Karmus has disabled reputation

Jan 3, 2004, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niek
How can i record jazz 2 music?
I tried the Modplug tracker,
but i can't record with it.
Please help.
jazz.madskills.org has the modules. (thx to Monolith)
and btw you can't record modules. the j2b source code is still unreleased so it will remain secret to us how j2b is played outside jazz jackrabbit 2. if you are so upset on recording ingame music you could try connecting mic to speaker port, record and save as wave, mp3, whatever or set your record device on your soundcard to "what u hear" and do the same.

Karmus - "Play fair, no scare!"

JCF Member

niek is doing well so far

Jan 4, 2004, 04:49 AM
Thanks.

JCF Member

Jan 4, 2004, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Thanks.
No problem.

Flamepanther

JCF Member

Flamepanther has disabled reputation

Jan 4, 2004, 01:33 PM
Are you trying to get music from Jazz 2, or make new music for it?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 5, 2004, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmus
jazz.madskills.org has the modules. (thx to Monolith)
and btw you can't record modules. the j2b source code is still unreleased so it will remain secret to us how j2b is played outside jazz jackrabbit 2. if you are so upset on recording ingame music you could try connecting mic to speaker port, record and save as wave, mp3, whatever or set your record device on your soundcard to "what u hear" and do the same.
This is not true. There are several programs so create MOD's, IT's etc., like ModPlug Tacker, and all MOD-like files can be converted to .j2b with the MOD2J2B program. It's just not very easy to track (creating modules is called tracking) modules when you never created music before.

JCF Member

Jan 5, 2004, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl@$h
This is not true. There are several programs so create MOD's, IT's etc., like ModPlug Tacker, and all MOD-like files can be converted to .j2b with the MOD2J2B program. It's just not very easy to track (creating modules is called tracking) modules when you never created music before.
I know that, but I talked about recording like wave files and such in .MOD extension.

Trafton

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Jan 5, 2004, 08:57 AM
You cannot record to a MOD extension with all of the editable properties intact. However, you can output to WAV fairly easily, albeit with quality loss by going to your Sound/Volume control panel, going to properties, going to recording, and selecting "What U Hear"/WAV/MP3s. There should be a property similar to this, and you can then simply use a recording program. It is low-quality, but it is a cheap and easy solution.

~ Traft
Flamepanther

JCF Member

Jan 5, 2004, 03:11 PM
If you've got MIDI instruments connected to your computer, you can record what you play on those to a .mid file, and then use the modplug tracker to convert the .mid file to a .it module. You really wouldn't want to try recording from an MP3 or anything like that. It wouldn't be worth it.

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2004, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafton
You cannot record to a MOD extension with all of the editable properties intact.
Exactly, I'm talking about recording (like wave or MP3, no tracking) is not possible to a module. Not about recording it to a wave and using it as a sample in module tracking, that's possible, but it's definitely not worth it compared to the solution below.
As told before you can use the modules on the earlier specified link to make some personal recording project (if you want to manually "convert" the music to MP3, oh by the way that job is already done at the link - MP3 downloads ready to go). It's stupid to do it from the game when you can do it from modules. Games usually also have sound effects which can disturb recordings. Modules are clean music pieces with no shooting blaster sounds.
You were talking about recording the music to for example MP3, so you could listen to it outside the game (before you know that there were modules on the link), right?

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2004, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafton
You cannot record to a MOD extension with all of the editable properties intact. However, you can output to WAV fairly easily, albeit with quality loss by going to your Sound/Volume control panel, going to properties, going to recording, and selecting "What U Hear"/WAV/MP3s. There should be a property similar to this, and you can then simply use a recording program. It is low-quality, but it is a cheap and easy solution.

~ Traft
Actually, though I suppose there is variance as far as sound card quality goes, there should be no loss of quality using this method. I assume you assume it does because of the Y!M stuff we were doing with music, that is Y!M's fault and not that of the recording option. Also, if you do not have an option such as WAV/MP3/Output in your recording options, you can choose Master Recording, which will record everything that goes out your speakers directly (including mics, so you may want to unplug those).

I would recommend recording into a program such as CoolEdit and then finding a free quality wav to mp3 convertor.

Also, if you want to record j2b's as an mp3, you will -have- to do this from Jazz2. You can just as easily disable sound effects from the in-game options menu or from the menubar in windowed mode.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>

JCF Member

Jan 7, 2004, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztic
Also, if you want to record j2b's as an mp3, you will -have- to do this from Jazz2. You can just as easily disable sound effects from the in-game options menu or from the menubar in windowed mode.
I said use the modules.

JCF Member

niek is doing well so far

Jan 9, 2004, 11:52 PM
I meen record mod music,
is this possible with modplug tracker ect?
Flamepanther

JCF Member

Jan 10, 2004, 12:59 AM
Quote:
I meen record mod music,
is this possible with modplug tracker ect?
The only way I know to do that is to record a sequence from MIDI-based instruments that are plugged into your computer. If you can record a sequence as a .mid file, the modplug tracker can convert it from MIDI format to Impulse Tracker mod format (.it)

If you need vocals, you can record them separately as .wav files, cut them into segments, and load the segments as samples in the .it module you've created.

If you don't have MIDI instrumemts that you can connect to your computer, you can't record directly from live play to a module in a way that would give good results. Instead, you'll have to track the module from scratch, using whatever samples you can come up with. Making a mod with complicated effects is difficult, but a simple tune with no effects should be very easy. Just remember that it needs samples first.

Note: A "sample" is a short recording that the mod uses to simulate an instrument. It is loaded into the module and can be played back as different notes.

JCF Member

Jan 12, 2004, 04:46 AM
So you already have the music, but you wanna make a recording project? Sorry I misunderstood. I'm out.