Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2 OEM v1.00h

CrazySonicFan

JCF Member

CrazySonicFan has disabled reputation

Jul 6, 2004, 11:19 AM
JJ2 OEM v1.00h

I am an owner of an OEM version (1.00h) of Jazz Jackrabbit 2, and am wondering if you can get the JCS, as it does not come with the game. Anyone know where i can get it???

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 6, 2004, 11:22 AM
For my knowledge, there is no JCS for OEM. And, you can't use 1.23 one to edit OEM levels, because 1.23 levels and OEM ones are in different formats.

Still, you may want to buy 1.23 somewhere.
CrazySonicFan

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2004, 11:24 AM
Shame, I'll have to buy it somewhere *cough* *warez* lol

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 6, 2004, 11:25 AM
FYI, buying is NOT warez. Getting for free via Internet, is.
CrazySonicFan

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2004, 11:28 AM
Shame, I'll have to aquire it somewhere *cough* *warez* lol

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 6, 2004, 11:34 AM
Hmmm... 1.00h? Is h a common version? Any OEM experts out there? I seem to recall g was kind of rare.

JCF Veteran

Jul 6, 2004, 11:35 AM
I have no idea.

BTW, Violet, clean your JCF inbox.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jul 6, 2004, 12:37 PM
1.00h isn't all that rare. I know about five people in this community who have it.
CrazySonicFan

JCF Member

Jul 8, 2004, 09:25 AM
Great, I downloaded the game from my 'sources' and it turns out to be OEM v1.00g. Just great.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Jul 8, 2004, 11:36 AM
-I have JJ2 v1.22, which I upgraded to 1.23
-I downloaded JJ2 v1.24
-I downloaded JJ2 v1.00g

I got a few questions:
-What is the difference between v1.20, v1.21, & v1.22?
-What is the difference beween v1.00g and v1.00h?
-----------------------
Newspaz, I believe that v1.00g is the common version. And v1.00h is the rare version. I don't know where to download v1.00h, but v1.00g is easy to find.

Derby: Content removal. You cannot give the slightest clue as to how one may illegally acquire content.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

Last edited by Derby; Jul 8, 2004 at 09:24 PM.

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Jul 8, 2004, 08:12 PM
1.00h is somewhat easy to acquire, or at least it was. The site it could be gained from recently changed their version to 1.00g, as I recall. The versions are essentially the same. I haven't really noticed any differences between them, but I experiment very little with the OEM versions. Any memory editing which could provide useful info often causes the game to crash.

Also, I do have version 1.20. It came free with my copy of TSF, because I preordered it or some such thing. It's basically the same as 1.21, but as I recall, there is no multiplayer except for LAN and splitscreen. 1.20 is basically useless.

Also, I have always said this and forever will: 1.22 was the best version. It's got nearly all the fixes of 1.23, including trigger zones, and it doesn't have the annoying new ugly yellow logo. I believe it is compatible with 1.23 servers as well.

If anyone has questions about a JJ2 version, feel free to pester me. I have them all installed. Just don't expect the reply to be prompt.

Now, to answer the original question of the poster. The retail versions of JJ2 use .j2l level formats. They contain all the same info as the .lev format the OEM version uses, but it is highly compressed in a way that JCS can read it (the compression is actually very impressive). JJ2 is just $5 or so on eBay. Go get it.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jul 8, 2004, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Also, I do have version 1.20. It came free with my copy of TSF, because I preordered it or some such thing. It's basically the same as 1.21, but as I recall, there is no multiplayer except for LAN and splitscreen. 1.20 is basically useless.
Errr, it doesn't have multiplayer? I thought it did. Also, I think every copy of TSF (except for the cheaper LK Avalon ones) came with 1.20, so it wasn't just a pre-order only thing.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 9, 2004, 12:23 AM
My TSF copy came with 1.21

JCF Veteran

Jul 9, 2004, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspaz
Also, I think every copy of TSF (except for the cheaper LK Avalon ones) came with 1.20
>O >O >O >O >O >O >O >O >O >O >O >O >O >O >O

(You guessed it, I have Avalon one.)

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Jul 10, 2004, 03:10 PM
I must have gotten ripped off. It said it included JJ2 free exclusively for preorders. ;p
Whatever.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Jul 10, 2004, 04:14 PM
One more thing, refresh me again on what exactly Jazz Jackrabbit Special Edition is again.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:31 PM
PurpleJazz
This message has been deleted by Stijn.