Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

1.25 fixes (suggestions)

>>Møønßlãzé<<

JCF Member

>>Møønßlãzé<< is doing well so far

Jul 7, 2002, 06:29 AM
I'd like if it where posible making more layers in JCS.
JanusJackrabbit

JCF Member

JanusJackrabbit has disabled reputation

Jul 7, 2002, 11:28 AM
Hey Moonblaze. How did you do that instant death thing in one of your easter levels?

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Jul 20, 2002, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JanusJackrabbit
Hey Moonblaze. How did you do that instant death thing in one of your easter levels?
I never made an easter level.

Make shields going off by getting damage like the bird.
Instead of on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!
JanusJackrabbit

JCF Member

Jul 20, 2002, 06:36 AM
Sorry, I must have been thinking of someone else.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 20, 2002, 12:48 PM
You're thinking of Chander/Chandie/whichever. It's quite simple.
In single player, if you have the red flag, then deliver it to a blue base, you die (go back to start pos, or most recent checkpoint) except you do not lose a life. Chand-something, from what I can tell, had you fall into a small room with both of them in it, but covered in layer 3.

JCF Member

Jul 20, 2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Unknown!
StormyThunder

JCF Member

StormyThunder has disabled reputation

Aug 5, 2002, 04:47 PM
Hmm... well... I'd kind of like the Rocket Turtle to be an enemy instead of a boss. It's in the enemies section, but you have to activate him like a boss. Oh, and I think the rocket turtle flies away too fast... you need super fast fire in order to kill him. I'm not sure if you could fix that or not though. It'd also be nice if the Tweedle Boss would actually be able to be seen when defeating him. It's hard to tell where the boss is when he's invisible. I'm not sure if you could fix that or not though.

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 5, 2002, 10:06 PM
Use Area IDs around him, paticularly thick at his upper left, if you want to keep Rocket Turtle around.

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Aug 6, 2002, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by StormyThunder
Hmm... well... I'd kind of like the Rocket Turtle to be an enemy instead of a boss. It's in the enemies section, but you have to activate him like a boss. Oh, and I think the rocket turtle flies away too fast... you need super fast fire in order to kill him. I'm not sure if you could fix that or not though. It'd also be nice if the Tweedle Boss would actually be able to be seen when defeating him. It's hard to tell where the boss is when he's invisible. I'm not sure if you could fix that or not though.
Well, Rocket Turtle was never finished; a reason it might fly away so quickly and have no attacks and do nothing except fly away and follow Area ID's. ;P

Uhm, Tweedle was never finished either...he's less incomplete than the Rocket Turtle, and probably doesn't have a completed animation set, let alone programming for behaviour (he has at least ONE frame of animation, but that could be it).
The Hye Circus

JCF Member

The Hye Circus has disabled reputation

Aug 8, 2002, 11:10 AM
Impossible things I would like to see

I think it would be a good idea to like platforms work in multiplayer. Thats all I want, besides that trigger zone 2.
Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Aug 8, 2002, 12:28 PM
Trigger zones work fine in multiplayer.
The Hye Circus

JCF Member

Aug 8, 2002, 01:12 PM
Trigger Zones

Of course Trigger Zones work fine. I just want Trigger Zone 2, which affects everyone in multiplayer, not just the person who triggered it.
JanusJackrabbit

JCF Member

Aug 8, 2002, 06:07 PM
That doesn't matter if the people are forced to go through a trigger zone.
The Hye Circus

JCF Member

Aug 8, 2002, 08:42 PM
Gah

No. It doesn't work that way. I posted this somewhere else. The Trigger Zones are used like Trigger Crates, only they unswitch the Triggers too. I'll show you my level, but I will tell you Trigger Zones DO NOT work fine. (For my level. They work fine in other levels, but not in mine.)
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Aug 19, 2002, 07:45 PM
Here's my(small)wishlist:

1.Give Tweedle some behaviour and animations

2.Fix Devan so he doesn't take huge damage from one non-weapon attack and make it so if you stomp him into a devil, he doesn't die in one hit.Urgh, thats annoying!(From a designer's point of view)

3.Make events work on the very sides of the screen.

4.Give all bosses "intro text", not just Robot Devan.

5.Make Robot Devan work properly with other bosses, so he's not
limited to one boss to control.(EG:Able to control Bolly as well as Robot)

6.Fix Bolly so if you die while fighting him, you don't see Bolly's empty bottom area floating there until you touch Activate Boss.

7.Add a "miniboss" of whatever parameter so you can make more than one boss fight per level.

8.Add "Jazz Boss" into event list so you don't have to use an MCE to work it

9.FIX THE "CONNECTION TIMED OUT"ERROR!! That infuriates me to NO END!

...That's all I can think of for now.

