay.com/).

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Feb 25, 2003, 02:12 PM
The caller thing doesn't work, and neither does the website (I think.) Jazz 1 is not free, but it is supposed to come with JJ2. Some batches did not have it. You have to find some way to get it. Warez is one way. I suppose if you bought (Bought) Jazz 2 it should be okay, but...

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2003, 02:55 PM
my copy didn't come with JJ1, didn't know it was supposed to.

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2003, 03:47 PM
GoD went bankrupt, I believe, so if you have JJ2, I feel it's alright to download JJ1, since you technically paid for it.

JCF Member

Ice M A N is doing well so far

Feb 25, 2003, 05:03 PM
Not all copies of JJ2 are supposed to have JJ1. Only GoD's release has that offer, I think. If you were supposed to get JJ1, you'd probably know it (on the box, that paper with the phone number, etc..)

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Feb 25, 2003, 05:30 PM
Ice Man is probably right.

Probably.

JCF Member

Feb 25, 2003, 05:32 PM
I believe he is correct. Only GoD Games (which is bankrupt, though I think still alive) released a JJ1 version, too. Look for it at local computer stores, too. JJ1 is somewhat of a classic. At least five small stores in my town sell it!

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2003, 06:51 PM
can't find jazz at any computer stores, I would love to though, but only if it's $19.99 or cheaper, no game in my opinion unless it's super-rare is worth more then $20

Last edited by Tmansdc; Feb 27, 2003 at 06:10 PM.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Feb 27, 2003, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ice M A N
Not all copies of JJ2 are supposed to have JJ1. Only GoD's release has that offer, I think. If you were supposed to get JJ1, you'd probably know it (on the box, that paper with the phone number, etc..)
Actually, JJ1 came with Project2's release as well. And theirs hadn't some stupid excuse of "We ran out of them". Which I believe GoD just thought up so they could make more money on JJ2.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Feb 27, 2003, 03:13 AM
http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/?cat=...vent=shopguide

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Feb 27, 2003, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Trafton
This sort of thing is Warez, too. Contact Epic. Or just buy it. It is not that hard to find. Try Epic Classics (http://www.epicclassics.com/) or EBay (http://www.ebay.com/).
Wrong-O Trafton. Not everything is warez. He bought the game, and it should've came with JJ1, but it didn't. Why the heck would he waste money buying the game, when he is supposed to get it for free. Contact Epic Games and ask for the game, Tman. If that doesn't work I might give you the game.

And T-Man NO game that old is worth 20 dollars, not even worth 10 dollars. It should be free, because it is too old, and no one will buy it anymore.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005
Trafton

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2003, 01:52 PM
Actually, it does not matter if the company has an obligation to provide the game. They are seperate matters. The court system would say Epic still owes him another copy of JJ1, but that download was Warez, since it was not from Epic. The agreement that came with JJ2 states that Epic will provide a copy. A downloaded copy is not from Epic, and is therefore Warez.

(By the way, I use "Epic" in this post as in whoever did the distributing of JJ1s that came with JJ2. I can not remember which company did it.)

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Feb 27, 2003, 02:23 PM
I believe GoD was also distributing the JJ1s. I actually seem to remember the copies of JJ1 supposed to have been in the actual box.

JCF Member

Feb 27, 2003, 06:13 PM
what's the comic-manual like?

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Feb 28, 2003, 04:17 AM
"And legally it is illegal..."

Quote:
Originally posted by Tmansdc
what's the comic-manual like?
Ubersexy.

And legally it is illegal to use warez even though you technically already got the game, but you have to admit, it's fair. He bought Jazz2, Jazz2 was supposed to come to Jazz1. He paid for it, and so it really wouldn't be morally wrong if he got Jazz1 by downloading it somewhere or something. He most definetly would not get in trouble for it. That's my two cents.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>
Sparky

JCF Member

Sparky is doing well so far

Feb 28, 2003, 05:57 AM
Exclamation JJ1 for free? I know where!

Please do not solicit warez on the board, they are strictly prohibited.
-Bobby
http://sparky2002b.net

Last edited by Bobby aka Dizzy; Feb 28, 2003 at 05:01 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Feb 28, 2003, 06:23 AM
Re: JJ1 for free? I know where!

Quote:
Previous post edit. -Bobby
What is it with kids and Warez these days?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

Last edited by Bobby aka Dizzy; Feb 28, 2003 at 05:03 PM.

