Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

War tavern RPG...

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 3, 2003, 09:07 PM
War tavern RPG...

Okay, I'm thinking about making an RPGM2k RPG based off of some War Tavern story. Which one would you people want made into a game the most? I'd pick one myself if I had time to read every story here.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 07:15 AM
Actually, is there any copys of that old "Sureal Saga" thing?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 4, 2003, 12:40 PM
Here is part of it.
(WARNING: Longish)

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 02:05 PM
I'm looking for either a complete story or part one of a serise.

Xion

JCF Veteran

Xion is doing well so far

Jan 4, 2003, 02:09 PM
Radium I can help with charas since I know where to get a load of rm2k stuff and have a load of stuff myself. (sorry for the usage but it's the only apporpriate word for my collection.)

I'll try to get it on my site ASAMCUI (As Soon As My Connection Uploads It). It's quite extensive...

[edit]Okay, try http://xion.150m.com/rm2k/ in a moment...[/edit]

None of that!-Snaki

Last edited by Cobra; Jan 5, 2003 at 03:12 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 02:35 PM
Actually, I have tons of chars already and plan to draw ones I don't have. And I don't even know what I'll be making yet.

Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 4, 2003, 02:40 PM
Just download the files...there's tons of them there.

It's in two parts (Webserver didn't let me load more than 1MB of stuff at a time, and get them now since my server doesn't like file compression formats.)

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Jan 4, 2003, 02:41 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Well, if it helps with the choosing: all my war tavern stories actually ARE based on an RPG game that I happen to like...
...It's just a tabletop RPG.

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 4, 2003, 02:44 PM
If you want a quality story, don't choose mine.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 02:52 PM
That one is complete.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
That one is complete.
If I make an RPG of Sureal Saga, I'd want it to be of the first part. Oh, and I downloaded the stuff Xion posted. It didn't work completely, and I only got about 4/5 of the monsters in one file. I may use some, they were pretty good. I couldn't get the other file to work.

And when will you kids learn not to use giant Bmp files? Jpg blurs stuff, and Gif has a color limit, so behold the power that is Png!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 03:55 PM
Png takes forever to load.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 04:00 PM
That's not the point. Does anyone have the first part of the Sureal Saga?

Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 4, 2003, 04:25 PM
Radium...you have to download both parts and THEN fire up the executable. That way you get all of them. There's lots of stuff, and I have tons more I just need to rip from other games.

Btw, those files are as-is. Those are how I got them myself so LIVE WIT 'EM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Xion
Radium...you have to download both parts and THEN fire up the executable. That way you get all of them. There's lots of stuff, and I have tons more I just need to rip from other games.
Really, Xion, I have enough stuff now. I need a good war tavern story now. I need a suggestion on a story to use. I was thinking about the Sureal Saga, but nobody has a copy of the first installment.

Hell, make me download more stuff if you want, I got 80GB of free space =P.

Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 4, 2003, 04:33 PM
Just make your own d*!n story!

Here's a start: A group of dragons, let's say five, get transformed by an evil king bent on enslaving the world. Without the dragons, they cannot be stopped...but the Dragons, now in Human form, decide to fight back...like they would if they were still dragons.

Good start? Run with it!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 04:37 PM
That's not the point. I want to take a story that people already like, and make it into a playable game so people will say "Y4y! R4d1um 0wns u5 411!".

Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 4, 2003, 06:28 PM
What else to do?

JAZZ JACKRABBIT 3. Rpg style though.

See if you can find how to code it Tactics, Sidestyle, or Crono Trigger style CBS. (If you use RM2k you should know what CBS means!)

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 06:38 PM
Quote:
What else to do?

JAZZ JACKRABBIT 3. Rpg style though.

See if you can find how to code it Tactics, Sidestyle, or Crono Trigger style CBS. (If you use RM2k you should know what CBS means!)
I'm doing this is a sort of "break" from working on some other projects. A CBS would take a while to think up, so I'm using a default battle system (with an interesting addition).

