Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

more router problems. bleh.

cpt.firefox

JCF Member

cpt.firefox is doing well so far

Sep 22, 2002, 10:36 AM
more router problems. bleh.

okies, I'm having some problems with my internet games. I suspect my router to be it. I'm able to enter a server, but only for about 20 seconds. I can host servers, but no one enters them. I'm willing to believe that it's "pinging", as with most servers with routers. I have contacted my friend 4I Falcon, and he told me to forward some of the ports on my router. He has done so on his own computer (thx Link! -- 4IF), and he can host and join servers normally. However, I don't have a LinkSYS router like he does, and therefore cannot forward the ports as easily as he did. Here's my comp stats:

PC: Pentium Celeron 1GHz
Internet Connection: Cable
Router: CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

If someone could tell me how to forward ports with my router, I'd be very grateful. Also, if you need any other information, I'll provide it ASAP.

Thanks a lot.

CFF

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Sep 22, 2002, 10:45 AM
That isn't a router. That is your network adapter that is inside your computer (Fast Ethernet Adapter).

But anyways, to get into the configuration screen for routers, you usually go to an address in your web browser, such as http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.0

After that it will ask you for a password. I would really recommend that you ask someone else in your household how to do it. Ask whoever set up the router\network. Because they are the one who knows how to configure it, what the password is, and where the manual is. We here at the JCF can only help you so much, and tell you what to do. We can't tell you how to do it because everyone has different configurations.

Just make sure you forward ports 10052-10054 to the IP address of the computer you want to play JJ2 on.
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt