Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

ToU Part 3! Come join in before it becomes 40 pages!

JCF Member

Ae has disabled reputation

Nov 21, 2005, 01:32 PM
Or throw the rope up to the top and try to get it looped around something.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 21, 2005, 02:06 PM
Uberbob took out the rope and duct tape. He securely taped the rope to his body, rather than just tieing it around himself like any normal person would do. He swung the free end around a few times and tossed it up the slope with all his might. It cracked like a whip and fell back down after making it less than a third of the way up. The rope was only about 100 feet long, and the cliff was well over 300 feet tall. This page was added to that useless thing they carry around with them that started out as a melted titanium spork.

JCF Member

MSB3000 is doing well so far

Nov 21, 2005, 03:26 PM
So was I, I had a crazy idea that another avalanche would make a way to climb over... the... door......

Never mind.

Do what Ae tried, by hammering the chisels (sp?) into the ice and using the rope as a way to climb by tying them to the chisels. See if it actually works.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 21, 2005, 05:24 PM
Your ideas are not very specific. Details, people, details.

Uberbob hammered a chisel into the ice, tied the rope to it, and tried to climb up. He only got as high as he could reach to hammer it in.

An excerpt from my last conversation with Radium:

devthemagister: They won't stand for this much longer.
ItalicSemicolon: We need more people D=
devthemagister: You're teetering on the edge of supervillainy.
ItalicSemicolon: I have before and it was awesome.

JCF Member

Nov 21, 2005, 05:58 PM
"The answer is beef."

Take another chisel (I assume he's still on the one he already hammered into the ice) and do the same. Have Faw climb up behind him, with all the other chisels. This way, Faw stays behind to pull out chisels below, and Uberbob hammers them into the ice above. And they climb. Meanwhile, Araches will save.

JCF Member

Nov 21, 2005, 06:39 PM
Warp the Party to Antifoo Isle, examine surroundings.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2005, 08:55 AM
I'm doing Ae's first, for the sake of being formulaic.

While Uberbob clung to the rope pondering what to do next, it occured to me that I ought to examine Antifoo Island. I took the Magic Map from Shuri and warped myself there.
The majority of the island still appeared to be covered in red tape, with the words "DO NOT CROSS" written in big, bold letters across it. According to the sign at the front gate, the grand reopening was still scheduled for never. The Porta-save was up and running, so I tapped it before warping back, just in case Uberbob's next plan got us all killed.
I warped back to Upper Placespot and fell down the slope once more, though this time crashing into Uberbob. "The answer is beef!" He shouted as I struggled to get off of him and back on my feet. "And also, I have another plan!"
He leapt up again and got back on the rope. "Green guy I recently became best friends with! Get on this rope with me, and bring the other chisels!"
"You're NOT my best friend," Fawriel declared. "My best friend is D-"
"Less talkie more do-what-Uberbob-saysie!"
Fawriel sighed. He climbed onto the rope beneath Uberbob with the chisels tucked under his snazzy adventurer's belt. "Okay, here's the plan," Uberbob explained. "I'll climb up the rope, hammer in the next chisel, which YOU will hand to me, and then tie the rope around it and keep climbing up higher. Meanwhile, you pull out the chisels from the bottom as we climb so we can keep going up!"
I had to admit, it didn't sound like that bad of an idea. There was just one problem...
"You're NOT leaving u5 behind again!" L33tz4n declared. "You just sa1d you had feelings for me. I refuse to wait d0wn here while you do something dang3rous!" I was very surprised to hear such strong words coming out of humble and modest little L33tz4n's mouth. Uberbob almost seemed touched.
"Okay..." he said, smiling at L33tz4n. "We'll all go up!" he paused for a while, then added, "... Somehow!"

Last edited by Dev; Nov 22, 2005 at 09:17 AM.

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2005, 11:59 AM
"Well, everyone has a chisel. Tie the rope around everyone's waist, so they're all connected, and proceed with the plan. But now with more people than just Faw. Whoever's last will pull out the chisel and hand it to the above person and so on until it gets to Uberbob. Then he hammers it in and climbs up with everyone following."

