Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

A senseless topic about my pack

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Feb 1, 2003, 04:27 PM
A senseless topic about my pack

Some of you may know i am making a level pack. The level pack is one of those level packs like the episode by blade and willie, but my pack has a story line. I have listened to your past advice, such as making the levels more easier and longer, and used it in this pack. Some levels may be hard, and are reccomended to play in easy mode. Most of the levels are as well really long, and are fun to play. Some music is included, why i will probably upload to another place and give you the URL for it, because of the file size. I found the music after searching through some sites, and the credits for the music are included. It took me a while to find the right music track, so dont critisize me for it. There is a story line, which i will soon tell you, as well as a map which i by myself drew (once you see the map, you will know why I never uploaded a tileset), but you will see the map once i uploaded the levelpack onto J2O, which will be in a few months. Also, if any of you want to beta test my levelpack, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me on JCF, and i will reply as soon as I can. The story line is as follows:
*Small note to remember: The rabbit you are playing for (Jazz/Spaz/Lori) isnt the rabbit in the story. The rabbit in the story is some lonely rabbit living in a small shack in the country side near the castle of Garthildor. His name depends on what you want him to be named, but to avoid confusion, he will be refered to as Blackraptor rabbit.
*Small note so you can understand things more easily: The castle of Garthildor is where the king rabbit lives. The king rabbit rules the area where the rabbit lives, and he is a nice and trustworthy king. He also holds the ring of power (semi LotR rip off) which can give anyone who holds it superior power IF they read the sacred dialect found in an egyptian tomb.
The story:

Once a dreary afternoon, thy rabbit was sitting in his cozy home drinking some freshly brewed tea, when hooves were heard outside his door. Thy rabbit opened it and in surprise, there on a black horse was one of the kings knights. The knight looked worn out and weary, as if he had just escaped from a brutal attack.
He gasped and told the rabbit, "The castle of Garthildor has been invaded by our foes from Sordon, the kingdom is held captive, you must help us!"
With those last words, the knight collapsed of his horse. He had gotten a severe seizure and didnt make it.
It was up to the rabbit now, he must stop the evil creatures of sordon from invading the castle. The rabbit had taken the knights armor, and repaired it. The rabbit put on the armor, took the knights sword, and set off towards the castle.
__________________________________________________ ____

Theres the story, more of it will uncover later in the game.
Anyways, so far im done 3 main levels, and 1 bonus levels. Not only that, but the level has more than one "mission"
For example: Once you've cleared the castle, the king will tell you that the enemies took the ring of power with them. The king will agree to use magic to warp you to the desert (where the tomb is located, which is most likely where the ring is being taken), but a Super Gem is required to perform the spell, and the supergem is found in the sacred forest etc.
So far the levelpack is going good, i think i will be done around April or May.

I will post progress here, and suggestions/comments/advice/plea for beta-testing is welcome here. I will try to use all of your suggerstions for the pack, and i *may* post screenies, but highly unlikely.
__________________________________________________ ___
Well, another useless topic, lets see how long it will take for someone to reply to it

JCF Member

Feb 2, 2003, 02:02 PM
I also forgot to mention that the levels keep getting harder, so all those lives and powerups you've found in the easier levels might justc\ come in handy

OMG NOBODY REPLIED TO IT IN SEVERAL HOURS LET IT RAIN GROUNDHOGS!!!!!!111

JCF Member

Feb 9, 2003, 09:00 AM
Making progress, abput 25% of the 4th level is done (this level is really big, about 360x65 or something)
Not only that, but i already have a picture in my head of what the next 2 levels will look like.
Once the pack is done, i will be in need of some beta testers, so you can private message me if you want to test my pack (be sure to mention if you want to test my pack right now how it is so far, or once i've finished it. Thnx plz

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Feb 9, 2003, 09:58 AM
I WANT TO BETA TEST PLZ THX =))) I'll add you to my ICQ, AIM, or whatever you have..

JCF Member

Feb 9, 2003, 12:54 PM
Sure ninja. Do you want to beta test it in its current state ( 3 levels and 1 bonus done) or when its finished?