Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

JJRPG

MaSaMuNe LegenD

JCF Member

MaSaMuNe LegenD is doing well so far

Dec 3, 2004, 09:18 AM
JJRPG

If you want, I can make a Jazz Jackrabbit RPG....I'll do all the programming, but I need a few graphic designers, and a whole developers team, but I can create one. Post if u want it:P

Staff:

President: Sephiroth
-------------------
Programmer: Sephiroth
Programmer: ?????
-------------------
Charictor Designer:?????
Building Designer: ?????
Scenery Designer: ?????
-------------------
Beta Tester: ?????

Last edited by MaSaMuNe LegenD; Dec 5, 2004 at 06:33 AM.
merder

JCF Member

merder has disabled reputation

Dec 4, 2004, 01:08 AM
Smile i would like to see more of it

looks interesting(i'm a big rpg fan) though i'm not the best in graphics i can help with debugging i also am a good level designer(thats wat a lot say about my fan games though i havent build a jazz jackrabit fangame jet).

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Dec 4, 2004, 09:14 AM
Do make it. I love rpgs, too. Unfortunately, I can't help with the graphics, as I'm more than busy enough with my own stuff.... sorry.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Dec 4, 2004, 11:48 AM
What engine will you be using? Or will this be built from scratch?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Dec 4, 2004, 02:35 PM
$5 it'll use RPGM2K or RPGM2K3.
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Dec 4, 2004, 08:09 PM
I've wanted to make a JJRPG in RPGM2K, (it's the only way I know how to make an RPG) but the Jazz universe as it is simply couldn't carry an RPG: there are too few characters and too thin a plot. Yes, Mario gets RPGs, but by this point (and even when Legend of the Seven Stars was released) Mario has a colossal cast of characters and its more whimsical nature allows it to be an RPG without much of a plot. (Except PM2. That game really surprised me.)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 4, 2004, 08:21 PM
I doubt that very much. Come on, give me a problem with the universe to knock down.

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Dec 4, 2004, 08:24 PM
It's not really a problem with the universe itself: there's just not enough of it. To make a decent RPG, we'd have to create so many characters ourselves we might as well call it "A Bunch of Community Created Characters RPG, co-starring Jazz Jackrabbit!".

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 4, 2004, 08:28 PM
Well, it wouldn't make sense for everyone in the game to be someone Jazz knows personally. Look at JJA, that had lots of random secondary characters (held captive by the Saurians, I believe), and that never gave the impression that it starred anyone other than Jazz. Besides, as long as the creator didn't go overboard with the characters (this guy shows up in the background of a bar once in the game, but I gave him six pages of backstory, five different weapons and the coolest outfit ever!"), there's no problem with creating rabbits or whatever.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 4, 2004, 08:34 PM
If he's going to use an RPG Maker program, he should at least use RPGMXP. It's a LOT better than the previous ones and only slightly more illegal.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
MaSaMuNe LegenD

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2004, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin
$5 it'll use RPGM2K or RPGM2K3.
I could either use RPG Maker, or I could use Sphere. Sphere is an engine that uses C++, but it has the basic core impemented already in the game. Of course, after all this time, I forgot most of my programming knowledge, so I would have to learn it again. Also, we need at least 3 artists that are good at Photoshop, 3DSMAX, Bryce 5, or any other good programs. First off, we need to create a story. If you want, send your story ideas to richarddragonheart@yahoo.com. I could also use help programming if anyone knows how to use C/C++.

Also, at the 1st post, I added the staff. Post here if you want to join the staff.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 5, 2004, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSaMuNe LegenD
I could either use RPG Maker, or I could use Sphere. Sphere is an engine that uses C++, but it has the basic core impemented already in the game. Of course, after all this time, I forgot most of my programming knowledge, so I would have to learn it again. Also, we need at least 3 artists that are good at Photoshop, 3DSMAX, Bryce 5, or any other good programs. First off, we need to create a story. If you want, send your story ideas to richarddragonheart@yahoo.com. I could also use help programming if anyone knows how to use C/C++.

Also, at the 1st post, I added the staff. Post here if you want to join the staff.
Forgive me for being forever pessimistic, but this doesn't add up to much of anything.
First of all, 3D Max? For an RPGMaker, or even a Sphere game? Even Bryce and maybe even Photoshop seem to be overkill in this situation.
This project isn't going to take off. The obvious reason is that, as of now, it does not exist. There is no plot, no team, and at this point you aren't even sure how it will be made. More than anything, this seems to be an idea. "Let's create a Jazz RPG". While I don't know your qualifications, I think you'll learn there's a little more to game design than that.

MaSaMuNe LegenD

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2004, 08:23 AM
Of course theres more to game design, but thats why I need a staff. :P If I could get enough people interested in this, I could create the game though, I know I can. Or, I can use the CUBE engine and create a 1st person like JJ3.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 5, 2004, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Of course theres more to game design, but thats why I need a staff. :P If I could get enough people interested in this, I could create the game though, I know I can. Or, I can use the CUBE engine and create a 1st person like JJ3.
Yeah, but my point is that you have very little material to start on. People would be more encouraged to help if they could see past work you have done or if you had a good basis for the game already designed, so only art and programming needed to be completed.

JCF Member

Risp_old is doing well so far

Dec 5, 2004, 10:40 AM
Also, I would think it would help if people knew what the game is going to be like, so they would know what to expect and if they want to help.
MaSaMuNe LegenD

JCF Member

Dec 6, 2004, 04:23 AM
Well, what would get people motivated? Should I show some screenshots of the Sphere engine, or what? I havent thought of the story completely, but I got an idea about it. If you have any story ideas, email them to richarddragonheart@yahoo.com. What would motivate people?

Cube engine: http://wouter.fov120.com/files/pix/sse/cube.jpg
Download Sphere: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/s...0.exe?download

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Dec 6, 2004, 05:52 AM
Sorry, I'd love to help but I'm busy with my own stuff.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 6, 2004, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Well, what would get people motivated? Should I show some screenshots of the Sphere engine, or what?
No, you should probably show us what you've done (I'm assuming you're the one leading this project). As is none of us even know if you've ever written a game or story before. If you have some very good past work, people will be more likely to help you.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Dec 6, 2004, 09:34 AM
Put me down as a beta tester

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 6, 2004, 10:43 AM
Me too. Unless I have to pay.

About the characters:
No need to create many new ones! Just create a sort of Jazz Jackrabbit universe with rabbits and other creatures going about their lives. Keep the official characters, add some new baddies and allies and the rest can be just... people on the streets. Get it?
MaSaMuNe LegenD

JCF Member

Dec 6, 2004, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
No, you should probably show us what you've done (I'm assuming you're the one leading this project). As is none of us even know if you've ever written a game or story before. If you have some very good past work, people will be more likely to help you.
Sorry, information about my past is confidential. But, if you wanna betatest, u gotta help me find some artists/programmers.:P
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Dec 6, 2004, 01:10 PM
I can do some character designs, concept art, and some spriting. I think I can pull up a Roger rabbit RMXP Charset I did a while back.
I suggest using RMXP. Its an amazing 'little' engine with very little things holding you back from making an amazing RPG.

Edit- Hope this works:

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 6, 2004, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Sorry, information about my past is confidential. But, if you wanna betatest, u gotta help me find some artists/programmers.:P
... no, you're missing my point completely. I will consider beta testing once the game exists or I feel confident it will exist.

MaSaMuNe LegenD

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2004, 12:29 PM
Well, thats MY point, Im only making this for the community, not because I want to. If the community isnt interested, theres no point in this project.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 7, 2004, 02:18 PM
We're not interested because we don't believe there will be a project. You need to show that you have the ability to create something that we would be interested in.
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=6417 < -- Read that topic, or at least the first page. Notice that when Radium asked for help, he got it. How? He showed that he was working on something, plus he had made many other enjoyable products in the past. Even a small sample of your work will help convince people to help you in this.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 7, 2004, 08:59 PM
Ironically, that project never got finished, either. Or to a state near to being finished. Or even near to such a state.
*cough*

JCF Member

Dec 9, 2004, 09:16 AM
Well, right now im working on 3DS Max 6, and im learning how to make houses, charictors, ect. Once I finish my training, i'll show u guys some pictures of the charictors for examples. But, of course, I cant do all the art myself, but that'll help get u guys motivated. UR, if u know how to use C/C++, contact me on MSN, and we'll work something out.:P If not, I could find u a paying job for programming skills, if u want.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 11, 2004, 09:21 AM
Wait, you're alive?

JCF Member

Dec 11, 2004, 12:07 PM
OHNOS Angelfire.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Dec 12, 2004, 03:03 AM
Copy&paste the urls into your browser.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 12, 2004, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fquist
Copy&paste the urls into your browser.
And don't copy the ellipsis. I made that mistake.

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Dec 12, 2004, 09:22 AM
BOOS.

Can't you just do pixel art and be a man?
MaSaMuNe LegenD

JCF Member

Dec 15, 2004, 09:03 AM
Thats made by...RPG Maker, which creates limits to all the functions. You cant really make a good RPG with that program, only a beginner one. Also, the graphics are VERY limited, so.....it would be good 4 1990s, but this is 2005, soon. Also, creating too much codes that run at the same time[Night/Day, special skills, ect] would lag a slow computer.

JCF Member

Dec 15, 2004, 09:57 AM
http://www.rtsoft.com/dink/

This is a freeware RPG, Dink Smallwood. Why am I posting this link here, is because it's very customizable. It's sprite and tileset based, and features more cRPG battle style. You can make your own sprites, sounds, music (midi only), tilesets, scripts, even edit the game's root. I heard somebody made an arkanoid game from Dink Smallwood! There are tons of DMODs (directories with custom quests packed with DFArc) here.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Dec 15, 2004, 05:24 PM
Meh RPG Maker XP has graphics that rival some of the pixel games today. And you aren't limtied to what you can do, or at least the limits are very small. (Plus it allows OGG and MP3 music forma and JPG image format, and no sprite size limits)

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 16, 2004, 02:34 AM
The game itself is not quite appropriate for all ages, though, and moreso many of the mods out for it. Just noting.

JCF Member

Jan 11, 2005, 03:29 AM
RPG Maker has OLD graphics. What im talking about is a GOOD game.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jan 11, 2005, 09:19 AM
There is, of course, the possibility of getting RPG Maker 2004 or RPG Maker XP or to make graphics yourself, but who would think of that?

( Besides that one of the very best custom games I ever played was made with RPG Maker 2000, the best was made with RPGM2k4.... )

JCF Member

merder has disabled reputation

Jan 12, 2005, 03:03 AM
or you could try using Zelda Classic tohugh still in beta testing it's already pretty powrful .
the link is www.zeldaclassic.com it is a zelda remake but you can make the hero look like a jackrabbit if you edit his graphics.