Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Dragons Amulet I: Rise of the Dragon

Tha Psycho

JCF Member

Tha Psycho is doing well so far

Aug 9, 2001, 02:44 PM
Monday,

It all started with a great fall of rain. Water was waving from left and right. Everybody was hiding in their houses and only few people had the courage to stay outside, on the annual year market. Encouraging eachother to come outside, they walked through the door and stepped into the world. I couldn't stand being one of them cowards staying at home and stepped into the rainy daylight. Everything seemed to be different that day. The weather made everybody fast irritated and it looked like these strange habits would last forever. I stood there, down by the running contests and saw half sweated people run for their lives, through the wet grass of our footballfield. A man fell down and everybody thought he slipped. Nobody except me believed he really saw a creature flying in the air. A creature described with wings a long neck and spitting fire with every breathe he took. We all went inside drinking alcohol, pondering about all sorts of things. One of them was the creature the man saw. Was it fact or fiction? Nobody knew and the last thing i remembered was thinking about before i went to sleep. Many questions and thoughts, but i slept eventually.

Tuesday,

The second day of the week. I woke up and saw the sun shining. The ground was still wet, but all the water was slowly melting in the hot sun. My dad woke me up and told me he and my mum went ot the market. I had to watch over my little sister Suzy. I waved them goodbye and walked through the room. There was my little sister. We didn't really know whom it was, but we kinda adopted it. My thoughts wondered away and in a flash i saw a creature flying in my mind. I could picture it like the creature the man saw. It was a monster. The moment was disturbed by the bell. I opened the door and saw the same guy again. He was covered with sweat. I offered him a chair and something to drink. He refused the drink but took the chair and began to talk. His words all poiting to the creature, calling it a dragon. I heard about this creature before, but this was the last straw. I had to know more and he told me there was a place we could find them. At first, i didn't quite believe him. He said i had to think it over and he left quickly. I watched the chair and tried to get back in the moment. Nothing helped.

Wednesday,

All night long i had thought about the man and his story of the dragon. I actually dreamed about it. A dream turning in to a nightmare i didn't want to see. I talked it over with my parents and they said it was all nonsense. Dragons were made up to scare the people. I went to the library and the woman helped me with the books. They agve me books of dragons. Fascinated as i were i read them all over. My mind went all clear and i could really palce myself in them. The whole day i had spent reading those books and i wanted to sleep. When i got home i went straight to bed. I looked through my window, staring at the stars. In a sudden glimp i saw something flying in the air. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw a dark creature. It's shadow above our city and cicling around the mountain. That moment i knew it, i had to find the dragon. This night i slept well, no thought or problem on my mind. Dreaming about the creature called the dragon. A picture that was put in my mind, forever.

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Aug 9, 2001, 03:09 PM
Spookay.. >

`Ducky

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Aug 9, 2001, 05:04 PM
Not bad considering it's diary format
Tha Psycho

JCF Member

Aug 10, 2001, 02:25 AM
It ain't all diary

Only the first week, then the step from diary to story will come and everything will change.
Avalanche [Rage of Evil]

JCF Member

Avalanche [Rage of Evil] is doing well so far

Aug 10, 2001, 02:38 AM
Kewl story sofar, Psych

Dragons are pretty cool
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Aug 18, 2001, 07:30 PM
Dragons roOl!
Tha Psycho

JCF Member

Aug 19, 2001, 12:59 PM
Thursday:

Today i woke up with a strange feeling. The sun was glowing and i looked straight in it. Wit my hands i rubbed my eyes and looked the other way. In a flash i saw a dragon, circling around a mountain. Immediatly when i came back to reality i realised my obsession for the creature. Thursday, it was and Thursday always means i had to go to my grandparents. My grandparents lived behind the mountains and i had the feeling i would see a glimp of a dragon. Every sign of them would satisfy me today. There i walked, all alone, because my dad had to go to work and my mum babysitting Suzy. This was the first day i walked the mountains alone and the climbing was very tough. When i reached the top, i had the feeling i wouldn't make it to my family. I looked around and thought i saw a dragon. It was my imagination playing on me and i hurried to my grandparents. I told them all of the so called Dragons and they didn't seem to believe me. However, the conversation took longer than thought and they decided i should stick there for the night. So i did.

