Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Reeee.....sur.....rectiooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Sep 27, 2003, 11:27 AM
Reeee.....sur.....rectiooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

*dun-dun-DUUUUUN*

I'm back into drawing! Whoohoo!
And just because of this, I'll show you something that isn't even very good. But it's my first piccy in ages, so bear with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by me at DA
A-hem..

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know you missed me. Your looks of disgust can't fool me. ^_~
Alright, I know I haven't been around for a LONG time.. and I haven't commented on anything, either...
Y'see, I just don't feel like doing anything like that without my comp in my own room.. it sucks. XP
But, if you really want me to comment on your piccies, just tell me, and I'll be glad to check out what I missed. ^^
I'll also try to draw more again... I found out I've either really rusted or I have great problems with faces.. *shrugs*

---And to all you who are waiting for piccies, I WILL get them done.. just give me some time to get back into art, PUH-LEASE! ^^;;;---

Okay, and now to the piccy.
Those are two soldiers of Yumaldeus' and a genetically manipulated dragon monster.
The Wache is Faw's second ever encounter with an enemy.
Their strength is about... Level 2 in FF measurement or Battle Power 10 in DBZ. Yah.
The Klasse 2 soldier is quite the tough guy and appears a little later... his weapon is sort of a metal jojo.. hey, it looks odd, but you can seriously destroy people with that thing.. _o:
His power is about Level 5 in FF measurement or Battle Power 20 in DBZ. Or something.
The Siegfried.. I dunno. It looks stronger than a Klasse 2 soldier even. _o: I'll think about that..

Anyways, whee yay!

I know you're all drooling over my sexy Siegfried. Rarr.

EDIT: Hrm... this doesn't work... >_>

Just go here..

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Sep 27, 2003, 11:32 AM
Post it on Noogy's forum so I can use big words and sound smart in front of people who can agree with me.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 11:46 AM
(add some smart-sounding and insulting reply here)

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 12:04 PM
'Take it that's a no.

First off, you should start using construction when drawing, starting off with basic geometric shapes. If you already are, then you should be doing a better job of it. Second, they're kind of completly umproportional. Both their arms are too long and hands are too large, the red one's legs are too short, blue one has a very screwy perspective job on his leg, and the one with the Yo-yo has his neck coming out of the back of his shoulders. It's important to remember that the average torso it about three times the hieght of the hips tall, the elbows are about at the top of the hips, hands are right below the crotch, and legs are about 1.5 to 2 times the length of the torso. I can prove he is unproportional because I can lick my knee and he can't. Yes, I've actually tried. And the folds in the cloth are a bit overdone to the point of a bad ironing job. The green thing on the right's eyes seem offset from it's head. I see a construction line behind it, but it seems that you ignored it. As usual, the lines on the muscles are too sharp. And it's muscles are all wierd and in irrelevant places at irrelevant angles and irrelevant is a fun word. And stuff.

Please stop trying to draw evil mutated things. It's like talking like an AOLer before a spelling bee.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 12:13 PM
Somehow, it's hard to believe your criticism as I used a proportional doll to check the proportions.
I'm gonna check those proportions on myself when I feel like it.

And.. really, just shut it. I draw what I want to draw. I don't give a (yadda yadda) about what you think of my monsters. (yadda yadda)

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 12:20 PM
Let's read DeviantArt's helpful critisization:

Yay! Welcome back. ^^ Nice sketches! I love the differetn colors on the lines, very eyecataching!

Whee! Th' Faw finally uploaded something. [XD] those look very cool. ^^ I like the Siegfried one. o-o

Yay Faw Faw's backies! ^__^ It's about time you uploaded some art! XP Great job! ^_^V

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW. *clings to your leg*

Oh crap, you rule at drawing clothes. The Sarry envies you.

SIEGFRIED IS CUTE. [:heart:]

Is it apparent yet why any artist who has an intrest in improving should loathe that wretched corner of the internet?

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 12:24 PM
So what? If they don't have criticism, they won't give any.
Contrary to what you might think, you are not the only frikkin person in this world. Everybody acts differently.

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Sep 27, 2003, 01:39 PM
Rad and Faw In a flame war! I never would have expected, You've always been such friends before.

Last edited by Strato; Sep 27, 2003 at 01:59 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I agree, that picture is so expressive. I knew you'd love it.

