Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

'Play JJ2 With Your Real Name' Week

View Poll Results: Good idea?
Yes 7 50.00%
No 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Jan 22, 2015, 03:29 AM
'Play JJ2 With Your Real Name' Week

Me and Invisible had this idea to orginise a 'Play JJ2 With Your Real Name' week (well it was originaly supposed to be a day, but i figured it wouldn't be that fun anyway).
The week will be officaly started from Monday, 26th of Januray (according to the Gregorian calendar) to 1st of February, 2015
The week will be changed to some other close date next year, and so on.
What you have to do is basicly replace your JJ2 nickname with your real name before entering a server.

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jan 22, 2015, 11:20 AM
How will I use my real name while the name I always use in JJ2 is my real name?
I voted yes.

My real name:SAMI
My JJ2 name:SAMI

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 22, 2015, 12:40 PM
It's redundant if you already play JJ2 with your real name. Not everyone has a screen name. The point of nicknames is to preserve anonymity if they wish. It feels a bit awkward when strangers on the internet call me by my real name.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 22, 2015, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
It's redundant if you already play JJ2 with your real name. Not everyone has a screen name. The point of nicknames is to preserve anonymity if they wish. It feels a bit awkward when strangers on the internet call me by my real name.
At least your name is not Mario.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 02:23 AM
If you already play JJ2 with your real name then just leave it like that.
And if i get enough 'noes', i guess that this won't happen.
Also, what's wrong with playing JJ2 with our real names? This gives us a chance to know eachother better. If you are embaressed with your name, then i'll tell you that my real name is Nicola.
No, i'm not a girl

Last edited by Jelly Jam; Jan 23, 2015 at 02:36 AM.

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 23, 2015, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Jam View Post
Also, what's wrong with playing JJ2 with our real names? This gives us a chance to know eachother better.
I won't use my real name where not necessary because of my belief that doing so creates a risk of having your soul stolen or your body revived after death and used as free manpower by a big corporation with questionable morals. I don't criticize the initiative though.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 23, 2015, 03:47 AM
Well, I'll be joining this

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
Well, I'll be joining this
Yay, grumps is in! ┗(^0^)┓Wait, isn't your real name Stijn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
I won't use my real name where not necessary because of my belief that doing so creates a risk of having your soul stolen or your body revived after death and used as free manpower by a big corporation with questionable morals. I don't criticize the initiative though.
Is it a joke I don't get or something? Uh, am I missing something here? Is it an alusion to something?

Quote:
If you already play JJ2 with your real name then just leave it like that.
And if i get enough 'noes', i guess that this won't happen.
Also, what's wrong with playing JJ2 with our real names? This gives us a chance to know eachother better. If you are embaressed with your name, then i'll tell you that my real name is Nicola.
No, i'm not a girl
*reads that your name is Nicola* Are you a gi... *reads "No, I'm not a girl* oh.

---

Oh come on people, this should be fun! Don't be embarassed because of your names (or in Ementaler's case, getting your soul stolen), it's just a silly thing so we can find out each other's name. We're not part of the Illuminati or something... or are we?
loominaughty cunfirmed

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 07:57 AM
What the F**k is illumitnatew? And what do you meant by you are a part of it?

JCF Member

Zah dud4h is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2015, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
it's just a silly thing so we can find out each other's name.
Whats the point of finding eachother's name?
it wouldn't help you with anything if know my name,you already know how to call me.
also didn't you throught that people would actually like to be called by their nicknames,rather then their own names (for example:treylina),
didn't you throught that people even put their own name as their own email password (rare cases,but i still know people) just because people don't know their own name
now you know what this silly thing can mean to a person?
you will just try to argue with me just because i think your point is wrong?

JCF Member

Sean is a forum legendSean is a forum legend

Jan 23, 2015, 11:11 AM
I've been playing with my real name before it was cool 8-)

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zah dud4h View Post
Whats the point of finding eachother's name?
it wouldn't help you with anything if know my name,you already know how to call me.
also didn't you throught that people would actually like to be called by their nicknames,rather then their own names (for example:treylina),
didn't you throught that people even put their own name as their own email password (rare cases,but i still know people) just because people don't know their own name
now you know what this silly thing can mean to a person?
you will just try to argue with me just because i think your point is wrong?
Wha... Dude, if you want to be completely anonymous go and live in a cave. Putting your email password your own name is the worst idea I've ever heard, since your real friends could easily find it out. I like being called by my username too, but this is ridiculous! Like you play a week with your real name ON A GAME NO ONE CARES ABOUT with A SMALL COMUNITY and someone steals your identity, starts doing cybercrimes using your name and you go to jail for life because someone else made you look like the real guilty person. Oh come on, you act just like a parent who doesn't let their kids make a Club Penguin account! Be damn serious.

