Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

The future of Jazz

~SPLASH~

JCF Member

~SPLASH~ is doing well so far

Oct 9, 2002, 09:23 AM
KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS!!!.... just for the heck of it.
VeggieMan

JCF Member

VeggieMan is doing well so far

Oct 9, 2002, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~SPLASH~
KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS!!!.... just for the heck of it.
NO!! FI><0RS IT!!

What did Cliffery B sellout you out too?!?

L33T
LIEK
JEFF K.

Paul

JCF Member

Paul is doing well so far

Oct 9, 2002, 12:41 PM
Bobby, here's another image for your page :

Giovanni Giacomo Gastoldi (1550-1622)

-Paul

Proudly 7th to register. (:

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Oct 9, 2002, 01:26 PM
I just hate MicroSo*t. There products own, but they've invaded our gaming rooms, our offices, our bedrooms already. I'm not letting them into my... other gaming room. Actually, I don't have a gaming room. Whatever.

JCF Member

CliffyB is doing well so far

Oct 9, 2002, 02:31 PM
Nintendo was brilliant to take Link in the direction that they did. He looks like a child again, and Zelda was always the realization of Shigeru Miyamoto's childhood wanderings around the woods in Japan. Besides, the style stands on its own against Mario - the two worlds were starting to look awfully similar on the N64.

As far as the "Star Wars ripoff" comments - If you believe that then you must believe that Austin Powers and No One Lives Forever/Cate Archer are "ripping off" James Bond, no?

Cliff
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Trafton AT is doing well so far

Oct 9, 2002, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CliffyB
Nintendo was brilliant to take Link in the direction that they did. He looks like a child again, and Zelda was always the realization of Shigeru Miyamoto's childhood wanderings around the woods in Japan. Besides, the style stands on its own against Mario - the two worlds were starting to look awfully similar on the N64.

As far as the "Star Wars ripoff" comments - If you believe that then you must believe that Austin Powers and No One Lives Forever/Cate Archer are "ripping off" James Bond, no?

Cliff
Actually, No One Lives Forever was made to make fun of the James Bond movies and the general game formula that Bond games play as. As for Austin Powers, it relies more heavily on making fun of the psychadelic '70s spy shows, but does draw some of it's humor at poking fun at James Bond.

But that's off-topic, really...The point is that much of the community is unhappy with the way Jazz looks. But the truth is that, in the end of it all, while players may think it's more important now, what will really matter to the vast majoraty of Jazzers is that the new GBA game is good, not how it looks. The company that is doing it does not have a fantastic history with conversions, but could surprise it. If it's good, most will take it. If it isn't, then you won't even get the core audience, and it won't sell well at all, which no one wants.

For a low-advertised game to sell well, it has to be good. It would benefit both the liscenes and fans if this Jazz game was a well-done work.
Dark MooGoo

JCF Member

Dark MooGoo has disabled reputation

Oct 9, 2002, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CliffyB
As far as the "Star Wars ripoff" comments ...

Not so much as a "ripoff," but I think more as borrowing a little too much from ...

Don't get me wrong, in order for the game to appeal to a wider audience, for one it'd have to be more "cartoony" for the mostly younger GBA audience but also by resembling Star Wars it will be something more people can recognize. It's a good marketing strategy, yes but it's NOT JAZZ JACKRABBIT. Call it something else if you have to; don't try to build off of a name that's already there and warp it into something completely different.

If you're a Thanksgiving dinner, but you don't like the stuffing or the cranberry sauce or anything else, just pretend like you're eating it, but instead, put it all in your lap and form it into a big mushy ball. Then, later, when you're out back having cigars with the boys, let out a big fake cough and throw the ball to the ground. Then say, "Boy, these are good cigars!"
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 03:15 PM
I have received word that Jazz2Online received a somewhat threatening letter from the administrator at Game Titan. Without approval, I can not give out the full email text, but I will say here is the general idea. They claim that Jazz2Online's community is flaming the new game and Jazz2Online is supporting piracy and the use of ROMs (this is in reference to the several people who mentioned they would only get Jazz 2 for GBA on an emulator.) Secondly, they mentioned about someone claiming that unless a character redesign occured, that the JCF poster/member would "attack an American institution." It makes it sound like some member threatened a school, which I don't remember happening. They also claim they have been spammed by fans.

