Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

ToU Part 3! Come join in before it becomes 40 pages!

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 03:54 PM
Save, then check what's in each room.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 03:57 PM
Compass directions kthx. D=
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Dec 29, 2005, 04:53 PM
S

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 05:25 PM
I quietly creapt South down the hallway. To the East was the second bedroom, and further South was the Save Point.

JCF Member

MSB3000 is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 05:35 PM
S, save. N, and quietly bang on the door.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 07:11 PM
How do you quietly bang on a door? D=

I wandered into the Save Point/bathroom. It was a fairly nice Save Point, much better than the last two we had saved at. The stalls were nice and clean, and little glass dishes of potpourri sat next to the soap dispensers above the marble sinks. I strode across the white tile floor, entered a stall, and saved. Just for the record, I really needed to save... badly.
After saving I washed my hands and returned to the hallway. It was very dark and quiet at the moment, likely due to everyone sleeping. I quietly BANGED on the door nearest to me.
"Who is it?!" I heard Araches shout from inside. "If it's you again, Uberbob, I swear I'll burn you so badly that even Fawriel and the canoe combined won't be able to bring you back!"

JCF Member

UNKNOWNFILE is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 07:17 PM
Tell Araches to shut up, wait a few seconds, then go north.

PS: Unreal > JJ2.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 07:29 PM
"Shut up, Araches!" I shouted back.
"Fawriel?" she replied. "Oh, sorry Faw." I started to walk back North when she opened the door and told me, "This is the girls' room, the guys sleep down there." She pointed to the first bedroom door, then went back inside. I heard the girls giggling about something, or rather I heard L33tz4n giggle, Araches laugh, and Shuri say, "You're both idiots. Stay on topic."
I went North and stood at the entrance to the boys' bedroom. Araches, Shuri and L33tz4n were sleeping just down the hallway, and I was bunking with Uberbob, Fooruman and his canoe. It seemed like I had gotten the short end of the stick on this deal.

Banned

Dec 29, 2005, 08:04 PM
Go south and ask Araches what exactly Uberbob had been doing. After this, go north.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 08:10 PM
I walked back South and knocked on the door once again. "What exactly was Uberbob doing?" I asked.
"He wanted to know if he could sleep in our room tonight," she said in a strangely aggravated tone. "Now go to bed, Faw! We're tired!"
I could faintly hear little L33tz4n whispering something inside. Araches burst out laughing again, while Shuriken remained silent.
I walked back North and, once again, stood in front of the door. It seemed perfectly quiet inside. Strange, considering that Uberbob was there.

Banned

Dec 29, 2005, 09:06 PM
Knock on the door.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 29, 2005, 10:09 PM
I knocked on the door. There was no response. Huh.

Banned

Dec 29, 2005, 10:18 PM
Walk in.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 01:30 AM
They're just asleep. Go E instead.

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Dec 30, 2005, 05:55 AM
yeh E
n00b

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 06:57 AM
Walk in

Banned

Dec 30, 2005, 08:14 AM
East = Boy's room. Good job morans.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 30, 2005, 08:31 AM
Going West and South would lead us to the mansion's entrance, right?

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 09:30 AM
@Cooba: West and South leads to the Foyer. One more South is outside.

I slowly turned the doorknob and went East into the bedroom. No sooner had I walked in when I was met with a large flying pillow. It hit me in the face and fell to the ground.
"HA!" exclaimed Uberbob, sitting on a bed in the direction the pillow had come from. "You should have seen your face! It was like, 'Omigawd, it's a pillow!'"
"Yes, that was very clever, Uberbob," I said as I closed the door behind me. The bedroom was a long, rectangular chamber with four beds, and was lit by two candles set on a nightstand in the center. Uberbob had apparently claimed the first bed for his own. After glancing around I noticed that Fooruman was on the floor sleeping in his canoe. A single pillow propped up his head as he dreamed of whatever it is senile old men dream of.

JCF Member

Dec 30, 2005, 09:37 AM
Take the pillow and throw it with all your might back at Uberbob, but "accidently" hit the candles.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 30, 2005, 09:44 AM
West, West, South, examine the wall Fooruman licked.
n00b

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 09:45 AM
I agree with Cooba.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 10:08 AM
I considered throwing the pillow back at Uberbob, but I didn't want to sink to his level. Also it could have been dangerous, with candles around and all.
I left the bedroom, went back down the stairs and walked through the dining room into the foyer. I stepped past the chairs and table to examine the wall Fooruman had licked earlier. It looked to be made of stone, but it was a bit discolored compared to the other stone walls in the house. A mask with fiery eyes hung on the wall, as a decoration I guess. The mask almost looked as though it were staring at me with those eerie, angry eyes.

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 10:09 AM
It can't be made of stone if didn't taste of stone. D=

Take the mask from the wall. Hit the wall with your spear or something.

JCF Member

Dec 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
BUT FIRST poke the eyes with the spear.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 10:21 AM
I attempted to take the mask from the wall, but it wouldn't budge. It might have actually been a part of the wall considering how strongly they were bound to each other. I struck the mask's eye with my spear. The wall shook violently, then lashed foward and knocked me on my behind. It hurt as much as I expected getting rammed by a large wall would.
Stubborn mule that I was, I then struck the wall itself with my spear. It stood mostly firm, but pulsated a bit, almost like living flesh.