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 01:58 PM
When I said name, i didn't mean Name and Surname, just the name. They can't hack your email or W/E with just the name, example: there are many Bobs in the world. Nobody will use your name for anything lol. We're all friends in this community! I wouldn't think of something like this in Minecwaft!
Dude, this festival is like wearing a costume for haloween, or putting on a mask for a carneval, just chill.
Zah dud4h

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2015, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Wha... Dude, if you want to be completely anonymous go and live in a cave.
i didn't said i want to be completely anonymous

Quote:
Putting your email password your own name is the worst idea I've ever heard, since your real friends could easily find it out
what if you have 2 emails,which one of them is unknown for your real friends

Quote:
I like being called by my username too, but this is ridiculous! Like you play a week with your real name ON A GAME NO ONE CARES ABOUT with A SMALL COMUNITY
still don't see the point of actually play with my own name,now tell me,how does this help this "small community"?

Quote:
and someone steals your identity, starts doing cybercrimes using your name and you go to jail for life because someone else made you look like the real guilty person
did i said something about identity theft? cybercrimes and the other nonsense things you said? no,i said that people like to be called by their nicknames rather then their own names

Quote:
Oh come on, you act just like a parent who doesn't let their kids make a Club Penguin account! Be damn serious.
and you act like a kid trying to be cool in front of the monitor,how much i need to be serious to actually tell you that you must have a reason why should i put my name instead of my nickname

Quote:
When I said name, i didn't mean Name and Surname, just the name. They can't hack your email or W/E with just the name, example: there are many Bobs in the world. Nobody will use your name for anything lol. We're all friends in this community! I wouldn't think of something like this in Minecwaft!
Dude, this festival is like wearing a costume for haloween, or putting on a mask for a carneval, just chill.
i didn't said hack,i said as a password,also i don't even know the half of the community and it looks like i'm friends with everyone,hoorah,no.
there are still some people who actually can mess with your account pretty hard (which is what happened to artegor)
i'm gonna to stop here since this is getting off-topic pretty fast and my reply is getting longer

Last edited by Zah dud4h; Jan 23, 2015 at 02:14 PM.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 23, 2015, 04:30 PM
I can think of more interesting things to debate.

If you don't mind people knowing your first name, fair enough. If you do, fair enough. There's not much more to it. I think it's an interesting way to shake things up (though obviously it doesn't change much for me personally) and given the diversity of the online JJ2 scene it's an opportunity to learn about other languages as well :P

But in this day and age I can understand if people want to share as little personal information online as possible, or prefer to be called by their self-chosen nickname. To each their own!

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2015, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
What the F**k is illumitnatew? And what do you meant by you are a part of it?
The Illuminati was a secret society from the 1700s. All historical accounts say it stopped being a thing some time before the 1800s, but conspiracy theorists are stuck on the idea that they're still around now and are secretly controlling the world.
More recently, with the dawn of the internet, it's become a joke among internet-users.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 01:53 AM
Alright, so far i've got 50% no and 50% yes on both the JCF And JJnet.
When the deadline comes (26th) i will merge the votes and see.
For those who votes 'yes', note that 50% yes is not enough

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 24, 2015, 02:01 AM
I haven't played JJ2 for about 2 weeks, with a lot more weeks of absence to come, but even so I would not play under my real name. You know me as Borgia, and Borgia I will forever be.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
The Illuminati was a secret society from the 1700s. All historical accounts say it stopped being a thing some time before the 1800s, but conspiracy theorists are stuck on the idea that they're still around now and are secretly controlling the world.
More recently, with the dawn of the internet, it's become a joke among internet-users.
A bad joke, for some reason I keep using. Like everytime a younger relative visits me, it says stuff such as "Omg u know 'bout teh Loominaughty? Iz secret evil society! No, iz real trust me!"

Zah, your logic kills me. Literally, you can't play a single week using your real name just for fun? Where's your spirit, I mean come on! It's not like your name is Mary Poop! It's like not wearing ugly sweaters on Christmas!

Quote:
Alright, so far i've got 50% no and 50% yes on both the JCF And JJnet.
When the deadline comes (26th) i will merge the votes and see.
For those who votes 'yes', note that 50% yes is not enough
Jelly, I was really enthusiast about this "Play with your real name" week, but if people are just too secretive to do that, it's their choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
I haven't played JJ2 for about 2 weeks, with a lot more weeks of absence to come, but even so I would not play under my real name. You know me as Borgia, and Borgia I will forever be.
Wait, isn't Borgia a real name? Oh you guys, your name cannot be "spookier" than mine.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 02:20 AM
"Borgia" is a real name, but not a first name. It's a family name, one that has gone quite extinct in the course of history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Borgia

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 02:22 AM
Quote:
"Borgia" is a real name, but not a first name. It's a family name, one that has gone quite extinct in the course of history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Borgia
Oh, so it's not your real name. Disappointing. The only person I saw playing using his real name is Nick. I like Nick.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 02:25 AM
If I really had 'Borgia' in my name, I would not be very popular in Italy.... xD

Also, Assassin's Creed fans, especially Camp Ezio, would want to lynch me on the spot.

