Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

open & run levels?

Twilight

JCF Member

Twilight is doing well so far

Oct 20, 2004, 07:05 AM
open & run levels?

Hello,
I'm a new-bie
I need some kinda help...I downloaded several new & created levels of jj2 but how can I play them? I don't know. Please help me.
Thx ^^

(I didn't know if it's rite where I posted this kinda topic...sry if it isn't )

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Oct 20, 2004, 07:14 AM
What's exactly your problem? Are they passworded so you can't get in? Do they show up in Home Cooked List? Anything? More details.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Oct 20, 2004, 08:20 AM
Open level through JCS.
--or--
Open through Home Cooked Levels list
--or--
Host a server with the level, change the gametype to what the level is

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Oct 20, 2004, 08:55 AM
To simply play a level, save it to the directory you've installed JJ2 to, then open it and you should be able to select them from the "episode" Home Cooked Levels in the Single Player menu.

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Oct 20, 2004, 09:12 AM
You mean "...open itJJ2..."

Multiplayer levels can only be played by 'running' the level or creating a server. Single player levels are listed in the "Home Cooked" episode.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Oct 20, 2004, 09:45 AM
^^^

Not really, JJ2 can't discern the difference between any type of level. Remember there is no place to choose what type of level it is, that's up to you. Only if the checkbox in Level Properties in JCS is selected, then the level won't show up in the Home Cooked Levels list.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 20, 2004, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
^^^

Not really, JJ2 can't discern the difference between any type of level. Remember there is no place to choose what type of level it is, that's up to you. Only if the checkbox in Level Properties in JCS is selected, then the level won't show up in the Home Cooked Levels list.
There is a checkbox for "Multiplayer level" but (as far as I can remember) all the box does is warn you if you have "Non-Multiplayer" events in your level (the ones with the little - sign in JCS.ini). Multiplayer levels appear on the Home Cooked Levels list because when playing Local Splitscreen, that's the only way you can select levels to play.
As for Twilight... if you are using Windows, you may find this article helpful: http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/art...?articleID=137

JCF Member

Anubis is doing well so far

Oct 21, 2004, 07:15 AM
Look at Unknown Rabbit's signature. :P Dalspots' JJ2 is with RF in B1, not mine. I dunno where to find edited JJ2 like this! And a level doesn't show on Home Cooked Levels List if you've clicked on Hide level on Home Cooked levels List option in level properties.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Oct 21, 2004, 07:19 AM
Generally what Violet said, "read the article".