Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Strange room discovered in Battle 1!!! (this isn't fake!!)

Hellraiser

JCF Member

Hellraiser is doing well so far

Sep 7, 2001, 09:38 PM
I recently heard of a hidden room in battle1 with allgun powerup, some pointless enemies, and a laser shield. So me, Terminator, and Crusador went to check it out. in order to get there, we went into the warp that leads to the powered up seekers, but only busted certain blocks unserneath. we made sure that there was only a space of 1 block in between the celing (to the left of the carrot), and the blocks. As Spaz, we got stuck in the celing, and witl all 3 of us together, rose up to the top. if you run and double jump from the top, you will actually see the bottom of it.

with the addition of airboards, we actually got it!! everything was there, except for the laser shield. but I never expected the laser shield to work anyway.

(I took out the images because the stupid server they were on

wouldn't let them show up!!)

Hellraiser

JCF Member

Sep 7, 2001, 09:46 PM

Redboy

JCF Member

Redboy is doing well so far

Sep 7, 2001, 11:48 PM
I know one room which leads to the power-up for weapon 4.It leads you to a small room which has 2 crates and 1 power up for weapon 4
$tilettø

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Sep 7, 2001, 11:50 PM
Theres a Trick to get up there,

u have to do it with 2 Players
Alberto

JCF Member

Alberto is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 02:58 AM
Yes, with 2 players you can find the room.

JCF Member

Cesar has disabled reputation

Sep 8, 2001, 03:29 AM
So that's where all the lag came from
Hellraiser

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2001, 07:11 AM

I was talking about the 2 player method, but you can't see the whold room without an airboard.

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 08:01 AM
Guess what...

It IS a problem with your coding! You didn't put http:// in front of the address for the images

Now does anyone know why that secret room is there? It looks like it was just placed haphazardly, because it doesn't look good at all, you can't get to part of it, and it has events which don't work in multiplayer.
Veryn

JCF Member

Veryn is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 08:24 AM
You can see the room in JCS anyhow(much easier way, too). Anyhow, it was probably to test weapon events online, but they never took it out(wild guess).
Lamer

JCF Member

Lamer is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 08:36 AM
This is very old news. Somebody already made a note of this back at Jazz 2 City back in '99 and some people already knew about this in '98. You could check the J2C news archives if it were still up or maybe with someone who has a backup. Then again, a lot of newbies here never got to see Jazz 2 City so I guess this is alright. By the way, here is the corrected link (hopefully, you'll see the image):

If the image didn't appear, go directly to http://www.angelfire.com/games4/j2f/3.jpg to see it and if you still don't see it, you must have either images turned off or a very slow connection or Angelfire is down or you have a bad isp or the picture was deleted. I'm behind a very restrictive server-side firewall and yet I still see it so the latter can't be the reason.

Get ready for some SpiffyJuice!

--=CLAN GpW=-- - the best clan website.

This wild rose is pretty.

-Lamer[GpW]

$tilettø

JCF member

Sep 8, 2001, 08:46 AM
Nice pic only i dont see any Weapons? :P

u can see the Whole room with Weapons and so if you do that trick with 2 Players

JCF Member

Michael is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 09:00 AM
That is so old! I thaught there could be a point in opening this post >.<
Gargoyle

JCF Member

Gargoyle is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 11:02 AM
Oh comon! Are you some kind of lame newbie?!?

Everyone knows about that room!! It's in battlea, not in battle1.
$tilettø

JCF member

Sep 8, 2001, 11:07 AM
its in Battle1 u N.....
Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Sep 8, 2001, 01:17 PM
I believe this was caused by some newbie who put that there for his own secret use... and maybe in 1.20 or something it replaced the original battle 1.

JCF Member

Fquist_old is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 01:52 PM
Gargoyle, no personal attacks..
Fear

JCF Member

Fear is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 03:09 PM
If a newbie placed it, how come it isnt visible in jcs?

Bobby aka Dizzy

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)istrator

Bobby aka Dizzy is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 04:08 PM
No, its always been there Kaz :P

And I've known this for AGES :P

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2001, 04:46 PM
"Imaged hosted by Angelfire"... how embarrasing. The image can't be access from here due to Angelfire's restrictions. *tsk tsk* How dare you blame all the faults to us.

Yes, that hidden area CliffyB and his crew experiment or something.

No, your level wasn't modified. It's been there since the Battle1.j2l file in your Jazz2 CD.

Hareoic

JCF Member

Hareoic is doing well so far

Sep 8, 2001, 04:58 PM
*is SO ashamed*

I NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT UNTIL NOW!

*cries*

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2001, 06:28 PM
Quote:

On 7:46pm 9-08-2001, Cesar wrote:

"Imaged hosted by Angelfire"... how embarrasing. The image can't be access from here due to Angelfire's restrictions. *tsk tsk* How dare you blame all the faults to us.

