Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Pinging

JCF Member

Sinex153 is doing well so far

Sep 21, 2009, 10:10 AM
Pinging

Can some one tell me why every time when I open a server it is pinging? By the way, not the fire wall is the problem.....

Last edited by Sinex153; Sep 22, 2009 at 06:54 AM.

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Sep 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
First off, Technical Help.

Second off, Rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
  1. If you do decide to post, post well. Include all necessary information and be objective, not subjective. As this is not a chatting forum, use proper grammar, make the topic subject descriptive (it's the first thing people see), and don't post spam (including polls). Remember, the more information you give, the less we have to ask, and the less time you have to wait.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

JCF Member

Sep 22, 2009, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
First off, Technical Help.

Second off, Rules:
I can`t give you more informations because there are no more informations! I open a server and no one comes....I`ve talked with some friends and they told me that my server is pinging all the time.
I asked some people what could the problem and all of them told me that the fire wall is the problem.
But I looked at the fire wall settings and I put jj2 able to give or recive informations, but the server is still pinging....And I want to know why....
Do you need any MORE INFORMATIONS?!!?!!?

JCF Member

Foly has disabled reputation

Sep 22, 2009, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinex153 View Post
I can`t give you more informations because there are no more informations! I open a server and no one comes....I`ve talked with some friends and they told me that my server is pinging all the time.
I asked some people what could the problem and all of them told me that the fire wall is the problem.
But I looked at the fire wall settings and I put jj2 able to give or recive informations, but the server is still pinging....And I want to know why....
Do you need any MORE INFORMATIONS?!!?!!?
1. Do you know what port forwarding is and did you tried it?
2. Are you sure no program is blocking it?
[13:07:13] *** Foly is on a KILLING SPREE!
[13:07:14] *** you killed yourself
[13:07:14] *** Foly was looking good but died instead...

JCF Member

Sep 22, 2009, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foly View Post
1. Do you know what port forwarding is and did you tried it?
2. Are you sure no program is blocking it?
Yes, I am sure that no program is blocking it, and I don`t know what port forwarding is.........

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Sep 22, 2009, 08:16 AM
Ok. Great. Go to start -> run -> type cmd

in the black box type ipconfig /all

Ok now note your default gateway. Should be something along the lines of 192.168.x.x

Now put that into your internet browser URL area. You'd have to get the password from the router unless your parents changed it. They usually print it on the bottom. It's usually admin or password or something simple.

Now go into port forwarding (depending on your router, this section can be in many different areas). Now forward ports 10052-10054 UPD and TCP to your ip adress. You can get your ip address from the command prompt I had you open before.

Also, you're definitely going to have to look into how to set up a static ip address and if that doesn't work, try port triggering as well.

That's the best I can tell you. I don't feel like going through a whole guide right now. I'm hoping this is the solution you need.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this