Most disturbing of all: I quote: "If Jazz2online continues to be a hindrance against my business(spaming/piracy), I will be forced to take steps to stop it from doing so."

This makes it sound like Game Titan is taking legal action. This was all sent when a J2O staffer asked for a simple interview. I think that Game Titan has gotten us all wrong, but are being a bit out of proportion here.

If someone did threaten a school or government agency in my opinion they were extremely wrong for doing so, but it's my humble opinion that they have gone overboard. I hope that J2O and Game Titan will be able to settle so this doesn't turn into a lawsuit.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Oct 9, 2002, 03:20 PM
Guys i know you are angry but please be calm. Think what Cliff says. He has a point in there. I buyed Jazz that i liked the gameplay, if there is anything what is the same of the gameplay like the old games. Then why should we complain. I thrust Epic. They didn't just give the "Jazz" away without any Quality check or so. Those peeps work there butt off give them atleast something to see on.

Also didn't you forget that Jazz was one big parodie on Sonic and Commander Keen.. Hey jazz was always with something in his worlds with parodies.

I geuss we should accept this and be happy that we get finally a new game. Its not the same team or same game. But accept it please.

For now I can only say.

Accept it! If Cliff Bleszinski gets his 1337 gears agian for a new jazz in the future and shouts that it gets his old style back.. Well if its even a bit near the Quality of the Unreal Series. Then why should we worry?

Come on guys Calm down and lets get back back at IT agian. Times, People and even Jazz changes.

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Oct 9, 2002 at 03:35 PM.
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 03:35 PM
Freedom of speech, I think you mean?

Anyway, I agree. I don't think that the JCF has done anything to be subject to such accusastions as in the email (which I sent Shadow.)

It would be good to have a nice relationship with Game Titan, but the reasons it gave boarder extremist. It's almost like they are trying to get us in trouble for some reason or another.

I really dobut they have any legal grounds if they choose to sue. "They said things we don't like!" and "They don't stop people from talking about doing semi-illegal things that would barely hold up in court themselves!!!" aren't really convincing arguements, but I dobut it will even come to that.

This is a question of freedom of speech, and I believe the members have full freedom to say bad things about the game. The company can not stop us from doing so. They miss the fact that we are the community. There is no "other" community that shutting this site down would stop from being subject to dobut. If they shut us down, they shut the community down. As simple as that in my opinion.

That's the third time you've edited that post, Shad, so I'll respond to the new one.

Anyway, I believe that what you say this time is as true as the last two. ;-P

We need to put more trust in the makers of the game than we are. There are people on the team that are really people who care about the game as opposed to ruthless marketers, as we have pictured them all as. If Cliffyb didn't care about the community, wouldn't he just post once as a public relations move? But he came back. Twice and counting. More faith and less dobut are in order, though Game Titan still, in my opinion, should not tell us that we can only say good things about the game. That's ridiculous.

Sorry if I sound so overdone in these posts. I have very strong feelings about this.
VeggieMan

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 03:49 PM
Hahaha. That's funny Game Titan is actually mad at us for nothing. I would love to read the letter. I think someone should post it.

Hey, If they FI><0RS JAZZ TEH JACKRABBIT then we wouldn't have this problem.

It's funny though. I would have thought that Game Titan would be more worried about Geogre Lucas taking them to court. Or even worst realessing his army of nerds upon Game Titan.

Star Wars fans are like Sand People. They scare easy but then they RETURN WITH MORE AND LEGAL PAPERS!!

Look out!

L33T
LIEK
JEFF K.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Oct 9, 2002, 03:49 PM
that i was trying to say accept it. Perhaps you don't like it. For me.. Jazz was all about GamePlay. If i remember it correctly an Interview with Arjan Brussee. JJ1 Was build for GamePlay and Speed like the Consoles did back then.