I am not ashamed of my real name, I just don't see the point of using said name in a game, especially when I don't have to.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 02:36 AM
Quote:
If I really had 'Borgia' in my name, I would not be very popular in Italy.... xD

Also, Assassin's Creed fans, especially Camp Ezio, would want to lynch me on the spot.

I am not ashamed of my real name, I just don't see the point of using said name in a game, especially when I don't have to.
It's just for a week! It could be really something, my oppinion.

Zah dud4h

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Zah, your logic kills me. Literally, you can't play a single week using your real name just for fun? Where's your spirit, I mean come on! It's not like your name is Mary Poop! It's like not wearing ugly sweaters on Christmas!
you just answered the question by yourself

Quote:
but if people are just too secretive to do that, it's their choice.
i simply don't find the word fun on this,you are just changing your nickname,whats fun?

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Oh, so it's not your real name. Disappointing. The only person I saw playing using his real name is Nick. I like Nick.
What about me?

Quote:
Jelly, I was really enthusiast about this "Play with your real name" week, but if people are just too secretive to do that, it's their choice.

Oh and btw, this thread actually makes no sense at all. And @Primpy, you can't argue pointlessly with someone against their will. There is obviously a more good reason behind using fake names. Using real name in online is way too dangerous choice. How can you say everyone in this community is our friends?

MY ADVICE: Never trust anyone. Not even your best friends.
The reason I'm saying this is because I've been betrayed by my friends many times. And not in virtual world, but real world. You don't know how it feels like then.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 03:47 AM
Quote:
you just answered the question by yourself
Uh?

Quote:
i simply don't find the word fun on this,you are just changing your nickname,whats fun?
Finding out each other's names.

Quote:
What about me?
Sami is an actual name?

Quote:
Oh and btw, this thread actually makes no sense at all. And @Primpy, you can't argue pointlessly with someone against their will. There is obviously a more good reason behind using fake names. Using real name in online is way too dangerous choice. How can you say everyone in this community is our friends?

MY ADVICE: Never trust anyone. Not even your best friends.
The reason I'm saying this is because I've been betrayed by my friends many times. And not in virtual world, but real world. You don't know how it feels like then.
Guess you're right, but it could be something fun at least in my oppinion, and because of the people who just don't like the idea this is not gonna happen.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:00 AM
Not necessary to happen after all. What if someone tells you that no video games for next week and all voted yes and you are saying its not right. And some other guy trying so hard to make you accept the thing you don't want?

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Not necessary to happen after all. What if someone tells you that no video games for next week and all voted yes and you are saying its not right. And some other guy trying so hard to make you accept the thing you don't want?
Sure, it's a new experience even if I like it or not.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Sami is an actual name?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_%28name%29

You watch football [aka soccer]? Did you watch FIFA World Cup 2014? This name is a very common name, as well as Sam, Sammy, Samir. How come you say its an actual name or not?

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Good to know.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:20 AM
So you talk too much about how important it is to use the real name and trying to make other agree with this thing. But you never told us about your real name (-_-)

Edit: Nevermind. I got your name. But post it here so that everyone can see it.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Finding out each other's names.
again,how does this help you at all?

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Why does it have to have a purpose for you? Do you know what "fun" is? Or even "curiosity"? Do you have a purpose for losing time on PC or posting on JCF? Similar to an example I gave earlier, Christmas or any other holiday doesn't have a purpose either.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Here:

Quote:
I'm a little bit homophobic (Gay = disgusting!).

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Here:
How's this even related? I wanted to say "Gay is not okay", but I kept it like that.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:32 AM
You said its not ok, but you also said that you are Homo.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:35 AM
Quote:
You said its not ok, but you also said that you are Homo.
No, I said I am homophobic.

Zah dud4h

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Why does it have to have a purpose for you? Do you know what "fun" is? Or even "curiosity"? Do you have a purpose for losing time on PC or posting on JCF? Similar to an example I gave earlier, Christmas or any other holiday doesn't have a purpose either.
Define fun
i aleardy know that curiosity can be dangerous,some things are just better to don't know about them

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:38 AM
Okay, maybe you aren't gay after all. Didn't meant to hurt you though. Sorry if I hurt ya.

JCF Member

Jan 24, 2015, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Define fun
i aleardy know that curiosity can be dangerous,some things are just better to don't know about them
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fun

We're getting really off-topic, and I don't want Grumps to get angry again on me.

Quote:
Okay, maybe you aren't gay after all. Didn't meant to hurt you though. Sorry if I hut ya.
Why would I be hurted anyway? :P