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Aug 19, 2002, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Iam Canadian
1.Give Tweedle some behaviour and animations
Read my above post.
Quote:
2.Fix Devan so he doesn't take huge damage from one non-weapon attack and make it so if you stomp him into a devil, he doesn't die in one hit.Urgh, thats annoying!(From a designer's point of view)
I suppose this is a bug yes, although seeing as he's easy to kill anyway I'm not too fussed.
Quote:
3.Make events work on the very sides of the screen.
That's a biig bug, also the cause of the repeating flag bug and means you can't pick up ammo that falls there.
Quote:
4.Give all bosses "intro text", not just Robot Devan.
This would be more convinient, but you can just stick text strings near the activate boss events.
Quote:
5.Make Robot Devan work properly with other bosses, so he's not
limited to one boss to control.(EG:Able to control Bolly as well as Robot)
Huh? You can stick him with any boss combination afaik. In fact, a Robot Devan, boxed off Bubba with stop enemy events produces some interesting results...(old J2C thingie I discovered)
Quote:
6.Fix Bolly so if you die while fighting him, you don't see Bolly's empty bottom area floating there until you touch Activate Boss.
...huh?
7.Add a "miniboss" of whatever parameter so you can make more than one boss fight per level.[/B][/QUOTE]
That would be QUITE useful actually?
Quote:
8.Add "Jazz Boss" into event list so you don't have to use an MCE to work it
Considering it's not really an event, I dunno how it'd work, really it's just a Devan boss with sprit changes and it seems, a few behaviour changes.
Quote:
9.FIX THE "CONNECTION TIMED OUT"ERROR!! That infuriates me to NO END!
That message is caused by a bad connection to the server. There's an easy way to prevent this: Get a better internet connection. ;P
The Hye Circus

JCF Member

Aug 20, 2002, 05:22 AM
Bosses

Most Jazz Single Player games I play include boss fights with more then one boss. I think it would be a good idea to get a second health bar in for that boss.
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Aug 20, 2002, 10:41 AM
Well for me, if I ever die fighting Bolly, and I get back to his area, I see the bottom area of Bolly(anything below the eye) floating there, until I touch Activate Boss. And, unless I hide Robot somewhere, having Devan without a Robot makes the game give me give Access Violations or really glitchy stuff.Another useful addition would be giving Bolly(glitchy, ain't he?) an "Endtext" parameter, so his endtext doesn't HAVE to be 0.And before you ask, I'm using many Single Player wishes, because most multiplayer ones I have have been said.

JCF Member

Trafton AT is doing well so far

Aug 22, 2002, 01:09 PM
Make it an option whether a boss ends the level or not. That would let you have "minibosses."
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Aug 27, 2002, 06:56 PM
Yes, that's what I meant. Think about it! In one level, you fight Devan and his tin can robot. Then, after the robot is defeated, you continue. Then. at the end, fight Devan mano-a-mano! Sound lame? OK it is. More suggestions:

-More text strings (I HAVE run out)
-Make platforms work in Party Mode
-Fix the CTF bug
-MP3 support
-"Homecooked Episodes" selection, with a J2E maker, to make Episode pics to organize them easier.

JCF Member

Kientero is doing well so far

Aug 29, 2002, 06:15 PM
Lightbulb

I have an IDEA for JCS.

When you are on your way to chose for a music for your level, you will find a scroll-button (on the right side) that will scroll down a list under it, showing all of musics that are in your JJ2 folder.
And if you wanted to hear the music you've had chosen for the level, two buttons "Play" & "Stop" will be under the "Help" button.

I'll find some more Idea's later, but for now *stretching his arms* I have to got to bed... -.-zzZ

Hey "Was my english any good? Cuz I've haven't done it for YEARS!"

Sep 1, 2002, 06:00 AM
hey, how about you make it so you can use an enemy like a trigger crate, so when you kill the enemy it triggers the scenery, that could be used in test levels, like you have to beat a tuf turtle to pass through, unless there is already a way to do that, then i could make my zelda level
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Sep 1, 2002, 10:05 AM
If only one thing had to be fixed, I want to fix the bug that doesn't display your text when you press ENTER in a chat! It infuriates me to a huge extent! ARGH.
4I Falcon

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Sep 5, 2002, 02:04 PM
Make the | and ^ (infinite symbol) work inside JJ2, so you don't have to go to the registry to change them. It ticks me off, that whenever I decide to play as not myself, I have to go back into the registry afterwards and change my name back.

whoops, did I just say that?

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!
JanusJackrabbit

JCF Member

Sep 5, 2002, 06:30 PM
Or have a checkbox that swiches it for you(like smilies).

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 5, 2002, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Trafton AT
If only one thing had to be fixed, I want to fix the bug that doesn't display your text when you press ENTER in a chat! It infuriates me to a huge extent! ARGH.
This happens when you backspace the message you were previously typing past the first character.

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Sep 6, 2002, 08:00 PM
so it's not just "randomly-decide-not-to-display-your-chat syndrome"?

