Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Favorite/Least Favorite JJ2/JJ1 level?

Tmansdc

JCF Member

Tmansdc is doing well so far

May 10, 2004, 08:21 AM
Favorite/Least Favorite JJ2/JJ1 level?

What is your favorite level in JJ1 (all nine episodes and two christmas ones) and least favorite of the above episodes?

Also what is your favorite level in JJ2? (all episodes, TSF, and Christmas Chronicles, No user ones) and also least favorite?

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

May 10, 2004, 08:55 AM
I hate Singleplayer.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

May 10, 2004, 10:28 AM
JJ1:

- Battleships secret level where you run through several sucker tubes, got goodies, and immediately found the exit sign. There is a tilebug, also.
- Second Raneforus level. It was so hard, that I was forced to skip onto Stonar.
Monkies falling from sky were **** annoying >(((((((

JJ2:

- For favorite one, I can't select the best. Both Battle2, and Bad Pitt are neat for me.
- Fourteen Carrot. Man, this is EVIL. Bees were more annoying than Wadledee and his caps-speak overusing. And it had lot of unusable stuff, like Jazz-Spaz morph, Pepper Spray, and generally carpload of things. Texts weren't even HALF funny as ones from previous level. Not even part until second savepoint (it's highly remaked first JJ1 level, in case if you didn't know) can't save this level.

Then Devan came and ruined weather in Poland >OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 10, 2004, 11:16 AM
JJ1 Best: That bonus level where you get 10 seconds to collect 45 gems. Among others. Really, most of the bonus levels were cool. If only they had working difficulty settings.
JJ1 Worst: Orbitus 2. I have never once completed that level without the airboard code. Never.

JJ2 Best: Can I just choose all of Episode 2?
JJ2 Worst: Uhhh... the unfinished Psych secret level.

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

May 10, 2004, 01:10 PM
Best JJ1 level: the Dreempipes ones. I have always liked those for some reason.
Worst JJ1 level: Scraparap. I hate, hate, hate, hate those tiny flying things that shoot RFs at you and follow you throughout the entire level.

And I am glad to see that I'm not the only one having trouble with that one jump in Orbitus 2. It is the only part in the entire game where I need a cheat code (heck, even the Episode 6 boss is easier).

Best JJ2 level: I never liked the JJ2 single player very much, but I suppose I can live with the Beach levels.
Worst JJ2 level: death to the second inferno level (the one that comes after a cold day in heck)

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

May 10, 2004, 01:21 PM
Best JJ1 Level: The turtemple one with the underground maze. I just like the turtemple one overall. And the Lagunicus one. And if it counts, the 3D bonus levels (all of them, they're just awesome)

Worst JJ1 Level: I never really liked some of the ones in the 'bonus' episodes (whatever you call them), particularly Raneforus and some other planet with a lot of colors, maybe Exoticus (not sure).

Best JJ2 Level: Back when I only used to play SP I liked the Colonius, Psych, and Beach levels (all of them). And Bad Pitt.

Worst JJ2 levels. Battle1 Uhh...The unfinished Psych one, The training level, and maybe one of the diamondus ones (those bees are just SFSCF$#HATE annoying, especially since they respawn).

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

May 11, 2004, 04:32 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if all people here would say that they never finished Orbitus 2.
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

May 11, 2004, 10:20 AM
Best JJ2 levels: The colonius levels, and the last level, when you fight against Devan.
Worst JJ2 levels: I hate the beach and the diamondus levels, they suck are bad.

I don't remember which JJ1 levels I played, because it was around 8 years ago.
DanYjel

JCF Member

DanYjel is doing well so far

May 11, 2004, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
JJ1 Best: That bonus level where you get 10 seconds to collect 45 gems. Among others. Really, most of the bonus levels were cool. If only they had working difficulty settings.
JJ1 Worst: Orbitus 2. I have never once completed that level without the airboard code. Never.

JJ2 Best: Can I just choose all of Episode 2?
JJ2 Worst: Uhhh... the unfinished Psych secret level.
So I am not so JJ1N00BY... I never completed Orbitus 2 because it is really impossible.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

May 11, 2004, 05:28 PM
My favorite JJ1 level is probably the first Tubelectric one. The secret stuff hidden next to the tubes was fun, the way you only knew it was there after you had gone past it. Least favorite was probably Orbitus, because it was, well, impossible.

Favorite JJ2 was the second Medivo level. A long time ago, I remember getting completely lost on that level. Least favorite is the second castle. Bats frustrate me.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

May 11, 2004, 07:01 PM
Wow. Im not the only one who couldn't beat Orbitus O.o

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

May 12, 2004, 02:46 AM
After a really long time, and attempted suicide, I was able to beat that really annoying area in Orbitus 2. A lot of episodes were great, but I got to give it up to Battleships. That level just pushed the limits, imo. Being able to go in the ship, or fly around or outside it, I felt like it was a spaceship simulator.

My least favorite, Orbitus act 2, gets my vote, nothing was more evil than the one part that everyone has trouble on in that level, especially since I only beat it once!
--------

Most Favorite: Badd Pitt
Least Favorite: The Inferno level, act 2

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

Last edited by JJ Tublear; May 13, 2004 at 04:07 PM.