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Sep 27, 2003, 01:52 PM
Que Passa!!!!

(Sung to the tune of "Horay for Hollywood")
Ho-ray for Pic-col-o
That nutty artist known as Pic-col-o
He took a break but now he's back on at it
We though he'd had it
But now he back and he's cool...

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 01:55 PM
Alright alright, thank you, thank you.

But now... any comments about the picture? XD;;

Btw, I checked the anatomy. The Klasse 3 upper arms are a tad long. The rest is good. D'oh.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo
The rest is good.
Can you touch your knee while standing up perfectly straight? The guy on the left seems to be able to.

Quote:
So what? If they don't have criticism, they won't give any.
I think the real problem is that they never seem to have any critisizim.

Standard template for Deviant critisizim:

"I" + random love verb + "the" + random part of picture + random unfairly high abount + "ur awesome at" + random activity.

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Sep 27, 2003, 02:04 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
Alright alright, thank you, thank you.

But now... any comments about the picture? XD;;

Btw, I checked the anatomy. The Klasse 3 upper arms are a tad long. The rest is good. D'oh.
Yeah- the Siegfrieds pose reminds me of my late cat when she came in contact with one of those laser pointer beams.

/\/\

You're definatly improving.

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 04:45 PM
I have created a program which will eliminate the need of Deviantart. Simply press the title and watch it amazingly calculate and display professional deviant-quality criticism at any time you wish.

http://www.foxmage.com/Deviant.exe

No need for that old deviantplace now, is there?

Strato

JCF Member

Sep 27, 2003, 04:58 PM
Yay, I like the part Rad made fun of! =0

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 05:00 PM
Great job, I absolutely LOVE the color! XD

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
Can you touch your knee while standing up perfectly straight? The guy on the left seems to be able to.
I actually have bothered to check this one.. and...

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAASDAASDADSADSA!!!!!!!!!!
You. Are. So. .......seriously. XD

Have you noticed that this guy on the left's left leg is in the BACKGROUND and the right one is in the FOREGROUND?

One great critic you are! XD

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Have you noticed that this guy on the left's left leg is in the BACKGROUND and the right one is in the FOREGROUND?
I never had a problem with the left guy's legs, I was complaining about his arms. And if you dislike my logical criticizm just download my Devprogram.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 05:35 PM
His arms do NOT reach to his knees, that's what I meant. (Jar o' jelly )

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 05:37 PM
In the wise words of Deviant.exe: Omb I can't get enough of the body shape! =0

Strato

JCF Member

Sep 27, 2003, 06:04 PM
Disagrees with rad.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Sep 27, 2003, 08:15 PM
LOL, I like that program, Rad. Immature novelties are always kind of fun

Oh, and since Piccolo isn't listening about how he miscalculated on his arms...

See? You'll notice these things if you take the time to check your own proportions. I can assume my bones are very similars to others, so I check the way my bones and stuff measure to the other parts of the body. Your character's arms almost reach their knees.

But if you would rather keep the arms the way they are, I'm not stoping you. Its just not realistic is all.

Oh, and on the image, I made a bit of the outline of the rib cage visible. The part she mesuring with her finger is the part where the middle of the rib cage reaches it's bottom.

Oh, and any immature comments about Toca in a bikini, and I'll remove the image.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 27, 2003, 08:25 PM
Just watch, I bet Faw listens to you. If I ever REALLY have to get a message to Faw, I'll use my alternative "Rad's Left Hand" account.

And yes, that program seems to be far too much fun than one is meant to have with one line of code. Plus a few irrelevent ones.
Random exclamation + "I" + random synonym for "love" + "the" + random part of picture + random end punctuation and smiley.

Strato

JCF Member

Sep 27, 2003, 08:25 PM
I never studied, never took an art class, never did anything really, but I'm amazed that I know all these things by common sense while everybody else makes dumb mistakes.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Sep 27, 2003, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Just watch, I bet Faw listens to you.
Yeah, he didn't seem to be listening, that is why I used Toca as the instructor. :P

Oh, and I know there's a few problems, like the hands are different sizes, and -her- right hand is poorly drawn. But my main focus was on the locations of the joints and stuff.

That aside, I think the clothes have a cool design. And the lizard dragon thing is gross looking, but it is supposed to look dangerous so that is a good thing.

