Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

apparently somebody is LP-ing JJ2

JCF Member

b-a-e-r is doing well so far

Apr 13, 2010, 04:34 AM
apparently somebody is LP-ing JJ2

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=3290171

You may find this interesting, so far I enjoyed watching this playthrough of the game. I got nothing more left to say than "discuss" now, so yeah.
sonicnathan 1

JCF Member

sonicnathan 1 is doing well so far

Apr 13, 2010, 07:26 AM
(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-) I was going to start one.
Episode 4: Probably never

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=4882"> Deckstar V3</a>
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5408">Colonial Fix</a>
Jazz 1 Fanolint: 98%

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/downloads/info.php?levelID=5407">Finished secret levels</a>

JCF Member

DodgeS is a sad, sad person

Apr 13, 2010, 08:47 AM
SupremTM probably.

Traditional Japan
Blizzard
Weird Pipes

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Apr 13, 2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Blaster - The default gun. Infinite ammo, good enough to take down anything throughout the game, ricochets off metal surfaces. No upgrades, only "fast fire" powerups, which are still slower than mashing the Fire button.
Nice to know.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Apr 13, 2010, 10:09 AM
the explaination why lori is a "broken" character is nice

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 13, 2010, 01:57 PM
Interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on that. Hopefully he'll be able to finish it.

JCF Member

Apr 14, 2010, 12:02 AM
I did notice he was mistaken on the normal blaster having no powerup, btw. Initially he also thought Lori was the daughter of Spaz and the girl you see at the ending cutscene of JJ2, though I messages him on skype regarding that mistake.
I may be able to vs him somewhere next week.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Apr 14, 2010, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-a-e-r View Post
I did notice he was mistaken on the normal blaster having no powerup, btw. Initially he also thought Lori was the daughter of Spaz and the girl you see at the ending cutscene of JJ2, though I messages him on skype regarding that mistake.
I may be able to vs him somewhere next week.
The mistake about the blaster is pretty funny. But if you never use JCS, its understandable. It's not used in many MP levels, and it's rare in SP as well (do any official levels use it?)

JCF Member

Obi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHART

Apr 14, 2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMike View Post
The mistake about the blaster is pretty funny. But if you never use JCS, its understandable. It's not used in many MP levels, and it's rare in SP as well (do any official levels use it?)
Yeah, A Diamondus Forever does.

JCF Member

Ae has disabled reputation

Apr 14, 2010, 05:50 AM
Blaster is my favorite powerup!
I wonder if he is not using run on purpose so it is easier to watch for people who haven't played
Also since there are two commentators I think it would be more fun to watch if they played in coop!

JCF Member

Apr 14, 2010, 10:31 AM
another reason that he may not have mentioned the blaster powerup is because he didn't find it ingame yet. otherwise he would've probably also mentioned other guns as well. I do know battle1 uses the blaster powerup, by the way, but it never returns after someone used it, contrary to the shield and sentry missile powerups in that map.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Apr 16, 2010, 06:50 AM
Indeed. If you played Battle1 a lot during your JJ2 lifetime (and you most likely did if you played in the old days) you would at least came across the Blaster Powerup once. And it's also pretty common that by carefully playing the single player as Jazz, you would at least spot the powerup sitting on it's location (whether you actually reach it or not). And then anyone who completed a full-scaled level in JCS should've noticed the powerup in the list, or even placed it.

Yeah, I can't call this powerup a mystery even to non Jazz fans..
-:-Darker-:-

JCF Member

-:-Darker-:- is doing well so far

Apr 17, 2010, 02:44 AM
Wow, what an annoyance. Don't remember this stuff from 2004 -.-

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Apr 18, 2010, 08:59 AM
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
the explaination why lori is a "broken" character is nice
Hmm, Lori isn't really "broken", she's just different. Though before the new plus came out, I used to consider her broken though, because she couldn't go on copters and her fur wouldn't work. Saying Lori is broken is just like saying Sonic is broken just because his jumping heights are kind of limited. Or saying Amy is broken because she can't do spin jump. Ok, not quite exactly, but if you catch my drift. I'm replying here because I haven't registered there, nor do I intend to (and especially the fact that it costs money).

JCF Member

Apr 18, 2010, 09:41 AM
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Amy is broken.
Well, I knew someone else would eventually say that. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of Amy myself, but when there's something completely different about some character that they don't have which the others do, people will say they're "broken". It's something which kind of bugs me when people say that. I say it's just something unique really. Because that's what it is, something like no other.

Anyway, to get back on-topic, it might be interesting to watch, as long they don't spend in lvls forever walking around and shooting...those kind of jj2 plays bore me so much.

I love speedruns, 'kay don't kill me and yes I already know there's a jj2 speedrun...only of the original lvls though.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Apr 18, 2010, 09:49 AM
Lori can jump exactly as high as Jazz. Well, at least in SP where nobody try to kill you while you're performing a Golden Jump. Actually, looks like she is just designed to play SP. Her Spinkick agrees with me, too.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Apr 18, 2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
Lori can jump exactly as high as Jazz. Well, at least in SP where nobody try to kill you while you're performing a Golden Jump. Actually, looks like she is just designed to play SP. Her Spinkick agrees with me, too.
I'll kind of agree with you there. Lori kick can be useful in MP too, the through thin walls bug in certain lvls, but is tricky to preform. The shortness of the kick might just save you from getting hit if you're getting a PU that hasn't been placed in a literal corner. And perhaps that it can be quite quick is nice too. As for jumping...well I'll admit copter ears doesn't have *as* much of a use when it comes to MP (except streetfight) yet I find it more fun. Running and jumping and RF climbing is the way I tend to get high in a quicker way than golden jumping (even faster than uppercut ofc). Ofc, there will be things she still can't reach in certain levels. But by any chance, Jazz probably won't be able to reach it either (it's usually easier to reach high with him though).

JCF Member

May 3, 2010, 01:39 PM
After having a little conversation with supsuper on skype (mostly regarding a slight mistake he made when uploading the soundtrack), he gave me this message:

Quote:
regarding the thread comments, since i'm too lazy to register for it now:
- i said lori is *kinda broken*. she's a pain to use in the secret files levels since they focus in tons of precise platforming and it's much easier to just use jazz/spaz's special jumps than lori's run and jump
- i don't run because people complain about keeping track as it is :P
- my commentator is miles away so i can't co-op, and he doesn't know the game much anyways