Well, everyone has a chisel. Tie the rope around everyone's waist, so they're all connected, and proceed with the plan. But now with more people than just Faw. Whoever's last will pull out the chisel and hand it to the above person and so on until it gets to Uberbob. Then he hammers it in and climbs up with everyone following.

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2005, 12:04 PM
Can you still get to the part of Antifoo Isle that Fox is at? I was wondering what all wasn't taped off.

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2005, 12:08 PM
ALL IS TAPED. ITS LIKE THE WALLS IN GAMES THAT DONT CRACK EVEN THOUGH YOUR GUN BLOWS UP SOLID ROCK! All the place is useful for now is to save. And it's a good thing we did before we will try this.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2005, 06:37 PM
Ae: Everything is taped off. And it's magic tape, so you can't go over, under or through it. The fusion of technology and the dark arts in this world has made breaking petty laws very, very difficult.

Uberbob stated his newest master plan. "Well, everyone has a chisel. Tie the rope around everyone's waist, so they're all connected, and proceed with the plan. But now with more people than just Faw. Whoever's last will pull out the chisel and hand it to the above person and so on until it gets to Uberbob. Then he hammers it in and climbs up with everyone following."
It sounded plausible enough, though still pretty dangerous, but then that's what Save Stations are for. We all got on the rope and began climbing up. I was on the bottom, noteably NOT under Shuriken, so it was my job to pull out the chisels as we climbed. We made it up about 100 feet, free of any difficulties worth noting.
As always, however, something went wrong. A huge boulder fell from the slope and began rolling directly towards us, gathering snow on the way down and getting larger and larger. Halfway down it looked to be about 20 feet in diameter. Apparently someone didn't want us to reach Upper Placespot so easily.
Uberbob shot the Snowball of Death a defiant eye. I hoped he had another brilliant plan, because despite what teen movies will have you believe, dyin' ain't cool.

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2005, 06:49 PM
Sling fireball at Snowball of Death

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 06:20 AM
"Gay sorceress fox lady!" Uberbob shouted as the Snowball of Death approached. "Sling a fireball! NOW!"
Before he had even said a word I was already conjuring a formidable ball of hellfire. I cried out with the full force of my lungs as I flung the whirling ball of flaming magic with all my might. It collided with the snowy abomination, and consumed it. The snow melted instantly, but unfortunately the boulder within it did not. It slammed directly into Uberbob, knocking the chisel, the rope, and everyone attached off of the slope, plummetting severel feet to their horrible, bloody deaths...

__________________________________________________ ______________

I warped back to Upper Placespot and slid down the slope once more, though this time crashing into Uberbob. "The answer is beef!" He shouted as I struggled to get off of him and back on my feet. Oddly, it seemed like I had known the answer all along...

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 10:32 AM
List spells and inventory.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks to Risp, that is now possible for me to do! =D

Spells

Uberbob
:
FysicsPhailure- Uberbob breaks the fragile laws of physics around target.
Randomtacklemanashackle- Uberbob causes target to take damage when casting a spell.
AntiMagic: Uberbob locks target's magic aura.

Araches:
Lightning- Araches calls down a bolt of lightning.
Haste- Araches speeds up time around target.
Poison- Araches poisons a target.
Bloodlust- Araches increases targets attack power.

Fawriel:
Heal- Fawriel surrounds target in a healing glow.
Raise- Fawriel raises target from the dead.

L33tz4n:
Hypnotise- L33tz4n bends target to her will.
Summon Mythslayer- L33tz4n calls a mighty Mythslayer forth from some horror novel somewhere.
Summon Water Elemental- L33tz4n focuses nearby water into a somewhat mighty Water Elemental.
Summon Enchantresphere- L33tz4n summons a fully grown Enchantresphere from wherever it is they come from.

Shuriken:
Haste- Shuriken speeds up time around target.
Ninja Speed- Shuriken increases her own speed.
Fo'shizzle- Does damage based on the damage Shuri has taken.