(edit)
Veggie: Lucas even can bring your StarWars fansite down if they don't like it.

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends
VeggieMan

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 03:57 PM
See. That's what I'm talking about the power they he has.
I don't have a StarWars fansite btw. The difference between a fansite and video game ripoff is that video game will be making money using StarWars ideas. So I would figure that would make Geogre Lucas pretty mad and send his army of nerds apon Game Titan.

L33T
LIEK
JEFF K.

Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 04:01 PM
I dobut that anyone will be sued here. It's likely just a threat to scare us from doing "illegal and unacceptable practicing" like saying that Jazz's bandanna missing is bad.

I dobut George Lucas will sue. If he did for every ripoff that exists, he would have to convert his production company into a lawyer group.
VeggieMan

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 04:05 PM
I would rather have a working server list then a rip off Jazz.

FI><0R IT OR FI><0R SERVERLIST!

L33T
LIEK
JEFF K.

Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VeggieMan
I would rather have a working server list then a rip off Jazz.

FI><0R IT OR FI><0R SERVERLIST!
I think that if we were to email any responsible party about this their response would be something like "you can't beat a dead horse."

Face it: the corporations want money. Jazz 2 will no longer make them money, so they don't want to support it. They may do it, but I sincerely dobut the list server will be fixed.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Oct 9, 2002, 04:18 PM
Ok, first of all, a lawsuit is very, very unlikely. Even a large team of expensive lawyers (which is unlikely since expensive lawyers ARE expensive ;P) hired by Game Titan would have difficulty comming up with a good arguement against us. I'm not an American, but I know that it is simply unconstitutional to sue someone for expressing themselves. We have free speech in Canada, and I'm know you do too. Filing a lawsuit against a fanbased website will also severely damage the public image of the company, and could result in general unsuccess of their products.

In any case, I too am a tad annoyed at the redesign, but I say just live with it. He does look different, but at least he is green. What I am more worried of is if they change the gameplay. This game is not jazz jackrabbit because of his looks, it's jazz jackrabbit because of the gameplay.

In any case, I look forward to the game.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)
VeggieMan

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 04:19 PM
I guess it doesn't matter. The broke server list was the reason I stopped playing jj2 anyways because I could no longer host a server anyone would see. Probably the reason no new players will come to jj2 anyways. Making a rip off Jazz won't bring at anything and I really doubt that from a GBA will there be enough hype for a jj3d. That's just what I think. As you can see it doesn't matter what I think because no one is going to

FI><0RS TEH JAZZ JACKRABBIT!

I think Geogre Lucas needs to see what is going on here. Maybe he will give us a working server list. Maybe he will sue forcing the Jazz RABBIT TO BE FI><0red.

L33T
LIEK
JEFF K.

Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilMike
Ok, first of all, a lawsuit is very, very unlikely. Even a large team of expensive lawyers (which is unlikely since expensive lawyers ARE expensive ;P) hired by Game Titan would have difficulty comming up with a good arguement against us. I'm not an American, but I know that it is simply unconstitutional to sue someone for expressing themselves. We have free speech in Canada, and I'm know you do too. Filing a lawsuit against a fanbased website will also severely damage the public image of the company, and could result in general unsuccess of their products. *Snip*
Wow. EvilMike's post sums up my views exactly.

What I think Game Titan is thinking:

"OK! Here we go! The kids that own this site are only 15, 16, and 17, and they don't know anything, so let's trick them into thinking we can sue them! That'll scare them into calling us God!"

Unfortunately, their idea would work if J2O's staff was stupid, but they aren't. It's plain to see we are violating no laws. Their idea that somehow they can be "exempt" from the first constitutional rule of the U.S. (free speech) is ludicrious. Once Game Titan realizes they aren't talking to a bunch of idiots, I think that we might get along.
Nadine

JCF Member

Nadine has disabled reputation

Oct 9, 2002, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
And I'm with quist also on this one..fix the listserver! :P.