*tsk tsk* How dare you say that. If you read my post, you would have seen that what I said was: "If the image didn't appear, go directly to http://www.angelfire.com/games4/j2f/3.jpg ...". And you can't say that doesn't work because, to be sure, I even tried viewing the image directly on PCs without a cache of the image and with different configurations (my Dad's PC, my Mom's PC, my Sister's PC, even with my neighbor's PC) and I saw the pic everytime by going directly there so it is you* who has a problem if you still don't see it because it exists. To reiterate (in case you don't properly read my post again) DIRECT ACCESS** TO THE IMAGE IS POSSIBLE.

*you must have either images turned off or a very slow connection or Angelfire is down or you have a bad isp

**by this I mean you can type the url directly into your browser to access it or right click and open it in a new window (can also be done by shift-left clicking) or simply click on the link.

Thanks to Fquist, iCeD, Bobby, Derby and the others for the JCF.

-Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 8, 2001, 08:21 PM
What did I just said?

Anyway, I did not say that the image can't be downloaded, becuase any image can be download from the server hosting people's webpages. And restrictions apply when showing a pic from another website. To protect Copyrighted material, likely.

Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2001, 04:42 AM
In the first place, since the image was accessible, you shouldn't have said what you said, I mean I did leave a link for accessing the image directly if it doesn't show. It's just that I think the "How dare you..." thing was unnecessary and insulting, to think that I was just trying to help fix the image link and that's what I get.

-Lamer
MaGoo

JCF Member

MaGoo is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2001, 03:38 PM
Jazz2 has lots of weird stuff like that. Battle1 and Battlea doesn't have much of a difference, exept for the text....

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Sep 9, 2001, 03:47 PM
Battlea also has those spikes.

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2001, 10:48 PM
I was also offended for telling us individual that we have a slow connection or bad ISP. Bad theory.
Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2001, 11:18 PM
You seem to have misunderstood what I said (again).

For the third time what I said was:

"If the image didn't appear, go directly to http://www.angelfire.com/games4/j2f/3.jpg to see it "

Which means if the image didn't appear on this page, go directly to http://www.angelfire.com/games4/j2f/3.jpg to see it

AND if you still don't see it,

This means if you still don't see it, even after going directly to the web page

"you must have either images turned off or a very slow connection or Angelfire is down or you have a bad isp or the picture was deleted. I'm behind a very restrictive server-side firewall and yet I still see it so the latter can't be the reason."

These are the "theories" I came up with as to why you still DID NOT see it even after going there directly.

So, I don't see how you take offense to something like that because those theories were for people who did not see the image even after going there directly. You didn't say that you couldn't download the image after going there directly, as you said here:

"Anyway, I did not say that the image can't be downloaded, becuase any image can be download from the server hosting people's webpages...."

Which I think pretty much means you did see it after going there directly, so, to repeat, the "theories" I made did not apply to you because, again, you were able to see the images after going there directly.

Btw, sorry for being very repetitive but I just want to make sure that you understand what I said this time. I hope you see now that my theories weren't so bad, you just have to take the time to try to understand what I write before speaking against it.

Thanks to Fquist and others for the JCF.

-Lamer[GpW]

JCF Member

Sep 9, 2001, 11:55 PM
*skips most of the paragraph*

I thought you know about Angelfire and/or Geocities's policy.

I've already known this.
roseta

JCF Member

roseta is doing well so far

Sep 10, 2001, 02:31 PM
IM LUCKY I GOT TO SEE JAZZ2 City!

Join JOL! new members wanted!
Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 10, 2001, 07:42 PM
Cesar, this is getting too ridiculous.

"*skips most of the paragraph* "

No wonder you don't understand me properly. Since you seem too lazy to read my reply, here is the gist*: My theories were referring to people who couldn't access the image even after going there directly.

"I thought you know about Angelfire and/or Geocities's policy."

The image was hosted by Angelfire NOT Geocities. I know about Geocities' policy but not Angelfire's. The image appeared when I tried to access it so I tried to show it on this page. Also, I put another link to the image so that you can access the image directly if it doesn't appear here.

"I've already known this."

Oh you do? Then why did you say this:

"I was also offended for telling us individual that we have a slow connection or bad ISP. Bad theory."

I've tried to answer as simply as I possibly can, I hope this won't be too hard for you to read like my last reply.

*gist - in case you don't know, this means summary and if you don't know what the latter means, get a dictionary or log on to http://www.dictionary.com to find the meaning.

-Lamer[GpW]

JCF Member

Sep 11, 2001, 02:47 AM
Again, you're repeating the same thing I already know. And Geocities also have a policy (I'm telling you again). I did not say that your image was hosted by Geocities.

