Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

How do I do this???

Laggy Gangsta

JCF Member

Laggy Gangsta is doing well so far

Jan 21, 2005, 10:03 PM
Exclamation How do I do this???

I have Jazz jackrabbit 2 v1.00g. (yes, I know it's an early beta or whatever.) I also have JJ2- The Secret Files v1.24. (Both full versions.) I also have the shareware demo episode. Is there any way I can put all the episodes into the same program to play them under 1.24? If there is that would be great

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 22, 2005, 12:29 AM
TSF is supposed to have JJ2 built in, but I seem to recall that varied between publishers. In any case, I'm surprised it doesn't at least have the shareware episode, as even HH98 did that. (I would ask where you got these games, but somehow I already know.)
You should be able to play the shareware episode in TSF by moving all the shareware files into your TSF folder, and saying "no" to any overwriting it asks you about. I don't think 1.00g is compatible with anything, though, so you'd have to actually buy the game.

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Jan 22, 2005, 02:27 AM
If you should've bought the game (which would be much more wise than downloading it) there is a way to have all episodes of 1.23 and 1.24 in one programm.

1. Re-install it.
2. If it asks you where you want to install JJ2 in, type in the same folder both times. For example, C:\Games\JJ2 TSF for CD1 (1.23) and CD2 (1.24).

Don't try that with OEM (your beta version) though. And if you follow Unknown Rabbit's advise, be sure NOT to copy the file anims.j2a into the TSF folder, otherwise the game will crash when you start it.

Hope that helps.

JCF Member

Jan 22, 2005, 08:03 PM
Is there any way at all to get the levels from the OEM into a newer version of the game? or can't it be done?

Last edited by Laggy Gangsta; Feb 1, 2005 at 11:49 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 23, 2005, 12:57 AM
Not unless you understand the compression. Again, this is all fixed if you just buy the game.
Laggy Gangsta

JCF Member

Jan 23, 2005, 01:08 AM
The compression? what do you mean?

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 23, 2005, 06:27 AM
It's a no-go.
Laggy Gangsta

JCF Member

Jan 25, 2005, 11:01 PM
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
You should be able to play the shareware episode in TSF by moving all the shareware files into your TSF folder, and saying "no" to any overwriting it asks you about.
No, that didn't work.

I can't transfer the levels from JJ2 to TSF because they are in .lev format instead of .j2l.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 26, 2005, 12:19 AM
Yes, that's because the .lev files are from the OEM version. I specifically said you could move the Shareware levels into TSF, because (afaik) there is no OEM shareware, so I felt safe doing so.

Compression... basically, .lev files and .j2l files are very similar, but .j2l files are much more compressed. If you could replicate the process that turns .lev files into .j2l files, then you'd be fine, but I sincerely doubt you can do that.

JCF Member

Feb 1, 2005, 11:52 PM
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
Yes, that's because the .lev files are from the OEM version.
I know.

And it didn't work transferring The shareware levels into TSF.

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 2, 2005, 12:42 AM
I really hate the phrase "didn't work" because it tells me nothing. Can you describe in detail what you did, to what files, and what happened when you did what?

JCF Member

JelZe GoldRabbit is doing well so far

Feb 2, 2005, 05:29 AM
I assume you did transfer the levels Share1.j2l, Share2.j2l and Share3.j2l into your TSF folder via Windows Explorer (right-click, cut and paste). What Unknown Rabbit may have forgot to mention is that the levels aren't directly accessible, unless you transfer the Episode file as well, which is Share.j2e. Put it in the same spot as the levels and it should show up in the Episode Select Screen.

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3