I also believe that open-sourcing of jj2 would do a lot for the popularity of the game (and by extension interest in jj3/3d/GBA). Everyone loves the words "open source"--it would encourage development (bots? mods?) and LOADS of new players. Something could also be built into the game to tell n00bs to come to j2o or *something*

On that note...could you PUH-LEEZE update www.jazzjackrabbit.com?

At least say something to the effect of "go to www.jazz2online.com, because we don't support this game anymore" or ANYTHING (:

Quist is also right in saying that there needs to be some publicity of *some* kind for any upcoming JJ game, be it GBA, PC, or whatever. JJ2 got rave reviews from the critics at the time of release, as I remember (with a few exceptions), but no one heard of it (that and the SP was soo freaking easy--people would give up before getting hooked on the MP (: ).
I agree about all of this. We're not just talking about one new game, we're talking about the community, and also if you want the new game to do well you have to show that wishes of the community are supported, as long as they are reasonable.

And I don't like how this is coming along guys. I think they get the idea - we don't like the star wars look. It IS borrowing a bit too much from Star Wars, and they could have a problem with copyright infringement. I don't know who said they were going to play the warez version of the game, but I don't support piracy in the form of warez or newer games being pirated AT ALL. I also don't want to have to buy a GBA when I don't really travel that much. So what I'm planning on doing, and I hope this is okay: I will buy the game and then play the rom. That's legal right if I have bought the game? I don't want a GBA but I want that game! Believe me, I don't do criminal acts and I don't support piracy.

There's too many complaints about the new look, why can't we just appreciate that it's a new Jazz game and hopefully the gameplay will be intact? I mean, CliffyB has posted THREE TIMES and even Dean has posted. The one thing you don't want to do is show disrespect to the very people who care about Jazz enough to bring him back into action. Yes, make suggestions. Like for example I am happy about trying to give Jazz a fresh new look. Clothes kind of works. But I just don't like this particular look they have given him. But oh well, lets see what happens.

Let's support Game Titan, not complain with not enough compliments thrown in, not spam them, not threaten or vandalize schools, not support warez.

And for what it's worth, I STILL hate Link's new look. It's not that he looks like a kid, it's not that he looks cel shaded. It's that he looks like a clown or something. It has HUGE eyes, and just a generally ugly face. But for Jazz, well, it doesn't hurt to try new things, but I think we are upset that it's NOT a new thing, it's a Star Wars thing. But, let's support this game, try to be positive, and make suggestions, sure, but don't complain constantly.

We have to watch our attitude - our words. The future of Jazz probably depends on it.

Tasty.....
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 9, 2002, 05:15 PM
I now think that the "threatening institutions" mentioned was the joke about putting grafitti on schools. They did a great job of making it sound a lot worse than the joke was. That wasn't a threat in the least bit.

JCF Veteran

FreeLance is doing well so far

Oct 9, 2002, 05:35 PM
This is really pathetic. At first, I was excited about this game. I was willing to support it despite changes. But this is just pathetic. Who do these people think they are? So we don't like the game. None of us here have threatened any form of harm to the bussiness, and we have all said we'll probably buy the game anyway. Somehow I think they probably just lost their chance of most of you buying the game.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Oct 9, 2002, 06:05 PM
Haha, I vandalize school's with a catch phrase. Sue me. That would be hilarious. This should go on Judge Judy, that would make for some funny stuff.
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 9, 2002, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Trafton AT
I have received word that Jazz2Online received a somewhat threatening letter from the administrator at Game Titan. Without approval, I can not give out the full email text, but I will say here is the general idea. They claim that Jazz2Online's community is flaming the new game and Jazz2Online is supporting piracy and the use of ROMs (this is in reference to the several people who mentioned they would only get Jazz 2 for GBA on an emulator.) Secondly, they mentioned about someone claiming that unless a character redesign occured, that the JCF poster/member would "attack an American institution." It makes it sound like some member threatened a school, which I don't remember happening. They also claim they have been spammed by fans.