The images are certainly going in the right direction, and as you gain experience, you'll draw them better. In all that criticism about what is wrong with the image, I feel you should also hear what I think is right.

Oh, and mabye if you listen to this MIDI while you look at the images, it can help see some nice potential...

http://www.fishermansnet.com/midi/NS...godwetrust.mid

I dunno, that music file compliments the character design. Kinda an RPG battle sounding file.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

Last edited by Hare; Sep 27, 2003 at 09:07 PM.
Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Sep 27, 2003, 10:21 PM
Quote:
'Take it that's a no.

First off, you should start using construction when drawing, starting off with basic geometric shapes.

Different styles. Not all require shapes or at least will give you a cramp if you try to.

Second, they're kind of completly umproportional.

Spelling Error =O! Anyways, Faw just needs work on shading since you can't tell much difference in depth.

Both their arms are too long and hands are too large, the red one's legs are too short, blue one has a very screwy perspective job on his leg, and the one with the Yo-yo has his neck coming out of the back of his shoulders.

Leg and hands are fine, it's mostly the lower leg that lacks probably. The red one just needs more depth definition. The one with the yo-yo is probably just an illusion.

It's important to remember that the average torso it about three times the hieght of the hips tall, the elbows are about at the top of the hips, hands are right below the crotch, and legs are about 1.5 to 2 times the length of the torso. I can prove he is unproportional because I can lick my knee and he can't.

He probably could lick his knee.

Yes, I've actually tried. And the folds in the cloth are a bit overdone to the point of a bad ironing job.

Yes.

The green thing on the right's eyes seem offset from it's head. I see a construction line behind it, but it seems that you ignored it. As usual, the lines on the muscles are too sharp. And it's muscles are all wierd and in irrelevant places at irrelevant angles and irrelevant is a fun word.

Use it right will you (Faw, use the line, Rad, use the word correctly)?

Please stop trying to draw evil mutated things. It's like talking like an AOLer before a spelling bee.

Rad gives his personal advice to Faw.
At least we know who's silence means that it's all good. Radium, go somewhere else with your so-called-criticism. All of it is just negative things while you filter out the good things so you can appear superior. Good critics should find at least one good thing to say... otherwise you're just a jerk.

You also misspelled "completely."

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 28, 2003, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare
Oh, and mabye if you listen to this MIDI while you look at the images, it can help see some nice potential...
http://www.fishermansnet.com/midi/NS...godwetrust.mid
I dunno, that music file compliments the character design. Kinda an RPG battle sounding file.
I prefer the snowy terrain music from Heroes of Might and Magic 4 for character design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
At least we know who's silence means that it's all good. Radium, go somewhere else with your so-called-criticism. All of it is just negative things while you filter out the good things so you can appear superior. Good critics should find at least one good thing to say... otherwise you're just a jerk.
I leave the good things up to DevArt. If someone's already hit all the points, there's no reason for me to repeat them, is there?

JCF Member

Skulg is doing well so far

Sep 28, 2003, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Let's read DeviantArt's helpful critisization:

(...)

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW. *clings to your leg*

Oh crap, you rule at drawing clothes. The Sarry envies you.

SIEGFRIED IS CUTE. [:heart:]
I INDEED like the way he draws clothes. I freakin' SUCK at it.
Plus, Siegfried IS cute, in my HUMBLE opinon.

Anyway, I agree with Kaz. You shouldn't just look at the bad things.

Criticism is okay, but things like "If you already are, then you should be doing a better job of it" and "Please stop trying to draw evil mutated things. It's like talking like an AOLer before a spelling bee." are not necessary.
GuMmYBeAr!

JCF Member

GuMmYBeAr! is doing well so far

Sep 28, 2003, 09:14 AM
Radium wants attention.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 28, 2003, 09:17 AM
The only way one can improve is by recognizing their mistakes. Nowhere in that formula is there anything about pathetically dwelling on every thing the person did right. If we wanted that, we could also compliment him on using white paper or using a pencil. Pointing out every single error only helps one improve at a faster rate, and I simply prefer to be cruel about it.

And I can back up the spelling bee analogy with scientific studies.

