Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Beta Testers Wanted!

Biohazard UOI

JCF Member

Biohazard UOI is doing well so far

Dec 19, 2004, 06:03 PM
Cool Beta Testers Wanted!

I'm in the process of creating a Winter-themed tileset, and I would like about 3 more beta testers.
Those who wish to should preferrably:

- be experienced in beta testing
- have made tileset(s) of their own in the past with ratings of at least 7.0 on average here at J2O
- be reliable about testing it and sending back comments/questions promptly.

I've had some bad experiences before with beta testers who never did much...of.... well, beta testing... for me.

But I would really appreciate the help. Of course, beta testers will get credits in the tileset itself and a stamp on the forehead that says "A+". Well, maybe not the stamp . Thanx!
<a href="http://www.thejohndenleyband.com">The John Denley Band</a><br><font size="2"><i>You never know.. but you usually do.</i> - another one of Ben's many, but not necessarily wise, sayings.</font>

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 19, 2004, 07:14 PM
This looks good. Hmm... requirements...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard UOI
- be experienced in beta testing
Sure. Some of the more recent stuff I've tested includes Arealang, Villain Village, Diamondus Beta and Y-Mas, in addition to lots of random small multiplayer levels.
Quote:
- have made tileset(s) of their own in the past with ratings of at least 7.0 on average here at J2O
Sandy Sunset (7.8)
Coral C (8.0)
Black Ninja's Castle (8.4)
Some of the stuff on J2O. As for more recent stuff, I quote Diz: "What game is this from?"
Quote:
- be reliable about testing it and sending back comments/questions promptly.
...oh. Well. Umm, how prompt is promptly? I'm generally pretty quick, although I can be a bit forgetful.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 19, 2004, 11:48 PM
Is it absolutely necessary for betatesters to have made tilesets? Tileset makers and non-tileset makers differ when betatesting or reviewing tilesets but I, if I concentrate ;P, have a pretty sharp eye for detail. Unfortunately, I often only betatest lvls (I did betatest Violet's Coral Reef/CoralC, which I didn't review after it was released lol ) but if you'll accept me I'll do my best. Ask Cell, ChippieBW, Blackraptor, Labratkid, Unhit and Enigma about my betatesting skills.

I think I'll need a CV in the future...

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 20, 2004, 06:26 AM
I'd offer some help as well. *cough*palette events ;p
Biohazard UOI

JCF Member

Biohazard UOI is doing well so far

Dec 20, 2004, 10:08 AM
Realistically, the characteristics I described are only a general idea. That's why I put the "should preferably" in .

About "promptly"... well, as long as it gets done within a week or two, that's all I'm really concerned about. I just don't want it to get forgotten about forever, cuz I've had that happen before.

...and yeah, Cooba, I'm getting better at palette events this time. Now that I know they exist ! This tileset so far supports Water and Snow for sure. I'm working on Textured background; that's one thing I could use a little help on.

Unknown Rabbit, I checked out your tilesets, which are quite good! I know you're a reputable jazzer, too, so you're in! I'll email you my current version.

EDIT: Cooba, you're in too.
<a href="http://www.thejohndenleyband.com">The John Denley Band</a><br><font size="2"><i>You never know.. but you usually do.</i> - another one of Ben's many, but not necessarily wise, sayings.</font>

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 20, 2004, 10:37 AM
coobnoob@op.pl = MSN

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 20, 2004, 01:53 PM
I am well versed in the art of palette events and palettes in general. I've made them for many tilesets of Labratkid and Craccoboy. I should be able to help with any problems in that field.

JCF Member

Ragnarok! is a forum legendRagnarok! is a forum legend

Jan 8, 2005, 04:36 AM
Right... But to tell the truth, your last tileset wasn't really fun to build with..

I could only make a good SP level out of it, nothing MP. But i cant do better, so whatever..