JCF Member

Sacrush is doing well so far

May 12, 2004, 04:20 AM
I finsihed orbitus 2 without cheats but it was really hard.

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

May 12, 2004, 05:44 PM
Best JJ1 level: Industrius 1
Worst JJ1 level: Orbitus 2

Best JJ2 level: Victorian Secret
Worst JJ2 level: Weirder Science

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

May 12, 2004, 06:06 PM
Best JJ1 - Dreempipes 1 or Letni 1 (Letni, IMO, sounds like a brand of ramen noodles)

Worst JJ1 - Orbitus 2 (That was EVIL, man. I'm sure CliffyB himself couldn't get through it...)

Best JJ2 - Bad Pitt (Love the pun)/Salad Toss/Cold day in Heck

Worst JJ2 - None, really, all of them except the aforementioned kinda sucked...

-ThO
TaZaR

JCF Member

TaZaR is doing well so far

May 13, 2004, 12:12 AM
JJ

JJ1
Best: Tubelectric 1? I love that one. Sucker tubes, much secrets, stupid spark enemies & good music.
Worst: Pezrock... Why? It's boring with crappy enemies + bad music. And deckstar boss level, which I hate becouse the boss is a crappy one too. Shoot a nuclear barrel to blast of devan... Ehh...

JJ2
Best: Badd Pitt - I love it becouse the huge areas, strong enemies, devan boss & for the music.
Worst: Rabbit in Training =D

I had completed orbitus 2, it was hard, but not unfinishable, just need to try much. =)

http://projectx.fateback.com/

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

May 13, 2004, 07:15 AM
JJ1 best: Fanolint 1. I play it again and again and again. I could make a JJ2 conversion (level, not tileset) without a problem.
JJ1 worst: Ceramicus 2 is helluva boring.
JJ2 best: Loose Screws. It's just fun.
JJ2 worst: Jungle Jump. Just because.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Alister is doing well so far

May 14, 2004, 07:09 AM
I'm playing through JJ1 just to answer this. I've just done episode 2.
Would I get in trouble for saying Orbitus 2 is my favourite so far?
Letni's also kinda cool, with its it's blackandwhitejazzulators. Or whatever they're called.

JCF Member

May 14, 2004, 11:43 AM
Btw, just because Orbitus 2 is really hard doesnt mean its horrible. You people just give up too easily, the harder the level is, the longer it will take you to beat it, and the longer you'll play the game.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

May 14, 2004, 02:07 PM
^^^

I don't think Orbitus is horrible, I think It's really nice looking, and plays well - gameplay wise. That area just throws me off completely, and raises my anger level, because I have no patience at all. That's why, maybe if it was a bit easier or not placed in the level, I would not have to choose it as my least favorite.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005
TaZaR

JCF Member

TaZaR is doing well so far

May 14, 2004, 08:21 PM
orbitus 2

Orbitus 2 is a nice level too, I think becouse it's really hard and need to work more than others to complete it... =)

http://projectx.fateback.com/
Spotinik

JCF Member

Spotinik is doing well so far

May 15, 2004, 05:54 AM
Worst JJ1 Levels: I can't choose which is the worst out of Deserto,Medivo(if that's what it was called.I forgot.), and Orbitus. But if I had to choose one, I'd say Orbitus. and then Deserto. >O I could never beat all of JJ1 because of Orbitus. And I had to skip to the next level.sux.
Best JJ1 Levels: The old diamondus and tubelectric.

Worst JJ2 Level: The carrotus ones...the colors and the music of those have always driven me insane, and after I beat those the first time, the next time I played SP I skipped those carrotus levels. Oh, and Funky Gorillas too.
Best JJ2 Level: Electric Buggalo. I've always loved the music of that one, and Bad Pitt.=)

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

May 25, 2004, 12:32 AM
I don't remember JJ1

Best JJ2: ...hm... I remember I mostly loved the second beach level. I think because it was hard, had good eyecandy and I like the endboss. Also the lvl is kinda original (water was something other) and those wind events work very cool underwater
Worst JJ2: ..hm..I don't like the CTF levels...and Diamondus Act 2 was also very annoying (you don't need the morph crate, Pepperspray is kinda useless, I did not understand the text signs and if you get into the bonus room you get attacked by those annoying bees.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 25, 2004, 12:42 AM
I have changed my mind. HH98 level 2 is my new favorite.

JCF Veteran

May 25, 2004, 07:41 AM
That one stinks for me, Violet.
Bjossi

JCF Member

Bjossi has disabled reputation

May 28, 2004, 04:23 AM
I hated these levels with the smoke that makes Jazz dizzy.
D4shRed

JCF Member

D4shRed has disabled reputation

Jun 13, 2004, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjossi
I hated these levels with the smoke that makes Jazz dizzy.

Psych 1 and 2 :P! Um well..

Fav JJ1: Bonus levels! And some sort of Lego land... I don't know, but it was with lego...
Worst JJ1: The trees one, I don't know how its called.

Fav JJ2: Diamondus and Bad Pitt
Worst JJ2: 14 Carrots and Salad Toss... I hate them... The music is kind of horrible too IMO!

Last edited by Arti; Jun 15, 2004 at 06:47 AM.