JCF Member

Skulg is doing well so far

Sep 28, 2003, 09:20 AM
Quote:
(...)and I simply prefer to be cruel about it.
That's exactly the problem.
Strato

JCF Member

Sep 28, 2003, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the real world

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 28, 2003, 09:30 AM
I accept and understand that Fawriel has much potential, but he is unable to pursue that given his state if mind and chosen surroundings. He is practically being lead to believe everything he does is flawless and can not be improved upon in any way. Though you may be the wretched creatures of which he acknowledges as his "friends", ask yourself this: which one of us is actually trying to HELP him?

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 28, 2003, 09:32 AM
Hm... hm..... hmmmmm?

...thanks fr the image, Hare.. but her upper arm.. it doesn't seem to be logn enough to reach her waist bone.... last time I checked, mine was able to... tsk.

But still, thanks, I'll see about it.

And I have NOT ignored the criticism f the arms, they really seem to be good to me.. well, except the left one's upper arm, i think.

*shrugs*

And Rad, telling me to stop trying to whatever is really pathetic.
You seem to have forgotten that drawing is not about "LOOK I HAVE SPENT ALL MY LIFE ON A 10x10 CM DRAWING THAT LOOKS PERFECTLY REALISTIC".. it's about fun. About venting emotion. Expressing yourself. Or just a hobby.
Heh, that's almost sad, dude.

And thank you, Sarry, Kaz and Gummy. And Hare, of course for his REAL criticism. ^^

JCF Member

Sep 28, 2003, 09:40 AM

On the Klasse 3 his right hand just looks kinda big. Actually very big. His fingers curve out and up which is impossible with the hand in that pose. On his left his thumb looks just plain odd. The body armor feels slightly distorted, but the clothing is superb.

There, I'm done being a critic. Now Rad is happy, Faw can improve, and I get flamed. Hooray!

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 28, 2003, 09:41 AM
Quote:
I accept and understand that Fawriel has much potential, but he is unable to pursue that given his state if mind and chosen surroundings. He is practically being lead to believe everything he does is flawless and can not be improved upon in any way. Though you may be the wretched creatures of which he acknowledges as his "friends", ask yourself this: which one of us is actually trying to HELP him?
Oooh jesus.
What do you know about me?
NOTHING.
You know LESS than nothing about me.
I am very well aware of my imperfection, but til now, I have very well improved by myself.
And I should let some admin give you a serious warning for insulting my friends... if anyone here is wretched, it's you.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 28, 2003, 09:42 AM
The hands are big because they are wearing giant gloves, if you haven't noticed.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 28, 2003, 09:50 AM
Quote:
And Hare, of course for his REAL criticism. ^^
Re-reading this topic I notice that Hare said the exact same thing I said and complimented you the same number of times. If I somehow managed to post something under Hare's name, I have an odd feeling you would comply with it's every word.

Quote:
And Rad, telling me to stop trying to whatever is really pathetic. You seem to have forgotten that drawing is not about "LOOK I HAVE SPENT ALL MY LIFE ON A 10x10 CM DRAWING THAT LOOKS PERFECTLY REALISTIC".. it's about fun. About venting emotion. Expressing yourself. Or just a hobby.
Heh, that's almost sad, dude.
Quote:
The hands are big because they are wearing giant gloves, if you haven't noticed.
You are making up excuses; these are the same types of things you said on Noogy's forum, if I recall correctly. In the US we call that "covering your (tail)".

Quote:
I am very well aware of my imperfection, but til now, I have very well improved by myself.
I mean this as a personal opinion, but I haven't seen you improve very much.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 28, 2003, 10:09 AM
I could just as well reply to all of that with a "Hah!". But I don't have much better to do.

Hare really helped me because he pointed out a mistake and showed me how to make it right, and also pointed out what he thought was good.

Those aren't excuses. If you really think art is all about perfection, you shouldn't call yourself an artist.
And do you really think those guys have giant black hands with metal plates attached to them?

A-hem...

HAHAAHAAHAAAHAA!!!!
Yeah, that's all.

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Sep 28, 2003, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Re-reading this topic I notice that Hare said the exact same thing I said and complimented you the same number of times.

Yeah, except it was a bit lighter on the negative insults. Oblivious Radium.

You are making up excuses; these are the same types of things you said on Noogy's forum, if I recall correctly. In the US we call that "covering your (tail)".

Probably... or it could just be something we call explaining.

I mean this as a personal opinion, but I haven't seen you improve very much.

A bit oblivious eh?
Weee! Oblivious is a fun word! *Hugs Radium becuase he's attention craving*