Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

What I'm working on now

Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Mar 16, 2002, 12:46 PM
What I'm working on now

I've finally started seriously working on Devan's Secret Weapon, my SP pack. I have many great ideas for it.

One thing that I am doing is including many of my unreleased/unfinished levels with it as secret levels, accessible via collecting the coins in each level and arriving at the finish. (Not every level will have one though, there aren't enough.)

Also each level will have a special 'speed zone', accessed by finding and destroying the (num. not yet determined) hidden crates. This is a unique idea I have come up with, and will involve wind, or conveyor belt, area constructed for massive speed one way, but with obstacles to avoid and goodies to grab. Each one will be in the style of the level in which it appears.

As well, there will be short story-line levels (See: Another Story, something like those...) between several levels, with slightly different stories for Jazz or Spaz.

On the side my brother (Alex LP) and I are working on a treasure hunt pack, we each are contributing 3 levels to it. We are making this because there are not enough TH levels out there. Our inspiration was Lost Gems vol. 1. (By BlurredD, d/l it if you don't have it, these levels RULE!!) This will come in the way distant future, though, and is as yet unnamed.

Finally, I may at some point fix up my RTP and rerelease it... but that will be quite a while from now.

So, now you all know what I'm up to. (If anyone really cares.)

Another Jazz 2 fan

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!