Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz 1 troubleshooting

welly321

JCF Member

welly321 is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2002, 04:18 AM
Jazz 1 troubleshooting

Hey i can play jazz2 fine on my comp but when i try to run jazz1 i get a runtime error...does any1 know how to fix this. BTW i tried using a boot disk then running it also tried running it from dos. It didnt work. Thanks in advance

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2002, 04:25 AM
I don't know the answer to your question, which makes me wonder why I'm replying to your post.

Oh well. Sorry. I guess you'll need to pour coffee all over your motherboard or spit on the monitor screen. Then there's the other option of pouring fire all over your pants and swearing a lot.

Glad I could help.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>
VeggieMan

JCF Member

VeggieMan is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2002, 04:36 AM
Spaztic always helps

L33T
LIEK
JEFF K.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2002, 04:40 AM
Yes, I try. I don't try very hard, but - I try. I guess.

Derby: Subtle filter bypass edit.
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;

Last edited by Derby; Nov 19, 2002 at 12:02 PM.

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2002, 05:19 AM
See these three articles:

http://www.jazz2online.com/articles/view.php?id=17

http://www.jazz2online.com/articles/view.php?id=133

http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/jazztech.htm#rte
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

welly321

JCF Member

welly321 is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2002, 05:24 AM
THX

Hey link thanks! i got it to work!
Sun Fun Dude

JCF Member

Sun Fun Dude has disabled reputation

Nov 19, 2002, 07:54 PM
You really should post qestions like this in tech help.

JCF Member

Haze is doing well so far

Nov 20, 2002, 02:45 AM
Good thing you posted those links, Link. You've helped me discover a grave error in that page.
For those still interested in the FAQ, read it here .

JCF Member

MrGuru is doing well so far

Dec 3, 2002, 07:10 PM
Wow. I'm like the biggest Jazz 1 fan on Earth, and I keep trying to get it to work on my computer. I have XP, and a 900 mhz processor. I also keep getting the Runtime error 200. So if this works, it will make me happy.

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Dec 3, 2002, 07:19 PM
You will need to get the speed reducing software if TPPatch does not work for you. Read the articles listed above.

JCF Member

Dec 3, 2002, 07:33 PM
Wait, wait. What do you mean? Like MoSlo? I'm not sure I understand.

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Dec 3, 2002, 07:35 PM
A program that is able to reduce your clock speed (I think MoSlo is one.) JJ1 only runs if the CPU is detected to be below a certain clock speed.

JCF Member

Dec 3, 2002, 08:19 PM
Yay! It works! I'm so happy! WHEE!!! The only complaint I have is that the awesome music is all skippy and really slow. (sound too) is there anyway to fix that? I use tppatch, btw.

JCF Member

Killmaster is doing well so far

Dec 16, 2002, 02:09 PM
Hello, I've been interested in all things Jazz as of late, and thought that you people would be interested in getting Jazz1 to work without using CPU slowing software. There are a few things you will need, but overall it's not that hard. Here's what I did for JAZZ CD:

1.) Go here and grab this: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/showthread.php?threadid=93

2.) After downloading it, place it in your JAZZ directory and open a command window to that directory. Make a copy of file0001.exe before going to the next step.

3.) Type this (no quotes of course) "ctbppat file0001.exe"

4.) It should give you some stuff, just press Y to everything and you should be ok.

5.) JAZZ should now run, but there will be sound problems if you're using Win2000 or XP. To fix this, get VDMsound: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound/ It would probably be a good idea to get the update as well - http://vdmsound.sourceforge.net/file....4.update1.zip

6.) For convenience's sake, get the VDMsound launchpad: http://vdmsound.sourceforge.net/file...d.v1.0.0.7.zip

After installing the launchpad, you can make a shortcut straight to the game with VDMS. To do this, simply right click on JAZZ.exe and select the "Run with VDMS" that has a music note next to it. Just choose the default configuration, then hit next. On the next screen, check "Add a shortcut to my desktop", then finish. The game will run, and you should now have a pretty icon on your desktop.
MrGuru

JCF Member

Dec 17, 2002, 02:55 PM
Wow! Thanks! It works awesome! Music yeahhhhhhhhhh

JCF Member

Nadine has disabled reputation

Dec 18, 2002, 01:38 PM
This topic was already in the technical forum, and I provided the same directions as killmaster, and at the same place: VOGONS. But, I am still working on it.

My sound/music is much improved but not perfect. The default settings in VDMSound do not work well for me. I have Sound Blaster 5.1. But what settings should I set so that the music does not slow down at parts? It's uneven. And what do I select in the setup options? Sound Blaster Pro or 16? Then I pick the highest quality playback. I wonder if anyone can help me with this if you have the exact same OS and sound card as me. If you want more details on my problem you can read this thread .

I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Tasty.....