Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

j2o-bugs

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Dec 7, 2010, 12:32 PM
j2o-bugs

1 - When I want to edit my comment in some news on the front page, I can't. I get an error: "You are not allowed to edit this message. You don't have the appropiate rank". That doesn't happen when I want to edit my comment in Pictures section.

2 - It's impossible to download my pack (not sure for other levels), and File name is '/tmp/phpCGAS4m'

3 - I can't see the file preview for xlmftctf03 level, and for some other levels on J2O. Can't remember atm. I thought it's up to me, but it's up to J2O. Loon told me that he can't see it, too.

Can you fix this soon?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 7, 2010, 12:48 PM
I could take a look, if you give me the URLs of the pages where you get these errors.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 7, 2010, 02:02 PM
As for the xmlfctf03 preview, you included the wrong tileset in the zip (the level uses PokHigh4c.j2t, you included PokHigh4.j2t). Obviously the site cannot render a preview image if it doesn't have the right tileset. Re-uploading with the correct tileset should fix this.

I imagine this also applies to those "some other levels" you mention.

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2010, 04:42 AM
well, thanks a lot. I will re-upload this. GJ for fixing 'Edit comment'. Now try to add Delete comment.

EDIT: Huh, I remember when afiiko uploaded his level, I was able to see it on file preview, but he didn't include the tileset. Maybe it's impossible to see big levels. This one is very big level, the biggest in the pack.

EDIT2: reuploaded with PokHigh4c.j2l and still doesn't work.

EDIT34124: It works fine now.

Last edited by Toni; Dec 8, 2010 at 06:12 AM.

Administrator

Dec 11, 2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
EDIT: Huh, I remember when afiiko uploaded his level, I was able to see it on file preview, but he didn't include the tileset. Maybe it's impossible to see big levels. This one is very big level, the biggest in the pack.
If the tileset is included with another upload, the script can still find it on the J2O webspace and will use it for the preview. There's a limit to the preview size, so level size shouldn't be a problem, though I suppose in exceptional cases (every layer full of tiles that don't form a pattern) there could be memory issues. I haven't seen that occur yet though, so that's theoretical for now.

Deleting comments may break existing conversations, so I'm not really in favor of adding that (for users; admins can already delete comments).

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2010, 11:27 AM
I understand now, thanks again.

Last edited by Toni; Dec 19, 2010 at 03:30 AM.

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2010, 03:32 AM
I found another bug. It's on User Pictures.. http://www.jazz2online.com/pictures/view.php?act=random

Error!

Invalid item ID specified!
Not every time but very often. After every 5-6 pictures approximately.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Dec 19, 2010, 03:43 AM
Also, sometimes when I click 'downloads' on the J2O main page, it says: 'Error: Invalid review specified.'

Administrator

Dec 19, 2010, 04:08 AM
Random picture bug should be fixed now. The one Jake reported seems to keep popping up and I haven't been able to find the cause so far, but I'll keep looking for it.

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2010, 04:31 AM
nice.

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2010, 04:37 AM
How spotlight reviews are chosen? Automatically or by hand? If automatically, maybe some review has been deleted, or the whole upload is deleted?

Administrator

Dec 19, 2010, 04:38 AM
Automatically, and yeah, it probably has something to do with that.

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2010, 05:06 AM
...So, will you check through the database for the missing download/review?

Administrator

Dec 19, 2010, 05:12 AM
...no, I'll fix the script - how can I check for something that's not there?

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2010, 05:41 AM
is it possible to turn on ability to see did user deleted some earlier uploads? For example:

Toni has deleted 3 item(s) in total.

Administrator

Dec 19, 2010, 05:46 AM
Well, it's possible, but what would the use of that be?

JCF Member

Dec 19, 2010, 07:33 AM
well, I am pretty sure that snooze uploaded NA, and deleted it. Someone asked me where to find it, and I told him that it is in snooze's profile. When I went to his profile I saw that there is no NA, and I felt like a fool.

Administrator

Dec 19, 2010, 07:36 AM
You could've checked his profile beforehand, though.

The point of deleting stuff is making it disappear from the site, so I'm not particularly enthusiastic about showing what has been deleted to all users.

JCF Member

Dec 20, 2010, 05:33 AM
Alright. Probably you haven't seen an example.

Quote:
Username has deleted number uploads in total.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 20, 2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Or maybe your idea isn't just as useful as you think it is.

Administrator

Dec 20, 2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
I have, you posted one in the post before your previous one. How would that have helped you to find out that Snooze had deleted specifically the one file you were looking for?

Just stating the number of files someone has deleted doesn't seem of any use to me, and showing which files specifically were deleted is not the way deleting things is supposed to work.