JCF Veteran

Feb 28, 2003, 06:35 PM
Lol, well let's just say that you shouldn't post warez anymore, becuase some people will haunt you for doing so.. back to Radium and Trafton.

"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

Last edited by JJ Tublear; Feb 28, 2003 at 06:57 PM.
Trafton

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2003, 06:42 PM
"By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Feb 28, 2003, 06:46 PM
Ha ha, Tublear loses.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Tmansdc

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2003, 06:55 PM
I didn't do any warez? I was asking if I had to BUY it or if I could get it for FREE. did you understand that.

JCF Veteran

Feb 28, 2003, 07:00 PM
Quote:
I didn't do any warez? I was asking if I had to BUY it or if I could get it for FREE. did you understand that.
Tman, some people will never learn. And you can get it for free easily.

Trafton

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2003, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
Tman, some people will never learn. And you can get it for free easily.
Tublear, I suggest that you check the rules a bit more closely. Even if that is true, downloading it free is illegal. If you insist on trading Warez, please do not do it on the JCF.

JCF Veteran

Feb 28, 2003, 07:22 PM
WHAT HE IS ASKING FOR IS NOT WAREZ. I'm not going to repeat that again Trafton. He has JJ2, he is entitled to JJ1. There is no reason why he should not get for what he paid for.

JCF Veteran

Feb 28, 2003, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Trafton
However, downloading JJ2 is illegal. It is Warez unless GoD Games gives him a copy. It's illegal to download the game, but legal to demand GoD give you it. However, under their bankrupcy agreement, they are not forced to give out JJ1 anymore. It is unfortunate, but it is the law.
So you're saying that he downloaded JJ2, I don't really believe that but if he did. Iit is illegal to obtain JJ1 or anyone in that fact.

Tmansdc

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2003, 07:38 PM
Close this thread, NOW

JCF Veteran

Feb 28, 2003, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Close this thread, NOW
Err yeah, it's beginning to become a flame war.

Tmansdc

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2003, 07:57 PM
It's still not closed. If you want to resolve this issue, then just go ahead and ban me.

JCF Member

Aiko is doing well so far

Mar 2, 2003, 01:23 PM
No, IceMAN is wrong. The Project 2 distribution (Europe, Canada, Australia) of Jazz2 also included Jazz1.
Ice M A N

JCF Member

Ice M A N is doing well so far

Mar 2, 2003, 01:42 PM
My point was "Not all copies of JJ2 are supposed to have JJ1". I know that my original ordered-direct-from-epic copy didn't have it, and neither did my copy of TSF (with regular JJ2) from Haze... And if I'm wrong about that.. where's MY JJ1, darnit! ;p

The fact that I thought it was only GoD who gave JJ1 doesn't change that..
Aiko

JCF Member

Aiko is doing well so far

Mar 2, 2003, 02:28 PM
Heh, yeah, like my point was the fact that not only Godgames published Jazz2. Actually, it is only the US publisher :)
the WINNER

JCF Member

the WINNER is doing well so far

Mar 8, 2003, 05:21 AM
I got JJ2 and TSF in a pack. Should that have JJ1 with it?
Maxsumus

JCF Member

Maxsumus is doing well so far

Mar 20, 2003, 01:44 PM
hmmm

hmm i think i know where to get jj1 for free.
every heard of (ugly pants) if not search for it in google.com its a kool program which you can download anything you want including (shareware) games (how do ya think i got the (shareware) version of jj2 huh?) search for it on there thats a good place to look if not i cant help you any more ok.

Derby: Content replacement.

Last edited by Derby; Mar 20, 2003 at 04:49 PM.
Trafton

JCF Member

Mar 20, 2003, 01:50 PM
First off, welcome to the board, Maxsumus. I recommend you reread the rules, as Warez (what you described) is not allowed. Still, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Mar 20, 2003, 02:09 PM
Hm. Max is right, though. (ugly pants) is like the quintessential supplier of (shareware) worldwide, (legal) or not. (Redundant redundancy.) However, it's also very unreliable with its virus killer, so anything you download could potentially have a virus attached to it.

In a roundabout way, I'm trying to say buying the game is cheaper than buying a new hard drive because your old one got wiped because of a virus you downloaded from (ugly pants).

Derby: Content replacement.

4I Falcon: I should have seen that coming.

Mental brain thought: (ugly pants) now sucks. I just got rid of it because it's too bug-ridden. Don't ever download (ugly pants)... try (pile of cheesecake) instead!

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!

Last edited by 4I Falcon; Mar 21, 2003 at 09:30 AM.