Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Ok... it moves, I'll give it that. I show how green I am at animation.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Jun 27, 2003, 12:52 AM
Ok... it moves, I'll give it that. I show how green I am at animation.

It stinks, but I put some time into it to make it 16 frames long. Nothing big, just construction.

----------------------------
http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblad..._tocaconst.avi
----------------------------

I guess I gotta start somewhere. This animation shows how I don't have a solid idea of the shape of my character's chest and hip areas. I used Radium's construction method here, because I don't normally construct the chest and hip areas... Hmm, I sense a trend. It is only a bit over a second, so she doesn't do much. Basically she turns towards the camera, then cocks her head like a dog.

I used a program that came with my tablet to make this... The program sucks. It is a kiddy program, with a slew of much needed features not implamented. I tried to turn all my lines black with some tool or another, so I could make the animation more visible, but I had to settle for blacking the background. Anyways, the program is Corel Art Dabbler.

By the way, I posted this here before I posted it in the Noogy board. :P

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Member

Jun 27, 2003, 01:28 AM
I'm very surprised that I redrew the head very close to the same size in each frame. I expect that it would have varried in size between the first and last fame.

The intentional animation was the head, the left leg, and the left arm, the other things that moved were less intentional.

It isn't really my first animation. I've drawn some character animations before for my tilesets. *chuckles* with a good degree of success. People thought a new character was actually running through the level. Ah, that worked out well . I even put a name above his head so it looked like another online player, then I hid a player in a secret room with that name so it showed up in the player list. Confusing people is good fun, though I'm usually the one who is confused.

Before that I made an animation with a VCR and a video painter toy... Dang, I spent so much time on that little thing. If I find a way, I should post that video some day.

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Jun 27, 2003, 01:45 AM
This file is hosted by Tripod, a Lycos®Network Site, and is not available for download. Please check out Tripod's Help system for more information about Remote Loading and our Remote Loading policy.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 27, 2003, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblaze
This file is hosted by Tripod, a Lycos®Network Site, and is not available for download. Please check out Tripod's Help system for more information about Remote Loading and our Remote Loading policy.!
Copy and paste, fool.

It looks pretty good. The head staying the same size is quite impressive *thinks back to his own attempts at animation*.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Captain Spam

Retired administrator

Captain Spam has disabled reputation

Jun 27, 2003, 07:26 AM
Er... that's strange, I can't see it... (Video appears all white)

(This, of course, may not be suprising, given my computer isn't the most reliable at playing videos)

The Dementia of Magic
... Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.

JCF Member

Jun 27, 2003, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
Copy and paste, fool.

It looks pretty good. The head staying the same size is quite impressive *thinks back to his own attempts at animation*.
Try copy and paste "http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostbla...n_tocaconst.avi" into your url bar and give me your result, fool.

Quote:
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Jun 27, 2003, 01:06 PM
Just right-click it and save it, MB, should work.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jun 27, 2003, 01:36 PM
I can't see it! >_<
Copy and pasting won't help, either..

EDIT: No, wait, forget it.

Well, now you only have to add some more and it'll be good.

JCF Member

Jun 27, 2003, 03:37 PM
Ah, thank you Enigma. (Nya Radium =p)

Quote:
*sings*

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 27, 2003, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblaze
Try copy and paste "http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostbla...n_tocaconst.avi" into your url bar and give me your result, fool.
The "copy link address" button, fool.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Jun 27, 2003, 07:01 PM
I'm thinking about completing this one, now. Next time I host an animation, I'll make sure it is easier to access. I know I could just click the link and access it, but that was probably becasue the site knows me as the administrator of that page. Next time I'll just post the URL without making it a link, and let people copy and paste. Less confusing, but still kind of a hassle.

By the way, I got my mom to buy herself a new mouse, now I can have my drawing tablet back. (her old mouse died, so I let her use my art tablet as a substitute.) Now that I got my art tablet back I can animate at home easier.

Anaiyu

JCF Member

Anaiyu is doing well so far

Jul 11, 2003, 10:02 PM
For all you Smartee-Pantcsesssss...

"http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade/badanimation_tocaconst.avi"

There.