Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

Disappearing downloads on J2O

incandescentembers

JCF Member

incandescentembers is doing well so far

Nov 2, 2012, 11:31 AM
Disappearing downloads on J2O

Why many downloads are disappearing on Jazz2Online? Like this:
http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/1706/school-v3/
What is going on? It's not even possible to find these delited works anywhere else on the web... Does any one still have the School v3 tileset (by Username) WITH it's example level?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 2, 2012, 12:10 PM
Someone, presumably the author, deleted it back then. I'll undelete it, I see little reason not to.
incandescentembers

JCF Member

Nov 2, 2012, 01:40 PM
Too bad there are tons of deleted downloads...
Well, at least School is back - I have no idea why someone would delete this great tileset from the site.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 2, 2012, 02:22 PM
Any download in particular you're missing?
incandescentembers

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2012, 12:18 PM
For example:
http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads...otus-mountain/

BTW: I think all uploads by this user (PurpleJazz) are deleted...
incandescentembers

JCF Member

Nov 13, 2012, 10:24 PM
I don't know why my messages don't appear... I wrote here that all uploads by PurpleJazz are deleted. But there are wayyyyyy more

Administrator

Nov 14, 2012, 05:08 AM
Wasn't our doing, he himself was the one who deleted them. So if you want that file, contact its author? You can send him a PM on J2O, or here on the JCF, or look up his e-mail address, or something.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Nov 14, 2012, 08:52 AM
You can also sometimes find tilesets by searching to see if other people have used them: CMountains

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 15, 2012, 07:10 AM
Though, I have reasoning for deleting my old files (think along the lines of subpar)

Administrator

Nov 15, 2012, 08:40 AM
There's apparently still people interested in them, though, and leaving them up hurts no one (J2O has no shortage of disk space or bandwidth at the moment), so why not leave them up?

I doubt anyone will hold it against you that your older levels weren't as good as your later ones.

JCF Member

PurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHARTPurpleJazz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 15, 2012, 01:31 PM
Well, I deleted them some time ago, so it's hardly a current issue but I thought I'd point that out. Feel free to restore them if you wish.

Administrator

Nov 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
Done! thanks
incandescentembers

JCF Member

Mar 28, 2014, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately there are a lot of files missing which weren't hosted on J2O, so it's probably impossible to re-upload them, but maybe if someone has the files it could be somehow added by admins to the original zip file? Here is a good example, where the music is missing:
http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/3357/-/

JCF Member

KRSplatinum is a forum legendKRSplatinum is a forum legend

Mar 28, 2014, 10:11 PM
It's most likely that you can find the missing music module files on MOD archive, a site external from J2O. It's also on the Internet - I hope you can find the songs online.
incandescentembers

JCF Member

Apr 1, 2014, 10:52 PM
http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/6232/-/

This is very weird. Whenever I try to open the lvl it says "The security envelope of this level has been demaged.
This level cannot be loaded"

WTH?

Administrator

Apr 1, 2014, 11:36 PM
Read the description...

Quote:
Also note that you cannot open this level in JCS. This is a protective measure, since saving it in JCS will break things. If you want to open this level, use reworder.exe to save it normally. That will “unlock” it. Do not use “save and run” from JCS though. If you want to edit the level, ask me and I can send you the rwmacro file that will allow you to edit it properly.
SaVn

Banned

SaVn is doing well so far

Sep 10, 2015, 04:21 PM
Where can I find tilesets of SNZ? Where are they?
I think were deleted by snz. So how will my pack without those precious tilesets?

BTW. I think that all files of this user (SNZ) are deleted ...

How are we going to restore all the files of This user?

Last edited by SaVn; Oct 4, 2015 at 04:46 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 04:22 PM
SaVn
This message has been deleted by SaVn.

Administrator

Sep 10, 2015, 04:34 PM
It is very simple:

Snooze deleted the files. If Snooze wants to restore them, he can request them to be restored. If not, they will not be restored.

Asking everyone and asking them a thousand times will not help. If something is deleted by the author, only the author can request it to be restored. No one else. Stop whining about this.