Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Connection sharing with XP

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jan 30, 2003, 01:58 PM
Connection sharing with XP

I've read that Internet sharing on a network for WindowsXP is built in, meaning you wouldn't need any additional software. Is this true? If so, would all I have to is select to share the ISP on the server, and change all the IPs to 192.168.0.*?

Currently at my home we use WinProxy to share the connection, but it is always crashing or causing problems, and playing games isn't possible. If the above paragraph is true, would I be able to play Jazz2 without having to mess around with port forwarding or whatever?

I'm rather clueless here...so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Jan 30, 2003, 07:05 PM
I've tried connection sharing before with XP (actually, it wasn't XP but it was the exact same software) and it didn't seem to work for allowing ports through. There is an option to forward ports, but it didn't work for some reason. The actual sharing is great though. But try it anyways, in case I'm wrong (I didn't do very thorough testing)
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jan 31, 2003, 06:45 AM
Alright, I'll try it out. Do you remember where the option for forwarding ports was, or since it wasn't exactly XP do you not know? And would I need to forward the ports on the server alone or the server and the clients or what?
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>