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 10:29 AM
=O South, East, East, wake up everybody and tell them to come downstairs.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 11:06 AM
I went back upstairs and banged on everyone's doors. They all came out into the hallway, wielding their weapons either for combat or to kill me for disturbing their sleep.
"You have to come downstairs!" I exclaimed. "There's a living wall down there!"
"Did the wall do anything evil?" Uberbob asked.
"It attacked me," I announced. "But... after I stabbed it in the eye."
"Ah...ha," said Uberbob. "Fawriel, leave the poor wall alone. What did it ever do to you?" With that, he and the others returned to the their rooms. I felt bad for attacking a defenseless wall, but even worse for being shown logic by Uberbob.

Last edited by Dev; Dec 30, 2005 at 03:54 PM. Reason: correct my Southern grammar

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 11:17 AM
"Well, don't you think this all is quite suspicious? First those birdmen appear to know more about us than they seemed to, and then there's an alive wall in the foyer for one reason or another."

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Dec 30, 2005, 01:56 PM
That should be "bad", not "badly", unless Fawriel was having a difficult time feeling.

JCF Member

Dec 30, 2005, 02:17 PM
Make sure to dress properly for the party.

Pageclaim in the name of Marvin.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 03:42 PM
"Well, don't you think this all is quite suspicious?" I shouted at the door. "First those birdmen appear to know more about us than they seemed to, and then there's an alive wall in the foyer for one reason or another."
"The FooCanoe says your grammar hurts his brain!" Fooruman shouted.
"Come in and go to bed," Uberbob called out. "We'll see them again in the morning. They couldn't possibly be dangerous, Faw. They're English."

n00b

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 03:44 PM
S and lick the 'living' wall, then lick a normal stone wall to see if theres a difference.

Last edited by n00b; Dec 30, 2005 at 04:05 PM.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 03:50 PM
Cardinal directions. D= And Faw wouldn't lick a wall. You can make Uberbob do anything, usually, but the other characters won't obey "the voices" without questioning them. What would it accomplish, anyway? You know the wall is alive already, and licking it probably wouldn't make it like you much more than stabbing it did.
n00b

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 04:05 PM
Well if you could figure out what it tasted like, it could provide a clue as to what that wall really was or something.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 04:09 PM
Risp_old
This message has been deleted by Risp_old. Reason: Misread what you said

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 04:13 PM
Alright. Gimme the RIGHT cardinal directions and I'll make Faw lick the freaking wall.
n00b

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 04:16 PM
Heh, W,S. Sorry about that.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 04:23 PM
I wandered West and South, then faced the strange stone wall. In my sleepless, dillusional state, it somehow seemed like a good idea to give the wall a nice, long lick. I did so. The wall didn't taste like much of anything, really, though just a tiny bit salty. I then turned and licked a normal wall. It tasted of STONE. Ironically, I felt a bit stoned to be going around licking walls in the middle of the night.

n00b

JCF Veteran

Dec 30, 2005, 04:28 PM
South, East, East, go to sleep.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2005, 05:10 PM
*NORTH, East, East ;b

'Maybe this brief flicker of insanity is the result of not sleeping enough,' I thought to myself. 'Time to hit the hay.'
I trudged back upstairs into the bedroom. Uberbob was in his bed, and Fooruman was fast asleep in the canoe. I assumed the canoe was also asleep. I climbed into the bed next to Uberbob's, fluffed up my pillow and attempted to go to sleep.
"You aren't sleeping nude, are you?" I heard Uberbob ask.
"No," I replied.
"Okay. Goodnight, Faw."
"Goodnight Uberbob."
-------------------------------------------

"...Faw..."
I rolled over in bed. "Huhwhat?" I muttered, still half-asleep.
"Faw, get up."
I sat up in bed and saw L33tz4n standing at the foot of my bed. Her eyes gave off a faint glow in the darkness.
"What are you doing here?" was my immediate response.
"I'll explain in a bit," she whispered. "Get up and follow me."
I disdainfully complied, though I was still very tired. The two of us quietly left the room and entered the hallway. Light from the open Save Point door illuminated the area just enough to make out her features. She looked very troubled.
"What are we-?"
"Just come on," she interreupted, grabbing my arm and leading me Southward towards the Save Point. She slithered into the bathroom, when I suddenly drew back my arm.
"Whoa, why are we going in there?" I asked, very confused by this point.
"You'll see soon enough," was her response. I gulped. She went inside on her own, while I stood in the hallway not sure of what to do next.
'I'll see... soon enough?' The words echoed in my brain. Surely L33tz4n didn't want... I mean... what had she been giggling about before anyway? L33tz4n and I were such good friends; we'd both been following around Uberbob ever since the Snufuss incident. She had always seemed to like Uberbob the most... but then again, Uberbob had been treating her rather badly lately. Maybe she had decided to come over to the Fawside after all...