Mythslayer:
Slay- Reduces target's health by one third.

Inventory
Code:
 First-Aid Kit Bottle full of Canadian Bits Rope Duct Tape Thirdeighteennoteevenbettercitrusfruitymanypagedla zerlightysuperflyingfullyclotheductscraptlegalfourseatsestrudelire Magic Map Ice Tools

Last edited by Dev; Nov 23, 2005 at 11:57 AM.

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 11:56 AM
Ask L33tz4n what she remembers is for trade at the Trading Post.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 23, 2005, 11:57 AM
Hmmmmmmm. What happens if you put an inanimate object on the magic map the way you would normally put your hand on it when teleporting?

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 11:59 AM
Try that with the Thirdnote.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 12:20 PM
"Say, L33tz4n, do you remember what was up for trade at the Trading Post?" Uberbob asked.
L33tz4n recited the items at the Trade Post from memory in fluent html.

"
Code:
Tree-like-plant-leaf Ruby Slippers Mitten  Bishop Nail Pearldiver's Knife Pogo Stick
"

"What happens if you put an inanimate object on the magic map the way you would normally put your hand on it when teleporting?" Uberbob then asked, apparently still talking to L33tz4n, his slithering encyclopedia.
"I don't kn0w," she replied. "L3t's try it with the Thirdnoteetc. Make sure you try w4rping it either here or somewhere Fawr1el can go."
Uberbob nodded, placed the Magic Map on the ground, then dropped the Thirdnotetc. onto the drawing of Upper Placespot. Nothing happened.
"Looks like it takes the touch of a living person," Shuri stated.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 23, 2005, 12:26 PM
..so about how large is the boulder itself, oh great, powerful DM?

Oh, and while we're at it, analyze the slope. Is it pure ice?

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 12:31 PM
Meanwhile have Faw warp to Pandora's Isle to trade the Bottle + Canadian Bits for the mitten. And then come back.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 12:31 PM
You don't know, you just reloaded remember? Try asking when it's just about to kill you again. D=

I looked at the slope again. It was pure ice. Ice rhymes with rice. When Uberbob's journey started, he had a Chinese takeout box with some rice. Funny how things work out like that.

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 12:32 PM
Do what post #1089 said.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 12:34 PM
And Faw took the Magic Map, warped to Pandora's Islane, traded the bottle of Canadian bits for the mitten, then warped back. Now when you fall to your deaths you'll at least have warm hands.

And use your imagination, Ae. There are plenty of logical ways to deal with this obstacle.

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev

And use your imagination, Ae. There are plenty of logical ways to deal with this obstacle.
Yeah, I just used it as you were typing that, and edited ;O

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 12:36 PM
Uberbob stated his newest master plan. "Well, everyone has a chisel. Tie the rope around everyone's waist, so they're all connected, and proceed with the plan. But now with more people than just Faw. Whoever's last will pull out the chisel and hand it to the above person and so on until it gets to Uberbob. Then he hammers it in and climbs up with everyone following."
It sounded plausible enough, though still pretty dangerous, but then that's what Save Stations are for. We all got on the rope and began climbing up. I was on the bottom, noteably NOT under Shuriken, so it was my job to pull out the chisels as we climbed. We made it up about 100 feet, free of any difficulties worth noting.
As always, however, something went wrong. A huge boulder fell from the slope and began rolling directly towards us, gathering snow on the way down and getting larger and larger. Halfway down it looked to be about 20 feet in diameter. Apparently someone didn't want us to reach Upper Placespot so easily.
Uberbob shot the Snowball of Death a defiant eye. I hoped he had another brilliant plan, because despite what teen movies will have you believe, dyin' ain't cool.

I'm lazy, sue me.

