Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

story info.. ahum

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Nov 4, 2002, 02:21 PM
story info.. ahum

Ive asked what a prince is going to do at a task force lik erm RABT.. this came out..
yay..

I quote:

Quote:
His relationship with princess Eva LongEar fell to pieces during the galactic conquests. They are since divorced. About that time is when RABT had to be formed. Most of the disenchanted leaders from far reaching galaxies joined. This story takes place when Jazz is actually on his last assignment in RABT. Jazz has a new love interest now, all of this is explained in the game.
A wel this is always better then Project's 2 story with TSF..

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Nov 4, 2002 at 03:00 PM.
||Slim

JCF Member

||Slim has disabled reputation

Nov 4, 2002, 02:25 PM
our future is relying on a company that uses EZBOARD?

anyway.. it looks like eva is out of the picture.

JCF Member

Cobra has disabled reputation

Nov 4, 2002, 02:29 PM
They call this a plot?

Curses. I liked Eva.

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Nov 4, 2002, 02:37 PM
This is not the Jazz I know. The plot line isn't funny, and it's not really original. I'm frankly disappointed. Read my post there for more.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 4, 2002, 03:03 PM
Couldn't they just name the character Chad, make him purple, and make an entirely new game?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Nov 4, 2002, 03:17 PM
Couple of points:

Number one is, they got Eva's last name wrong. (It's Earlong not Longear). Number 2 is that THEY'RE DESTROYING EVERYTHING THAT MADE JAZZ JAZZ! Spaz is now an NPC, Lori is nowhere to be found, Devan is replaced by a Dark Vader wannabe, Diamondous/Tubelectric/Medivo are gone, and worst of all, Jazz looks like a Han Solo ripoff. I say this is not a Jazz game, but a Star Wars ripoff with a similar name to Jazz. WHY, CLIFFY, WHY?!

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Nov 4, 2002, 03:21 PM

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Nov 4, 2002, 04:02 PM
What Canadian said.

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Nov 4, 2002, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowGPW
(IMG)
I agree with Shadow's cartoon. We really need to wait until the game comes out to judge it. This is a recording: gameplay is more important than plot, gameplay is more important than plot, gameplay is more important than plot...

DerbyTraftonShadoW: image removal edit. Trafton Edit

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Nov 4, 2002 at 11:49 PM.

JCF Member

Haze is doing well so far

Nov 5, 2002, 12:19 AM
Gameplay maybe important, but they've really spun the storyline around. I personally prefer they way Noogy's continuation went as opposed to GameTitan's.
However this doesn't mean it'll be a bad game, I might even get to like it. Though it's definately not the good ol' Jazz we know and love.

*wish they'd consulted the community before starting development*

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Nov 5, 2002, 12:47 AM
Gametitan is starting to aggravate me. I first heard of a new game, my reaction was 'woohoo!'. Then I saw what it was looking like and started getting rumpy. The videos made me regain some faith but that storyline...ughughughughUGH.
~SPLASH~

JCF Member

~SPLASH~ is doing well so far

Nov 5, 2002, 06:02 AM
And today, I will present to you, a new plot!

This Jazz is not Jazz, it is Jazz in an alternate dimension

Ok, that's not true, but it really helps us out here. That way we keep our beloved Jazz and a new flashy game that made no sense before

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Nov 5, 2002, 06:18 AM
Of course, Jazz defeats Devan shell twice so that he can marry Eva and settle down, and then decides to divorce the princess of Carrotus and deny becoming the king of the entire planet so that he can join a small army force to battle a new turtle and his minions. Why in the name of everything holy would he do that? It doesn't make any sense. Why get rid of Eva? o[stj:LWK$5j2[kt;lsKJgw4l;j5ioprjago;kerjkgl.
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 5, 2002, 06:21 AM
So actually a company that doesn't understand what kind of character Jazz actually is and that doesn't even know the last name of Jazz's wife is going to make a new game. Way to go.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Nov 5, 2002, 08:23 AM
One word:
[censored]
WHY THE *BEEP* DID THEY DO THIS?
I SO LOVED THE IDEA OF PLAYING EVA IN THA GAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!
KILLING EVIL GUYS WITH A LADY,EVEN A ROYAL ONE!!!!!!!!!!
SHE'D PROLLY HAVE BEEN ONEA THOSE MEGA_GIRLS WHO KICK MUSCLE-PACKED BADDIES' BUTTS IN FUNNY ACTION MOVIES!!!!!!
*cries on*

JCF member

Chiyu has disabled reputation

Nov 5, 2002, 11:27 AM
Mwa, I never cared much about JJ's storyline. But I dislike the fact that Spaz isn't playable anymore. I won't buy this I think. :P

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Nov 5, 2002, 12:05 PM
There's only one thing I'd like to call this.

LAME

This is like continueing some fairy tale. "And then snowwhite divorced the prince to join the dwarf army"...

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 5, 2002, 12:45 PM
Lol, Newspaz.

Wait until you see Jazz's new love interest dressed in white with carrot cakes on her ears..

Retired administrator

Captain Spam has disabled reputation

Nov 5, 2002, 01:19 PM
They've gotten rid of Eva, now? Oi... that is greatly disturbing. She was most of the reason Jazz was doing everything in the first place... I wonder who Jazz is in love with now...

I just sure hope they know what they're doing with this game... I sure hope it FEELS like a Jazz Jackrabbit game when I play it. They're changing an awful lot of the story mechanics now, I'm hoping they don't trash the gameplay mechanics...

The Dementia of Magic
... Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.

Super Moderator

Nov 5, 2002, 02:40 PM
lol newspaz.. going to quote that one

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Nov 5, 2002, 04:06 PM
Angry HULK MAD!!! HULK SMASH!!!

Que Passa!!!!

WHAAAAAAT?!?!? JAZZ AND EVA???? MARRAGE IN SHAMBLES???

(Wimpers) In addition to the Spaz NPC, this practically destroys all that my War tavern stories are based on...

It really seems like these guys are going all out to tick us off.

Ok, its official: I'm mad as heck at Game Titan, and the only time I would buy their game now is if I found it in the barguin bin. They've lost the guy who said repeatedly "It's still Jazz, so I'll buy it." I'm sorry: I had been the one who always said to never judge a game before it comes out, and I never wanted to seem like a hypocrite. I should have never read this thread and snuffed the last sparkle of hope for myself.

It's just not Jazz for me anymore.../\/\

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

Last edited by Batty Buddy; Nov 5, 2002 at 04:23 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2002, 09:19 PM
ElectroPiZZa
This message has been deleted by ElectroPiZZa.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 6, 2002, 03:27 AM
Yeah, they don't like any games that aren't starwars ripoffs =P.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Nov 6, 2002, 07:01 AM
The new Jazz is just a star wars ripoff, the only thing there's the same from the old to the new is the name IHMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 6, 2002, 11:39 AM
Maybe they're testing their theory that we Jazz fans knew along that it is Gameplay that makes or breaks a game.

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Nov 6, 2002, 11:55 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Maybe, but the way their going at it is like trying to put a 90 degree in a waterfall and make it fall to the side:

Its still a waterfall, and its still running, so all the important stuff is still there... but it STILL gives you an odd feeling when you look at it...

[Edit]Oh, and I had forgotten to talk about Piccolo's post: I too was one of the Make Eva Playable people- I had even come up with some cool moves for her- AND a DEATH animation. I like Eva, and I'm going to be sad to see her go.

Almost as sad as when Warner Bros replace Honey Bunny(Bugs Bunny's true girlfreind.) with Lola Bunny(HATE THAT RABBIT CHICK!!!!!!)

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

Last edited by Batty Buddy; Nov 6, 2002 at 01:01 PM.
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Nov 6, 2002, 12:24 PM
If the game PLAYS good, I'll like it. I mean, SW ripoff or no SW ripoff, my insane loyalty to Jazz will pressure me to try the game. But, even if it does play good, I STILL won't consider it true Jazz.

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Nov 6, 2002, 05:05 PM
OK, it's enough that they messed with Jazz's look! NOW THEY'VE GONE AND TORE THE STORY TO PIECES! So it really ISN'T Jazz after all! He looks different, acts different, has a different story, different gun, different bad guy. Similarities? None - oh yeah, he's a green bunny fighting turtles. I think that's it. Oh, and a few stolen borrowed tilesets from Jazz 2. BAH!

AJ2f

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 7, 2002, 03:45 AM
I'll supply pickett signs.

Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Nov 7, 2002, 06:15 PM
FIXORS TEH EVA!!

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!
defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Nov 7, 2002, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Another Jazz 2 fan
FIXORS TEH EVA!!
Darn straight! Spaztic, DarkMooGoo, start cranking out pics!

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 8, 2002, 03:43 AM
http://www.foxmage.com/Picket.gif

*big words in 3-year-old style writing*
Come on kids! Tape this fun sticker to your pickett signs, then grab those torches and pitchforks and protest! It'll be fun! *trigger happy music*

Sun Fun Dude

JCF Member

Sun Fun Dude has disabled reputation

Nov 17, 2002, 03:21 PM
Why break up Jazz and Eva. They were perfect together. Have you seen how crazy Eva is about Jazz?