Friday:

This day was very weird. I woke up and like always i looked out the window and i saw changes. Everything outside was covered in a blanket of white, cold snow. In the middle of summer, i might add. At first i thought i was dreaming, but when i slapped myself in the face, i saw it clear. Snow in the summer, the impossibble happened. All day i knew i heard of this kind of day before. Then it flashed through my mind and i suddenly knew where i saw it. In my book of Dragons i had seen a page with the description of a sudden change of weather. I began to think and knew i was thinking and talking about the Dragons Night. The 'famous' night before the true rise fo the dragon. The night the dragon would wake up from the never and prove his existance. This Friday i returned to home with my Grandpa leading me in such cold weather. He was afraid i wouldn't make it. There we walked and we had to rest for a night. On Dragons Night.

Saturday:

Probably the most terrible day of my life. When i opened my eyes this morning, i saw the snow melting. Half asleep i walked to my grandpa and asked him to wake up. I didn't hear an answer and very scared i looked at him. I listened to his heart and did every other thing that could give me a sign of living. He wasn;t breathing and i realised he wasn't strong enough for the snow. I saw he had lent me his coat to keep me warm. I was still wearing the thing. I didn't know where to go. Home or to my grandma. I decided to go home with the lifeless body of my granddad. At home i told my parents, crying, how my grandfathers lifeline had ended. We prayed for him, but nothing brought him back. I wathed my grandfather and he seemd to move an inch. I knew it was my own imagination and went to bed. I coulnd't sleep. When i wanted to open a window i kept staring to the stars. A shadow came upon me. I noticed from its form that i was dealing with a dragon. The dragon was falling from the sky and crushed into a house near us. People died, but all i could think of was the dragon. The creature died and i had to stay at home of my parents. I had to sleep so i did, eventually.
Coppertop

Aug 21, 2001, 04:47 PM
*sob*

Nifty, Psycho.

JCF Member

Aug 22, 2001, 06:10 AM
*tears* How touching

`Ducky

JCF Member

Aug 22, 2001, 07:21 AM
Sunday:

I woke up to see my grandfather for the last time. People were surrounding his coffin and i don't want to see this. These seven days were confusing and i still can't get that Dragon out of my head. That feeling that day made me crawl up from the dirt and go to the mountains. It froze and i know it could be my death. I'm writing at this very moment on this very cold Sunday and i have to tell you that i am seeing things you have never seen. Some creature is circling aroudn me and there are flashing images in my mind whom i can't quite understand. It is coming for me and tell my parents...

'These were the seven days of a guy named Nick Orlando. His lifeless body was found in the deep cold caves of our highest mountain, the great Dragon's Peak. Ironically he died at that place, cause he was always fond of the dragons. It was has his life and now they've taken him. A boy with a pure heart and soul. We need him, and somewhere we know he is watching over us. The Dragon was watching over, but now the dragon died and he did. So here we are, family and friends. I wish you all much strength for the coming days and years', The Preacher said. All of Nick's relatives were standing at his grave and laid flowers on it. His tombstone said these words:

'Nick, the dragon unleashed, the wounds healed, hopefully the one for you too...someday'

Everybody walked away, comforting eachother. A man kept staring at the grave and spoke. 'Nick, it was nice to meet someone with the same intrests for dragons as i have. I will help you in this way and find the amulet to bring you and the dragon back to life. I found a book full of wise words to help me. I will return. Don't know when, but i will. Bye and good luck'
SlaYer

Banned

SlaYer is doing well so far

Aug 23, 2001, 08:58 AM
cool story bro

Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Aug 23, 2001, 06:26 PM
And the plot begins...

JCF Member

Aug 24, 2001, 07:18 AM
oLeY, groovular. Sigh. I dream of writing spiffy like you chaps.

