Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

National Tourney... ?

View Poll Results: What do you think about the idea for a "National Cup"?
It's a good (or considerable) idea 33 84.62%
It's a bad (or doomed) idea 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

SkulL

JCF Member

SkulL is doing well so far

Dec 23, 2006, 05:26 AM
Count me in if R3p and Avk are in too..

JCF Member

Sucer is doing well so far

Dec 23, 2006, 06:17 AM
AvK hasn't played in a looong time so I don't think he's in. R3p could play tough:P

And Finland's team is unfairely decided. It's not the best team and it SHOULD NOT (-) BE DECIDED BY ONE PLAYER WHO ISN*T EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BE IN FINLAND*S TEAM!
That's my opinion. I'm not playing on a team that's decided by Finland's maybe sixth best 3vs3 player who puts himself in the team and thinks is better than me.

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Dec 23, 2006, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucer
AvK hasn't played in a looong time so I don't think he's in. R3p could play tough:P

And Finland's team is unfairely decided. It's not the best team and it SHOULD NOT (-) BE DECIDED BY ONE PLAYER WHO ISN*T EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BE IN FINLAND*S TEAM!
That's my opinion. I'm not playing on a team that's decided by Finland's maybe sixth best 3vs3 player who puts himself in the team and thinks is better than me.

Neither it should be decided by an arrogant player who overrates himself and his brother.
Either SJ or Snooze should decide.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 07:28 AM
Quickz
This message has been deleted by Quickz. Reason: Nvm :lol:

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Dec 23, 2006, 10:40 AM
Quote:

Shut up already, our team is fine. If you whine about the team just one more time then you'll be out indefinately.

People shouldn't leave the tourney for minimal reasons, after all this tourney is organised for fun, not any dead-serious competition...
Sucer

JCF Member

Dec 23, 2006, 11:17 AM
But the team should be also chosen by fair criteria and not by one single player who overrates himself. And Veg don't you dare say I overrate myself. I actually don't do so... if you have anything to say about my skill then say it directly. I believe I am more skilled in 3vs3 than Emperor and that is not overrating my own skill in any way.

JCF Member

Dec 23, 2006, 11:42 AM
Looks like you do overrate your brother for sure.

JCF Member

Dec 23, 2006, 12:39 PM
Sucer, you seem to only care about people's skill, not experience, personality and other attributes that matter too.
Also, each and every online game is affected by lag, so you shouldn't compare yourself to someone, simply because you usually win against em'.

As per that, your pc lags like hell, like today in that 3v3 that u hosted. Everyone was warping around, lagging and I live just two, three kilometres from where you do...

You should indefinately shut up about your own skill and let the rest of the community rate how you play.

I can't deny that you're skillful, but I can deny that you could overrate and underrate more experienced players...

Now; I'd like to have you all talk on-topic from now on, since this is no brag thread.

And to start talking on topic... I'll tell for the very last and final time, that there's only one team playing for Finland, and that is:

-SJ
-Snooze
-St. Louis
-Sucer

End of story.
Vegito

JCF Member

Dec 23, 2006, 03:47 PM
Rather discuss it on MSN.
Because now you as well seem to "rate" yourself as a skillfull and experienced player.
I like this thread really much

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2006, 02:06 AM
Emp you are not a bad player either. I might be more skillfull than you are, but you have other skillz like experience, the need to do something beautiful and the joy of playing which will sure contribute something to Finland's team.
I'm sure ChaosLord could bring his own contributions to the team too. He is maybe more skillfull than you are, but we have enough skilled players already and we need some nice teamplayers who know how to own people. Emp proved himself yeasterday by beating me, snz and mave with sj and sasik from 0-4 loss position, 5-4. He hosted, but still he showed the ability to pwn people.

I'm not overrating ChaosLord in any way if I say that me and him can beat SJ and Snooze. It's a simple fact. Still I think Viv is better than me. I'm not sure about Snooze's skill, he's been out of shape lately.

I think it SHOULD be a 3vs3 tourney couse 4vs4 is much harder to arrange.

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2006, 02:23 AM
It will be 3v3 if 4v4 won't succeed, but I won't give up on that too easily.

Also, Hatebreed>ChaosLord so feel free to shove that subject.

Merry Xmas.
snzspeed

JCF Member

snzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legendsnzspeed is a forum legend

Dec 24, 2006, 03:19 AM
well, if this tourney gets organised, i will train myself back to shape for sure

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2006, 04:37 AM
It will be, eventually.
Dunno in what manner though.
Vegito

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2006, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Emp you are not a bad player either. I might be more skillfull than you are, but you have other skillz like experience, the need to do something beautiful and the joy of playing which will sure contribute something to Finland's team.
I'm sure ChaosLord could bring his own contributions to the team too. He is maybe more skillfull than you are, but we have enough skilled players already and we need some nice teamplayers who know how to own people. Emp proved himself yeasterday by beating me, snz and mave with sj and sasik from 0-4 loss position, 5-4. He hosted, but still he showed the ability to pwn people.

I'm not overrating ChaosLord in any way if I say that me and him can beat SJ and Snooze. It's a simple fact. Still I think Viv is better than me. I'm not sure about Snooze's skill, he's been out of shape lately.

I think it SHOULD be a 3vs3 tourney couse 4vs4 is much harder to arrange.

Hmm..
I think Viv already is a good teamplayer.
He's all you need for a good team I guess.
(Or sign up Chaoslord as well, and see who plays in what level?)

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2006, 07:02 AM
Yes, as two backup players are allowed per country, you can slightly change the team formation between games (Note! Not rounds.)
Vegito

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2006, 01:19 PM
well then, problem solved? ^^;

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2006, 01:59 PM
Does that increase the chances of having you play some games? =p
Vegito

JCF Member

Dec 24, 2006, 02:04 PM
it decreases it even
Now Quickz can join the cup too x)

JCF Member

Dec 25, 2006, 06:02 AM
But you will play some, won't ya?
Vegito

JCF Member

Dec 25, 2006, 12:07 PM
No, I wont.
Count me out for this tournament.
All the 3v3's I played this weekend were too lagged to ever play on.
The best round ended up with 10 3hk's "only" ..
I am just not a player like this anymore.
I'll let this thread rest.
Cya.

JCF Member

Dec 25, 2006, 12:23 PM
I hate it when 3hk's spoil games. But Veg maybe you should train in shape again and become so good that you don't have to worry about 3hk's couse you NEVER GET HIT:P

JCF Member

Dec 25, 2006, 01:05 PM
Sucer, lets talk on MSN sooner or later.
I'll explain something. You might understand me.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Dec 25, 2006, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace
Yes, as two backup players are allowed per country, you can slightly change the team formation between games (Note! Not rounds.)
stop making rules that are likely to generate forfeits and a failed tournament

JCF Member

Dec 25, 2006, 04:09 PM
Bah!!!! =(
Sucer

JCF Member

Dec 26, 2006, 12:48 AM
Well, I think that was a good rule which Wallace pointed out. In case for example I can't play, ChasLord can replace me. That just makes it more likely that the game will be played and it's easier to find a date which fits both teams. If For example Israel has only three players. Then they can only play on 5.1 when me and Emperor can't. Then ChaosLord can come and play with Snooze ans SJ so the game can be played afterall. (Btw. This also counts as modifying the team as me and Emp could fake a reason not to be able to play:P)

So... I vote for a 3vs3 tourney because I'm quite it's much easier for countries like Sweden, Poland and Israel who's active players have "died" long ago. The sign upping can still happen as 4 players per team and a backup.

For the mappool I vote than each country picks two levels which Wallace will check to be cool and if Wallace accepts those levels, they will be added into the mappool. When a country playes againts another one, both will pick one level, so there will be two rounds.

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Dec 26, 2006, 09:42 AM
Quote:
So... I vote for a 3vs3 tourney because I'm quite it's much easier for countries like Sweden, Poland and Israel who's active players have "died" long ago. The sign upping can still happen as 4 players per team and a backup.
I'm wondering how could one post so much crap in his post...

First of all, how could players have stopped playing long ago and still be active?

You've mentioned Sweden first, as if it's ever had more than one, maybe two players, and then you're comparing it to Poland and Israel, where JJ2 is a lot more popular than in Finland and even The Netherlands (can be proven by Google Trends), and could even form a decent 5 player team.

On a side note, I do not wish to participate without both Skull and AvK, but just so you know, we would kick every nation's (-) pretty easily, with Netherlands as a possible exception (in case Vegito plays, which is not very likely).

Conclusion: Next time think before you type (-) and make fun of yourself.
snzspeed

JCF Member

Dec 26, 2006, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep
However, I do not wish to participate without both Skull and AvK, but just so you know, we would kick every nation's (-) pretty easily, with Netherlands as a possible exception (in case Vegito plays, which is not very likely).
what about usa?

JCF Member

Dec 26, 2006, 10:56 AM
USA doesn't seem to play.
And don't get me wrong, but don't underestimate Snooze, SuperJazz and Sucer, espescially if they team up.

