Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Just finished some new stuff. AMVs =D

NovaStar

JCF Member

NovaStar is doing well so far

Nov 4, 2006, 09:27 PM
Just finished some new stuff. AMVs =D

In case you don't know what AMVs are, Anime Music Videos is your answer. Yes, YouTube, evil evil evil! I had nowhere else to put them, so enjoy... while you can... MUAHAHAHAHAHA! Eh, post-Halloween hyperness.

http://www.youtube.com/innocencerealms

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Nov 5, 2006, 12:46 AM
When I first read the title of this thread, I was like "yay" and stuff. Then I saw that you made it and that that could only mean Sailor Moon AMVs. Sorry. ;/

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 5, 2006, 04:10 AM
There are only a few things I hate more than AMV's. Only very few. To me it's intellectually raping other's work.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 5, 2006, 04:38 AM
.........that's a very awkward position. I've seen AMVs so great they could as well be sold officially along with the actual anime. They are a form of art. ...well, if done artistically, I guess.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 5, 2006, 04:40 AM
To me it's just dubbing random anime segments with good songs making the whole thing 10 times as bad as the original music video.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 5, 2006, 04:46 AM
Then you probably haven't seen any really good ones. Sorry.

Administrator

Nov 5, 2006, 04:55 AM
it no problem m8

So, if you feel so sorry about it, would you be so kind to link me to a few "good" ones?

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 5, 2006, 05:02 AM
Hmm, I got my AMVs from animemusicvideos.org in good quality, but you need to sign up there to download anything. But thanks to Google, I can still show you the one that used to be the top rated on the site for a pretty long time.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=euphoria+amv

Administrator

Nov 5, 2006, 05:19 AM
In my opinion,

That video is so overproduced that the story behind it is lost in a giant waterfall of half-second-long clips and flickering lights. I did not see an apparent connection between the music and the song, except the viewpoint/clip changing on the beat of the music - I was actually looking for it, but the only thing I noticed was a clip of someone sleeping when the singer said "dream". It's nicely produced, sure, but I still can't make more of it than the aforementioned random anime segments dubbed with a song.

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 5, 2006, 06:04 AM
Hmm, I guess in most cases you'd have to know the anime itself beforehand to understand the significance of certain scenes... well, I guess opinions differ. I have an AMV containing an insane number of clips from many different anime that are seemingly completely random, arranged to the song Best Of You ( I think? ) by Foo Fighter, and despite the randomness, it's one of the most beautiful things I know because it seems like a collage of the whole spectrum of life to me.
Different mindsets, I suppose.

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Nov 6, 2006, 07:08 AM
What an interesting dialouge. I agree with Faw; there are good AMVs, and bad AMVs, many, many, many more bad AMVs than good. Sadly, this is one of the latter. Faw's one was much better, though not the best I have seen.

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Nov 6, 2006, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn
To me it's just dubbing random anime segments with good songs making the whole thing 10 times as bad as the original music video.
I use to think that, too. Then I saw the AMV Hell trilogy, and now I know there are at least three good AMVs out there.

JCF Member

Hareoic is doing well so far

Nov 7, 2006, 05:12 PM
AMV Hell is more of a collection than a single AMV.

JCF Member

ThunderPX is doing well so far

Nov 9, 2006, 11:31 AM
I once saw this giant AMV of 50 minutes or so based on this giant mix of bad '90s dance music. O_O

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 9, 2006, 12:03 PM
<333333

JCF Member

Doubble Dutch is doing well so far

Nov 9, 2006, 06:41 PM
Some people have too much spare time.

nonne amicus certus in re incerta cernitur?

/)_/)
(^.^)
((")(")