Most disturbing of all: I quote: "If Jazz2online continues to be a hindrance against my business(spaming/piracy), I will be forced to take steps to stop it from doing so."

This makes it sound like Game Titan is taking legal action. This was all sent when a J2O staffer asked for a simple interview. I think that Game Titan has gotten us all wrong, but are being a bit out of proportion here.

If someone did threaten a school or government agency in my opinion they were extremely wrong for doing so, but it's my humble opinion that they have gone overboard. I hope that J2O and Game Titan will be able to settle so this doesn't turn into a lawsuit.
I realise how serious that is, but I also think it's the funniest thing I've heard today. They're making a Jazz Jackrabbit (it's a green rabbit, any differences are irrelevant to this post) game, the MAIN AUDIENCE is people who like Jazz Jackrabbit (or Star Wars, true, but still), and then they threaten to sue the people who like Jazz Jackrabbit.

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Oct 9, 2002, 08:35 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I've already stated that I was slightly disappointed with Game Titan for Aero the Acrobat. I have already stated that this game might also "Borrow" from more then Starwars(example: the storm trooper turtles look like edited Koopa Troopas on close up pictures.), I have already stated that I will miss the bandana AND Spaz(if he isn't in this.) but the point remains the same:

I WILL STILL PLAY THIS GAME!!! I MAY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT AT TIMES BUT I WILL STILL PLAY IT!!!

Oh, and I happened to be one of the few people who LIKED Link's "new" look. He looks exactly the same as I imagined he did when I played LOZ for the first time... except slightly Tim-Burtan-y...

Finally, I do agree that the whole "Threaten not to make the game just because the people who are fans of the game don't like the new design" thing IS a bit of a paradox, but, as my Mom always told me while driving:
Quote:
Idiots have the right-of-way.

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.
Paul

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 02:47 AM
Sheesh---While I don't approve of Game Titan's actions (though I don't know the whole story, I'm sure) I DO really apprieciate that they're making a port/sequel for/to one of my alltime favorite games.

To Game Titan :

Thanks--but chill. User feedback is user feedback. I am very thankful for a return of Jazz BUT I am not particularily thankful for your response to user feedback.

On the other hand...

To the angry Jazzers:

If you want a perfect game--make it yourself. I think we're acting very foolishly. To wait and wait and hope for a new game and then when we finally get one to whine and complain because it's not EXACTLY what you want is juvenile, frankly. Suck it up and deal. I don't have any sympathy for you because I am for the continuation of JAZZ, not just the HEADBAND, ffs. Arjan/Shad is right--Jazz is about gameplay, not about PRESERVING EVERY TINY LITTLE FEATURE of the character. Game development (and most things in life) are about COMPROMISE. Developers must not only cater to the hardcore fans but to the prospective audience that will buy their game. It's unrealistic and absurd to pretend that the developer ought to respond to your every desire. It takes a whole load of work to make a game. If you want it perfect, as I said...try making one of your own. Just ask the Possum team about THAT!

There's nothing wrong with feedback, but this has gone beyond that into the realm of absurdity!

DEAL, FFS!

To recap : Thank you CliffyB, thank you Game Titan.

-Paul

Dark MooGoo

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
If you want it perfect, as I said...try making one of your own.
That's just it ... we CAN'T make one of our own because of liscensing fees and whatnot, at least we can't build off of the Jazz Jackrabbit name and CALL it Jazz Jackrabbit. If we can't make our own and no one is going to make one for us the RIGHT way, then sure we have to take what we can get and try to be happy with it.

As far as not getting the details exactly right, I think it's more like not getting the details remotely close. The only similarities between "Jazz Jackrabbit" for GBA and Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2 for PC is that he's green and a rabbit. Not good enough, in my opinion.

If you're a Thanksgiving dinner, but you don't like the stuffing or the cranberry sauce or anything else, just pretend like you're eating it, but instead, put it all in your lap and form it into a big mushy ball. Then, later, when you're out back having cigars with the boys, let out a big fake cough and throw the ball to the ground. Then say, "Boy, these are good cigars!"