JCF Member

DarkSonic is doing well so far

Dec 26, 2006, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep
On a side note, I do not wish to participate without both Skull and AvK, but just so you know, we would kick every nation's (-) pretty easily, with Netherlands as a possible exception (in case Vegito plays, which is not very likely).
So.. still the same as the old days. I don't know how good you think you are, but let's say that Finland's team is stronger than you think. And then the Dutch team.. it seems I have to play for them or something? And those Google things don't say everything, because I don't know many Czech players. Sure, Israel might be one of the best, but you don't win against every country without trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Jarno View Post
What is Distopia

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Dec 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
They won't even beat Sweden. OLsen's true skills are a well kept secret

JCF Member

Dec 27, 2006, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep
Ok. Well, I might have used too artistic language which you obviously slightly misunderstood. First of all the fact is that Sweden HAS SIGNED UP and Israel not, so I have the privilige to mention it before Israel. Nevertheless if Israel participates with R3p, Skull, AvK it would be awesome as team Finland would get some challenge.

Netherlands possibly no longer match Finland even if Vegito plays. He is quite rusty and now he left jj2 I'm so sad. His last game in jj2 was anything but a triumph to his skill.
When Veg was on fire he was the best player available. He went around in Semi using RF to make his movement faster. I've seen no player after him do it.

Emperor I volunteer to help you organizing this tournament!

JCF Member

Dec 27, 2006, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Ok. Well, I might have used too artistic language which you obviously slightly misunderstood. First of all the fact is that Sweden HAS SIGNED UP and Israel not, so I have the privilige to mention it before Israel. Nevertheless if Israel participates with R3p, Skull, AvK it would be awesome as team Finland would get some challenge.

Netherlands possibly no longer match Finland even if Vegito plays. He is quite rusty and now he left jj2 I'm so sad. His last game in jj2 was anything but a triumph to his skill.
When Veg was on fire he was the best player available. He went around in Semi using RF to make his movement faster. I've seen no player after him do it.

Emperor I volunteer to help you organizing this tournament!
you are my hero. just thought i'll share that.

JCF Member

Camou should make better posts

Dec 27, 2006, 01:47 AM
Quote:
He is quite rusty and now he left jj2
I don't think so ;o
Anubis

JCF Member

Anubis is doing well so far

Dec 27, 2006, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camou
I don't think so ;o
He did :S
Camou

JCF Member

Camou should make better posts

Dec 27, 2006, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
He did :S
I mean at the Quite rusty.
R3ptile

Banned

Dec 27, 2006, 03:17 AM
Quote:
He went around in Semi using RF to make his movement faster. I've seen no player after him do it.
You mean RF jumping? Heck I do it all the time, not only in Semi. Nothing special.

So yeah, Veg is a skilled player, especially when it comes to team games, but he is not as brilliant as the 1st label players in this game. Chill out, man. It's just a bunny game. There's no point to suddenly come up with so many superlatives.(PA)

Remember my first post in this thread? "this is two years late"; means that the only team that can challenge, and know what? even defeat us Israeli's has already faded away from the game couple of years ago. Now all dutchies and fins who've popped out of nowhere with their angry replies can go back into their holes.

[Personal attack edit - FQuist]

Last edited by FQuist; Dec 27, 2006 at 06:00 AM.
Vegito

JCF Member

Dec 27, 2006, 03:27 AM
O.O Can you shut up about me lol.

@ Camou, I am/was quite rusty. I didn't play JJ2 for 5 months until 2 days before the clanwar.
That was a bit of a short notice really ;P
And preferbly not rate me
@ r3p, I can say something which nobody can though. I won 4 tournaments. So I have no idea how "brilliant" players didn't beat me there. If I am not 1 of them, they could have easily beaten me, couldn't they?

Banned

Dec 27, 2006, 04:05 AM
(-), I feel sorry for posting here in the first place even.

Just stop the pointless arguments and go back on topic (or if you want to keep arguing, I don't mind, but let's take it elsewhere, say, IRC?).
Sucer

JCF Member

Dec 27, 2006, 08:57 AM
R3p you trust on your team too much. Meanwhile you Israelian people grow weaker new jj2 talents have rised from countries like Finland and the Netherlands.

At the moment I hope that Israel could get AvK to play again so Finland would get some challenge. Finland is quite strong, and so is Poland.

Banned

Dec 27, 2006, 09:23 AM
New talents from the Netherlands? ..I can't even mention one new player in their team.

Poland, Finland, Belgium, they're all active and as equally good.

The correct spelling is Israeli, not Israelian..
snzspeed

JCF Member

Dec 27, 2006, 10:36 AM
sucer, stop posting stuff like that. :/