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 12:37 PM
Cast FysicsPhailure on the Snowball of Doom.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 23, 2005, 12:37 PM
Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Get up the slope again, managing it the same way as before, what with the icepicks and tying everyone together with the rope and duct tape and stuff.
Then, when the snowball arrives, make Araches quickly thaw a cavern-like hollow form into the slope and make everyone slip into it, so the snowball rolls over it.
Like.. this.
Code:
      O /      
    .  /
   .  /_
 .    U ;
.  /---/
. /    ^- Uberbob and everyone

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 12:47 PM
We should just have a portable hole.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 12:50 PM
Yay! Did we catch a fallin autumn leaf? That brings good luck next year..one leaf for every month.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 12:52 PM
Sorry, Faw, but when commands conflict with each other I must abide by the sacred laws of the DM.

Uberbob smiled the kind of smile that only someone brimming with insanity can smile. We were all very, very worried.
"We're gonna get pwned!" Fawriel cried.
"No!" Uberbob declared as he puffed out his chest. "'Tis the Snowball which shalt meet thine pwnage! I never studied fysics in high school, so feel my FYSICS PHAILURE!"
Somewhere Albert Einstein rolled over in his grave. The Snowball of Death's mass increased exponentially by the nine hundred and ninety-nine trillionth, nine hundred and ninety-nine billionth, nine hundred ninety-nine millionth, nine hundred and ninety-nine thousendth, nine hundred and ninety-two point sixth power. The universe collapsed into oblivion.
Out in the middle of perpetual nothingness, God sighed and said, "I knew I shouldn't have made that Uberbob guy."
__________________________________________________ _______________

I warped back to Upper Placespot and slid down the slope once more, though this time crashing into Uberbob. "The answer is beef!" He shouted as I struggled to get off of him and back on my feet. Oddly, it seemed like I had known the answer all along...

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 23, 2005, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawriel
Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Get up the slope again, managing it the same way as before, what with the icepicks and tying everyone together with the rope and duct tape and stuff.
Then, when the snowball arrives, make Araches quickly thaw a cavern-like hollow form into the slope and make everyone slip into it, so the snowball rolls over it.
Like.. this.
Code:
      O /      
    .  /
   .  /_
 .    U ;
.  /---/
. /    ^- Uberbob and everyone
>OOOOO

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 23, 2005, 01:46 PM
"Gay sorceress fox lady!" Uberbob shouted as the Snowball of Death approached. "Sling a fireball! NOW!" I already had a feeling that it wasn't going to work, until Uberbob added, "At the ICE! Sling it at the ice and make a cavern!"
I put my hand to the ice slope and shot a fireball spell into it. The thin layer of snow melted, but the ice below it did not. Before I could even call Uberbob an incopetant boob for forgetting that only the enchanted ice tools can damage the ice, we were struck by the Snowball of Death. We all plummetted several feet to our horrible, bloody deaths...
__________________________________________________ _______________

I warped back to Upper Placespot and slid down the slope once more, though this time crashing into Uberbob. "The answer is beef!" He shouted as I struggled to get off of him and back on my feet.
"I knew that you incompetant boob!" I yelled. I wasn't sure why, but this caused me to feel both fulfilled and highly paranoid.

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 02:05 PM
My map is crazy looking, and need to be refreshened, what's to the East, West, North and South?

After that, go the guy on the frozen wave and have Faw revive or heal him.

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canti3000
the guy on the frozen wave
Eh?

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risp
I now found myself in standing on frozen water under the glittering Upper Placespot. A huge slope of frozen rubble was to my east, and a giant frozen wave blocking the way to the north. The south and west, however, were open. Looking closer, I saw the frozen wave had a frozen guy in a surfboard stuck on it. And looking down, I could actually see the ocean floor through the ice. It only looked maybe five feet down from here.
^

Go W, N, and try to heal or revive the frozen guy. If all else fails, have Araches throw a fireball at him.

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2005, 06:14 PM
Well, now that I know he is there:
Chisel into the ice to get the guy out.

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Nov 24, 2005, 04:16 AM
Wait a good ten minutes or so for the boulder to fall, *then* try climbing up as before.

JCF Member

Nov 24, 2005, 06:18 AM
I think that somebody pushed it off because we started climbing

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Nov 24, 2005, 09:16 AM
Okay, in that case can we get Faw to teleport up there and make sure no boulders get pushed off?