`Ducky

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2001, 01:32 AM
The next day the sun nicely coloured the mountains in its glow and people were out early Except for a small group of people, the family of Nick Orlando. The same man as yesterday was at home, packing his bags. 'Hunny, you aren't going to do stupid Dragon stuff, are you? Please, we've talked this over. Please let go of the bag. Yesterday was just a coincidence. Please don't go, Douglas. PLEASE!'. The man named Douglas turned around and faced his wife. 'There are many paths that lead to the end of life, but i know a road that is long and colourful. I'm about to make a journey to make our lives longer and bring back the boy and the dragon both. Both, i tell you'. She stared at her husband, crying. 'What purpose has it to live longer? You can't heal the dead. It's meant to be, Douglas. You can't change what is already done. Nobody can.' Douglas walked to his wife and kissed her passionately. He walked on and left the house. Before he walked out of the door, he turned his head. For the last time he looked at his wife. A tear was rolling over his cheeks. He turned back and left the house. He was gone, maybe never to return. The last chat he actually had was shortened. To stop a conversation is to cut the tongue, and he did it. He didn't have a cold heart, but he thought he was destined to do this. He walked to the mountains. A long road was ahead, a road of mixed feelings.
Tha Psycho

JCF Member

Aug 25, 2001, 02:40 PM
People, i've got a choice for you...i've been thinking to elt this story get more violent through the chapters. He will find dead bodies and stuff.

Is it ok with yall or should this have a proper ending and stuff (not that i feel like it)
Coppertop

Aug 27, 2001, 04:51 PM
*shrugs*

I don't care, someone else might, though.

*screams loudly for more*
Avalanche [Rage of Evil]

JCF Member

Avalanche [Rage of Evil] is doing well so far

Aug 27, 2001, 10:04 PM
VIOLENCE!!....i mean fiction on violence :P
Tha Psycho

JCF Member

Aug 28, 2001, 07:26 AM
HARD TIME IT IS (though i have to censor a couple of things)
GuMmYBeAr!

JCF Member

GuMmYBeAr! is doing well so far

Aug 29, 2001, 07:37 AM
YaY *screams louder dan coppertop for more*
Tha Psycho

JCF Member

Aug 29, 2001, 07:56 AM
Storm set and Douglas felt there was some lightning coming up. Despite that these were reasons to return to home, he kept climbing. Every second was a second higher. Higher and most times it became colder with every feet higher he went. Walking this mountain was as hard as the ice he almost slipped out on. Every move he made could be his last. He tried to shake that thought out of his head and moved on to the top. Wind was a dangerous enemy he had to fight right now. Disturbed by this, he began to breath deeply. After this ritual he set foot back on the mountain and went on with his business. Though exhausted and almost out of air, he reached the top. When he set his last foot, he saw something he never saw before. Most of the snow was coloured red and he walked through it. He bumped upon something. Not knowing what this strange sounding oject was, he dig a hole in the red coloured snow. When he reached the object he wiped the snow of it. Then it popped into his mind and he understood what he was dealing with. In his hand were the bones of an arm of a person. He quickly let loose of it and noticed it. The whole top of the mountain was covered with bodies of dead persons, fresh and old. A graveyard with loosened bodyparts and ripped off heads all over it. Douglas saw by the way the people were cruelly murdered, that this was the work of something inhuman. The first thing that came into his mind that moment was that this was the work of a dragon. 'How could this be?', he was asking himself frequently. He sat down by a body of a kid. With a cold face, but a warm heart he was thinking. He knew it wasn't smart to keep staying there and wanted to move on. Before that he gabbed his bag and opened it. He felt with his hand in the bag till he got something. His hand came out with a sharp knife in it. 'Survival here will be harder than thought. Got to watch my step here', he was saying in himself. He stood up and walked on. It didn't take long before he found a new reason to go on. A shadow was overwhelming him and he knew one thing: he had to run as quickly as possible, and far away. He tried to get away, but fell into the snow. He was practicly burried int he snow, face to face with the corpse of a man. Their eyes met and Douglas was scared as never before. He kept still in the hope the dragon wouldn't notice him between the bodies. He heard a scream. A dillemma: what should he do? He tried to think clear and make a decision.

Rumbo Rabbit

JCF Member

Rumbo Rabbit is doing well so far

Aug 31, 2001, 07:44 AM
Excellent, no doubt about it! I love it. It must be in Story Central. Oh yeah it is lol