Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Is there a way to "choose" episodes???

Drahcir

JCF Member

Drahcir is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2003, 04:08 PM
Question Is there a way to "choose" episodes???

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have 2 little questions:

1- Is there a way to choose the episode you want to play instead of having to complete each episode in order??? ...a cheat (other than skip level)..a file with the info of all the episodes completed...or something???

I use to play JJ2 a lot but I just reinstall it for my kid and I would like to play the episodes I want went I want....

Any solution???

2- Is there a way to install/unistall user-made levels easily??? I mean, if I copy all the files into the JJ2 directory and after trying I don't like the levels .... do I have to "remember" all the files I install each time in order to delete them manually? When you install several user-made levels it could become pretty crowdy and messy after a while no?

Thanks folks!!!

Drahcir

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 23, 2003, 04:15 PM
Actually as far as I know, using the skip level cheat to skip through the whole game is the only way to unlock all the episodes. And sadly, there is no way to "easily" get rid of usermade levels... however, if you arrange the icons by date in a filemanager program, you can just delete the levels that have a later date then the premade ones... just be careful not to delete any you made =P.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Trafton

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Jan 23, 2003, 04:25 PM
The easiest way is to open the level in JCS and then run it.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2003, 05:04 PM
Once you have completed an episode, you can play it any time you like. If you can not be bothered to play them all, open episode 1, and type the letters jjnxt on the keyboard repeatedly. Eventually, all the episodes will be unlocked.

As for the other question, just remember what you opened.

JCF Member

Haze is doing well so far

Jan 25, 2003, 04:43 AM
As said you'll have to "skip level"-cheat through all the episodes in order to unlock them.

*slip of the tongue:*
point number 2 should be addressed by the v1.25 team...
* end of transmission*

JCF Member

Drahcir is doing well so far

Jan 25, 2003, 11:55 AM
ok...another question...

Ok...I guess skipping is the only way.

Now, I also have Holiday Hare and I winder if there is a way to play it FROM the menu of the "normal" registered JJ2. I tried to copy the files but It does'nt let me play it unless I skip through the previous level first (even if they are already completed). Another thing is... everything is there...except the ennemies .... no one in those three levels???

Any way to make that work???

Thanks

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jan 25, 2003, 12:16 PM
Re: ok...another question...

Quote:
Originally posted by Drahcir
Ok...I guess skipping is the only way.

Now, I also have Holiday Hare and I winder if there is a way to play it FROM the menu of the "normal" registered JJ2. I tried to copy the files but It does'nt let me play it unless I skip through the previous level first (even if they are already completed). Another thing is... everything is there...except the ennemies .... no one in those three levels???

Any way to make that work???

Thanks
That's because Holiday hare uses a special animations file. Which contains special christmas enemies (e.g. turtles with santa hats, etc). If I were you, I'd install Holiday Hare in another directory next to your normal Jazz.

There might be other ways, but you will have to ask someone else for that. Since I only have the Christmas Chronicles add-on, and not the HH98 (which are pretty much alike, except for some differences)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 25, 2003, 01:47 PM
HH98 is a seperate file. You can put it in the TSF directory, if you have TSF, and play it from there, but not normal JJ2.