Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

I drew someting again, finally.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Apr 15, 2003, 03:01 AM
I drew someting again, finally.

I don't know what came over me, but I drew once again, after so long of not drawing things. I actually like this one too. This image isn't finished yet, but I took a break and looked at it, and found that it looks nice enough as it is. I made this to advertise a clan that only exists in my imagination. I had fun with this one, imagining that I'd head a clan for my Jazzer X project some day.

I'm surprised that it turned out so good. Perhaps I used to be so shrouded in gloom that I hardly noticed the nice things anymore, and didn't think my art was good enough a while back.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawn...to&PhotoID=163

The name for the clan is "Polecats of Third Haven". I like that word, "polecat". It is just a fancy word for skunk, but it has it's charm.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92
GuMmYBeAr!

JCF Member

GuMmYBeAr! is doing well so far

Apr 15, 2003, 03:44 AM
I lack words to describe; I've always sucked at commenting pretty stuff anyway. ;P

..I love.. the expressions, the shapes, the coloring, the characters, the guns, the everything else.
Lama

JCF Member

Lama is doing well so far

Apr 15, 2003, 04:08 AM
It's a bit rough around the edges and a bit boxy but I like the coloring and the facial expressions of the characters.

"I fake so many people that I don't know what my own name is any more." ~Overlord

"Well... UR MOMS FAT" ~CrimiClown®

"Why is baking soda so magically delicious?" ~Doubble Dutch

"Hypodise." ~Link
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Apr 15, 2003, 08:20 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Me likie blasters.

Just one question: Are they cybernetic attachments, or just guns that fit over the hands.

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Apr 15, 2003, 11:57 AM
Noogy seemed to like it =P.

I really like the expressions, but I think his waist may be a little too thin (He has a thinner waist than the girl standing next to him.)

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Apr 15, 2003, 10:42 PM
Batty B. Those are blasters that fit over the hands.

Radium, Noogy liked it? Wow! I'm going to check the noogy art forum next *stars in Hare's eyes* lol

Lama, yeah it is a bit boxy, I don't know where I picked that up... perhps I did it to make it easier to turn them into 3D models... Oh yeah, now I remember, I DID do that to make it easier to make their 3D forms . I did make a model with actual cheek fur spiking out, I can't remember how long that took though. My latest model I'm making has cheeks and a brow, and it is taking a ong time. (it is the face in the Jazzer X Project picture in my sig. See? That one has boxy cheek ruffs too, boy am I thankful :P)

Thanks for the feedback, Radium. Spring posted an antomy chart on the Noogy animation forum, I'm planning on studying that. That way I can keep from making that mistake again.

Captain Spam

Retired administrator

Captain Spam has disabled reputation

Apr 17, 2003, 07:37 PM
"Polecats of Third Haven"? Why not "SKUNKS... IN... SPAAAAAAAAACE!!!"? :-)

Very nice, Hare. A curious, slightly more complex cartoony style. And they're good pics, but I do agree, the male's waist is a bit thin. Kinda looks more like a female waistline, to a point.

I've gotta learn to draw more complex clothes sometime... :-)

The Dementia of Magic
... Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.

JCF Member

Apr 18, 2003, 01:04 AM
Cool, so you are saying my style is unique?
"That's a relief, I thought I'd look just like Ben" -Stuart Little

I'm always glad if my work looks original, I get so nervous about my art looking like other people's work. I was working on the "Peter Caughtintails" picture, and realized that Beasty's head looked like bonnie's, so I had to re-do some of it. I hate messing up like that.