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 4, 2003, 07:07 PM
Angry

Okay, since people don't get the thread let me explain.

I am going to make an RPG based off of... *thinks*... "Conquerer", by Coppertop. If anyone wants me to do a different story, speak now, or forever... don't speak!

Edit: I tried hacking RPG_rt.exe for the first time, to add custom text characters.

(Note: Derby won't be in the final game)

Last edited by Radium; Jan 4, 2003 at 08:44 PM.
Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 5, 2003, 10:58 AM
Rad I know how to do that WITHOUGHT hacking...

I think...

It's an image and you use vars to make the images text in the game...Or is that how you did it?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 5, 2003, 11:22 AM
I modified the forign character list from the exe file (you know, like "$A" and "$B" make stuff like astrological symbols and smileys).

Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 5, 2003, 11:36 AM
oh...That's what I was talking about before though...

I thought those had the Sword and shield already in them...

No brain and foot and Hand though.... Nice hack!

BTW, If you ever want me to help make areas or find you a CBS I can help you do that.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 5, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evil program I used to hack RPG_rt only lets you use it once per computer, and I forgot some stuff... oh well, I have about eleven coputers to use it on =P.
I already finished the System graphic and a bunch of items... next I'm doing characters.

4I Falcon

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Jan 6, 2003, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KRSplat
If you want a quality story, don't choose mine.
Ditto.

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 4I Falcon
Ditto.
Okay, story's already been chosen so you can all shut up now.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 05:45 PM
This is a stupid and most likely ignored post, but can you make up a character (good or bad, dont care,im not picky) for me. If possible, a giant shield and sword weilding firebreathing parrot? Can you? Can you? OMG PLZ PLZ I UR FRIEND MAKE ENEMY FOR ME PLZ OMG PLZ THE WORLD END IF U DONT OK?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 6, 2003, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackraptor
This is a stupid and most likely ignored post, but can you make up a character (good or bad, dont care,im not picky) for me. If possible, a giant shield and sword weilding firebreathing parrot? Can you? Can you? OMG PLZ PLZ I UR FRIEND MAKE ENEMY FOR ME PLZ OMG PLZ THE WORLD END IF U DONT OK?
*grumble* I already said the game is going to be based off of the first 10 or so chapters of "Conquerer". Are you in there? That's why you can't be in the game. Updates are now in the art forum where we are drawing krappy stuff to put in the game.

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2003, 06:02 PM
Curses, foiled by conquer.........-_-

Oh well, my friend made an RPG once, although ive never prayed it (it wasnt playable on my computer, evil XP)

You were suppose to ignore my post btw, it'll save you the time answering my noobish rhetorical questions.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 7, 2003, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackraptor
Oh well, my friend made an RPG once, although ive never prayed it
You should only pray to god.

Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 7, 2003, 12:21 PM
**** you radium...I was going to make that joke!

Btw, if you need a beta tester I can help you, stuff with enemies and other things just ask and I can help.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 7, 2003, 01:42 PM
¬_¬ Don't you have a life or something to attend to?

JCF Member

Jan 7, 2003, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium
You should only pray to god.

Lol radium, you now that was just a typo for playing

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 7, 2003, 01:46 PM
I know, but typos are lots of fin.

Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 7, 2003, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium
¬_¬ Don't you have a life or something to attend to?
Life? Is that a new pet? Is it some kind of new food? Is it tasty?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 7, 2003, 05:03 PM
Yes.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 7, 2003, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 4I Falcon
Ditto.
You mean ditto to mine are low quality? Or yours are low quality?

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Jan 8, 2003, 12:33 PM
Yes.

Again.

Actually, I can only truthfully say that I believe mine are low quality, as I've never read any of yours.

But anyway.

I'll shut up now.

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!
Xion

JCF Veteran

Jan 8, 2003, 01:41 PM
Why is my life a fuzzball?

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 8, 2003, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Why is my life a fuzzball?
I have a very good answer but the admins would yell at me.