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Oct 10, 2002, 05:11 AM
They don't have to sue us. They can just treaten our host with a lawsuit and the host will shut us down. Hosts always do, they don't really care about such things as long as they don't get sued.

The legal action would probably be taken because people are talking about piracing ROMs and because apperently some people have decided to spam Game Titan. These people mentioned that at Jazz2Online, but the site is not responsible for their actions. As you can see there's barely any legal ground except a lawsuit for the treat of spamming them if they don't change their character. But hosts don't care about a lack of legal ground, that's how far freedom of speech goes in the US.

I wouldn't worry however. I mean, they've treatened us, but they haven't taken those steps yet. We will talk it over with Game Titan and make clear that we are not responsible for the outings of users on our site, and neither for their actions. I have good hope in that we will come to a solution.

If Game Titan was really spammed by some JJ2 fans I can see why they're upset. Spamming them is just immoral.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

Dark MooGoo

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Fquist
Spamming them is just immoral.
Most of all, spamming them is downright stupid.

Feedback and opinions are one thing, spamming is dumb.

Super Saiyan

JCF Member

Super Saiyan is doing well so far

Oct 10, 2002, 05:38 AM
Who actually spammed them?

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Oct 10, 2002, 05:53 AM
Piccolo? Just kidding.

i dunno

There are Different Opinions about "Spamming"
Paul

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 07:05 AM
and--for all those screaming "free speech! free speech! we can say whatever we want to Game Titan!"

Sure you can. But allow me to let you in on a little secret about free speech.

It doesn't always help you.

For example:

If I walk up to you and say "wow, your work sucks, you suck and I can't stand everything you've done," you probably will be less than pleased. In fact--you might be disinclined to listen to me in the future (to put it lightly). It works the same way for the folks over at Game Titan. If you're abusive, angry, or spamm-ish, chances are that your feedback will be ignored in the future. And you don't really want that, do you?

So--you can say whatever you want (and this is leaving out all the GBA Emulator/ROM/Lawsuit/Blah/Blah stuff) but don't expect something you say in a way that's annoying, mean, or just plain dumb to help you now, or (especially) in the future.

Keep that in mind, eh? People don't like to be harrassed/annoyed. It helps no one (especially not you) and hurts them.

Feedback is fine-don't get me wrong. But if *I* were one of the guys at Game Titan I would be annoyed by some of the stuff being said here (and it doesn't really matter if the complaints are legit or not--), such as the repetition of FIXORS TEH JAZZ JACKRABBIT *cough* *cough* and various other things. If that's the sort of material that is being sent off to Game Titan, there's no wonder they're ****ed.

-Paul

Dark MooGoo

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 07:18 AM
I agree with you 100% that stupid taglines won't get anything done. But that's because at this stage I don't EXPECT anything to get changed. Their work on the game is almost complete so I don't expect them to change what they've already done. If I really wanted to argue with Game Titan, I'd come up with something more rational (and formal) but this is simply my way of informally showing my disappointment.

That's pretty much what it all comes down to: disappointment. I'm happy they wanted to do something positive with Jazz, I'm just not satisfied with what they've done thus far. Of course, they're not out to satisfy just me, but from what I've gathered, there's more than just one person who isn't pleased.

Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 11:27 AM
Err...FQuist's right. I forgot about the host being sued. However, if they did, they are allienating the fans, which will financially due them no good and completely destroying the community helps no one. Apparently, Game Titan doesn't realize this.

Whoever is/was spamming should stop. Nothing good will come of it. It's obvious that they wont "FIX0R TEH JAZZ JACKRABBIT!" any time soon,

JCF Veteran

FreeLance is doing well so far

Oct 10, 2002, 12:29 PM
I still plan on purchasing and enjoying the game. I'm not going to (/) (/) (-) and say I love the new Jazz, but I appreciate the time and effort put into making a game, and I look forward to playing it. If it's a good game, I'll spread the word.

Derby: Content/Context edit.

Last edited by Derby; Oct 10, 2002 at 06:26 PM.

