Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

Another Filesize Thingy.

DanYjel

JCF Member

DanYjel is doing well so far

Jun 11, 2005, 09:31 AM
Another Filesize Thingy.

Why is the filesize limit at J2O only 2 MBs? I think it will do chaos, just because files will have to be splitted, like Dr. Eggman did. For now, once. I understand it can't be unlimited, but for example... 5 Megabytes? Because especially we, music mixers, are a bit... Discriminated...

So we please, can you increase the filesize limit..? Please...

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jun 11, 2005, 10:11 AM
J2O should have an option to let you direct link to another URL so people could upload their levels that are too large on a different webspace.. if it could be made so J2O only accepts URLs ending with "zip" or "rar", it could work.

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Jun 11, 2005, 10:31 AM
If you get redirected to the site when clicking on "download" it could work. Otherwise you could not review anything.

JCF Member

Jun 11, 2005, 02:23 PM
No, that's not solution. Because Internet is... big... and J2O's biggest strength is in DB. I think nothing else than zip (and mp3, could be good) has to be allowed, just increase limit to at least 5 megabytes...

JCF Member

JelZe GoldRabbit is doing well so far

Jun 13, 2005, 03:38 AM
Guys, as much as I'd like have to the file-size limit increased as well, I understand the problems behind it, and it's all about money. The server and database both cost a pretty penny and the bandwidth we use isn't cheap either. That's why we have the "no incomplete works" and "only stuff related to Jazz" policy enforced. We want to have as much stuff in as little space as possible. Plus, some people still have slow internet connections (like 56k). We've all been there, haven't we?

- JelZe GoldRabbit =:3

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 13, 2005, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawriel
J2O should have an option to let you direct link to another URL so people could upload their levels that are too large on a different webspace.. if it could be made so J2O only accepts URLs ending with "zip" or "rar", it could work.
I dislike this idea. One of the things I like about J2O is that all the files are hosted on the site. As other websites go down and stuff, you can still get levels from years ago and laugh at how bad they were. Some things, like ET's skiing game, contained a link to another site (which is gone now).

BTW, I have a copy of JazzSki on Foxmage (it's not the installer, but I think you just need to download a DLL to make it work). Any admins want to replace the link in the J2O file?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
DanYjel

JCF Member

Jun 13, 2005, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
I dislike this idea. One of the things I like about J2O is that all the files are hosted on the site. As other websites go down and stuff, you can still get levels from years ago and laugh at how bad they were. Some things, like ET's skiing game, contained a link to another site (which is gone now).
Yes, that's what I said.