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Sep 6, 2002, 08:07 PM
Nope.
But it still needs to be fixed. Is there a real reason for this, or is it just bad programming?
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Sep 6, 2002, 10:46 PM
Hmmm... full list later. (How many topics like this are there? Pretty sure I replied to at least ONE of them...)

Quick idea: in relation to mini-bosses/ option for boss to not end level, how about option for boss to open a trigger zone when you defeat him?

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2002, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Another Jazz 2 fan
Hmmm... full list later. (How many topics like this are there? Pretty sure I replied to at least ONE of them...)

Quick idea: in relation to mini-bosses/ option for boss to not end level, how about option for boss to open a trigger zone when you defeat him?
GREAT idea. I think that it would solve the whole miniboss thing.
RedShade

JCF Member

RedShade is doing well so far

Jan 2, 2003, 03:30 AM
Cool Somethin'

An ability to flip tiles vertically in JCS could be useful. Maybe.
(OK, I admit it, there's a topic here about that!)

And Lori Start Pos. Useful, too.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 4, 2003, 03:29 PM
I'd like to see an ID for destruct scenery. For instance, if you break scenery with an ID of 4, all scenery with an ID of 4 will break. Not only would this let you have trigger scenery, but you could make multi-tile objects you could destroy by shooting any part of them.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Trafton

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Jan 4, 2003, 03:39 PM
Personally, I would like a feature in 1.25 that causes something nearby to explode whenever a person attempts to make a Battle1 edit.

JCF Member

Alister is doing well so far

Jan 5, 2003, 07:05 AM
Hear! hear!

And battle2, for that matter.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jan 5, 2003, 05:02 PM
-Fix warp backround (In other words meaning you can make a warp backround with having more or less tiles than 8x8
-Make the gems you collect still be counted after surpassing 100 (In sp)
-Add more things to ambient sound
-Make some of the enemies which dont work properly work properly
-Make that when you do the uppercut and hit an enemy above, you keep going instead of the uppercut stopping after killing the enemy therefore making you fall down
-Allow things to move/animate without having to make frames for them (True, it sounds impossible, but it would make any tileset maker's life better aka meaning he wont have to use up energy and space making animations)
-Make ambient lighting work in water
-Make the spike bolls undestructable (Because if you shoot a regular spike boll, not 3d, enough times it will eventually "break"
-Make an event which makes jazz start praying for Blackraptor
-Thats all

JCF Member

Myk is doing well so far

Jan 19, 2003, 09:04 AM
Are possible create a new bosses? If yes, create a Jazz, Spaz and Lori! When the 1.25 version is create? How many procents you have done? 25%?

JCF Member

shaney is an asset to this forumshaney is an asset to this forum

Jan 20, 2003, 03:13 AM
Lightbulb ionterview with unhit about jazz2 1.25

Session Start (ICQ - 165713666:Unhit): Mon Jan 20 13:10:55 2003
the jazz2o reporter: if there ever was a jazz2 1.25 patch what should it all have
Unhit: Combining 1.23 and TSF, preventing people from using things like Jazztool to enter passworded servers, a function to chat to people without joining servers

Unhit: and much more I can't think of atm

Unhit: ow, Lori should be belanced so it could be worth playing her
the jazz2o reporter: aha we of 1.24 where thinking of a other thing Mp3 abillety in jcs and higher resolution
Unhit: higher resolution will be hard
the jazz2o reporter: do you think that all jazz2 like 1.23 1.24 tsf and xmas should merge
the jazz2o reporter: no i mean that jcs could use more collours
Unhit: liek custom tilesets?
the jazz2o reporter: yes if you make your own tileset u can use fotos
Unhit: not as long a stups from TSF can enter a private 1.23, e.g. duel-, server with jazztool
the jazz2o reporter: 3d pictures
Unhit: playing wc3
cu
the jazz2o reporter: i want some thing that if you make a server that rookies download your level online not in your server cause you may have FL
Unhit: and how to prevent that?
the jazz2o reporter: FL is Freeze lag
the jazz2o reporter: the worse lag of all
Unhit: I know that man
Unhit: but how do you want to prevent it?
the jazz2o reporter: cya
Unhit: there is no way

im still alive yeah

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 20, 2003, 06:01 AM
Re: ionterview with unhit about jazz2 1.25

Quote:
Originally posted by shaney

the jazz2o reporter: yes if you make your own tileset u can use fotos
The worst part is that this guy is 17 years old.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Myk

JCF Member

Myk is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2003, 03:57 AM
Is it a site about Jazz Jackrabbit 1.25 version?
PhAyzoN

JCF Member

PhAyzoN is doing well so far

Jan 26, 2003, 04:04 PM
Rocket Turtle? wuts that? i dont see it

BTW:in Defost TRC's levels (sumtimes) he put events that shoots stuff like seeks and fire. How can u do this?

Proud Member Of The Rapid Clan A| Thousandeyes Restrict Clan