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 12:37 PM
It's really hard to destroy this community. For example, when J2C was shut down, we went to Universe Jazz, and eventually J2o.

Anyway, if they shut down J2o, they might as well cancel JJA. We may not be adults, but video gaming is dominated by not adults, but children. Poeple talk is all I'm saying. We can help their sales, or hurt their sales.

As for the new look (for Jazz, not Zelda ), it's fine. But I like the old one better.

Don't you think we could do a little less complaining, and a little more, say, productive speculating and guessing what it might be like?

Also, we REALLY want to have a good relationship with this company. If we spam them, that tells them not to make a new Jazz game, because they'll get themselves flooded. Yes, the repetitive FIXORS TEH JAZZ JACKRABBIT really gets on my nerves.

If we send thoughtful messages that actually make sense and don't overload them, we might actually get some quality new games (not that we don't have them already.)

It's not like companies everywhere want to make the sequel to the game that lost money. Think about it. GOD Games, the American distributor went bankrupt. Project 2, the European distributor went bankrupt. When Jazz Jackrabbit was announced for Game Boy originally, it was never done. TSF was never released in America. Jazz3d was cancelled. Vesion 1.25 of JJ2 never happened. The Epic listserver is dead. We must take advantage of this chance and help our new game gain popularity.

True, they don't have the old team doing the stuff. It might not look like Jazz. But this is the Game Titan Jazz, not the Nick Jazz. Maybe, if they understand what we mean, future releases might bring back the old look.

We've only seen screenshots. You never know, they might change the look slightly before the release. Anger at the fans of JJ2 will not make them care about the series much anymore.

So I beg you not to lower our chances of a new JJ game. They are already low enough.

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Oct 10, 2002, 04:31 PM
I am against repetitively flaming the game and creators- we should be grateful, but sheesh. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH STATING AN OPINION AND THEY CAN'T HOLD IT AGAINST US! To me it looks like they wanted to make a cheap game that might sell a little, so they went to search for a cheap liscence. They found Jazz Jackrabbit, and slapped his name on to their green bunny game. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like much effort was put into this game. But I pray that I am wrong, that we could get a new great game that would continue the tradition of Jazz. Let's face it, with JJ3 cancelled, no new patches, etc, Jazz is at the end of his life. We need something like this. However, if Game Titan expects me to go about praising everything about it, then they are more foolish than I thought. But people, try not to pass judgement before even seeing the game!

AJ2f

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 05:55 PM
I agree with you, AJ2F.

However, ROMs are illegal, I guess the actual offendors (not J2o, or people who talk about it) could be sued minorly. But, since I don't think anyone has yet, talking is okay.

Also, we're allowed to say bad things about it.

JCF Member

Oct 10, 2002, 07:44 PM
OK, here's the legal problem:

There is no way that Jazz2Online could successfuly be sued. Period. It's just not going to happen. The trouble is how web hosts handle lawsuits.

The thing is that when web hosts receive law suit threats, they automatically drop the site because they hate lawsuits. They don't really care about the reason. When threatened with a lawsuit, they usually cut off the site. And that's what the big danger is. We'll see how the atmosphere turns out, but I pledge my alliegence to this web site and will do anything in my power to keep it alive.

JCF member

Krezack has disabled reputation

Oct 10, 2002, 10:29 PM
Whoa, stop your winging. Jazz is dead, get over it. You bite Clifferey's head off because he tells you he has revived some parts of Jazz? *cough* losers *cough*

What's with this whole lawsuit thing? Clifferey Bee, have you been trying to sue J2O?

EDIT: All of this message is a joke, bar paragraph 1.
"Are we not threatened with a flood of information? And is this not the monstrousness of it: that it crushes beauty by means of beauty, and annihilates truth by means of truth? For the sound of a million Shakespeares would produce the very same furious din and hubbub as the sound of a herd of prairie buffalo or sea billows."
—Stanisław Lem, Imaginary Magnitude (1973)

Last edited by Krezack; Oct 10, 2002 at 11:02 PM.