"My theories were referring to people who couldn't access the image even after going there directly"

The image will be downloaded when in Angelfire's server, so that it will be displayed when you go back to this thread, because the image is now in your Temporary Internet Files directory.

And you telling us individual about that we have a slow connection or bad ISP was very unnecessary.

And gist in simple terms means general idea. So please watch your idea next time.

This is getting old. But thank you for explaining your post about how to access your image many times.
Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 11, 2001, 05:21 AM
It seems that you really have a hard time understanding simple English. This time, very few words will come from me, I will be quoting most of them from you.

"Again, you're repeating the same thing I already know. And Geocities also have a policy (I'm telling you again). I did not say that your image was hosted by Geocities."

I did not say that you said the image was hosted by Geocities. The point of that was to tell you that Geocities is IRRELEVANT in this matter because what we are talking about is Angelfire.

"And you telling us individual about that we have a slow connection or bad ISP was very unnecessary."

For the fourth time, I was NOT "telling us individual about that we have a slow connection or bad ISP." I was telling the PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT ACCESS THE IMAGE EVEN AFTER CLICKING THE ALTERNATE LINK I PROVIDED. So, it was not "very unnecessary."

"And gist in simple terms means general idea. So please watch your idea next time."

Gist and summary are practically synonyms. Gist means giving central idea and summary means reducing something to its main points or giving the central idea. Didn't you know the meaning of summary?

"This is getting old. But thank you for explaining your post about how to access your image many times."

Again, you seem to be missing the point of my replies. I'd recommend you take a course on Basic English, it would prove very useful, if not, please actually take the time to read people's post, it will save you a lot of time, not to mention, embarassment. My latest reply was NOT about how to access my image, it was about telling you that you should not be offended because I was not "telling us individual about that we have a slow connection or bad ISP"; Those replies were meant to tell you that I was NOT referring to you, I was referring to PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT ACCESS THE IMAGE EVEN AFTER CLICKING THE ALTERNATE LINK I PROVIDED.

I think by now anyone with at least half a brain would understand what I am trying to say because I've explained it over and over again. Now, don't misunderstand me here,I'm not saying you don't have even half a brain.

-Lamer
Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 11, 2001, 05:32 AM
Just in case you had a hard time understanding my last reply (even if most of it were your words), here is what I have been trying to tell you from the start:

You said:

"I was also offended for telling us individual that we have a slow connection or bad ISP. Bad theory."

So I said in the last 3 posts was that YOU SHOULD NOT BE OFFENDED. Why? Because my theories wer NOT "telling us individual that we have a slow connection or bad ISP." They were for PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT ACCESS THE IMAGE EVEN AFTER TRYING THE ALTERNATE LINK I PROVIDED.

This time, I think a monkey would be able to understand what I'm trying to say.

-Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 11, 2001, 06:44 AM
You are not my mother. I took english class more than you think, but I don't have time to argue with you; this is utterly nonsense.

I demand an admin/mod to close this.

You are now threaten me by your post, as you are wasting your time trying to explain what you're saying.
$tilettø

JCF member

Sep 11, 2001, 07:16 AM
and this is Simple English eh?..

**Skips All Lamer`s long reply`s**
Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 11, 2001, 09:47 PM
"You are not my mother. I took english class more than you think, but I don't have time to argue with you; this is utterly nonsense."

Of course I'm not your mother (Thank God) I already know that, duh. Yes, you "took english class more than I think," by the way, English is always spelled with a capital E. Oh, so now that you finally understand (I can only hope that you did) what I was trying to say , you say it's nonsense just because it shows that YOU were WRONG. I wasn't "telling us individual" as you thought, I was telling the people who could not access the image even after trying the alternate link.

"You are now threaten me by your post, as you are wasting your time trying to explain what you're saying."

I'm threatening you? With what? My English? Now I have realized that no matter how hard I try, you either just can't get it correctly or cannot accept the fact that you are not always right. Keep in mind that I wouldn't have had to explain it many times if you took the time to read it or if you could understand it properly the first time.

-Lamer
Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 11, 2001, 09:49 PM
Stiletto, I used pretty simple English, there's just a lot of it because I tried to explain something step by step to someone who doesn't seem to have a good understanding of the language (No offense intended, Cesar).

By the way, it should be **Skips All Lamer`s long replies**. That's one of the rules of English taught in kindergarten, change "y" to "i" and add "es." Now, that my friend, is really simple English.

Visit --=CLAN GpW=-- for news, member info, and the best clan site.

-Lamer[GpW]

JCF Member

Sep 12, 2001, 03:50 AM
Then don't treat me like a child, Lamer.

You've made your point, lamer. So what?

I don't have the time in the world to read your "lessons". I have better things than arguing with you. I don't care what you think of me, you're just wasting your time, striker. Your replies are nothing but convoluted. No regrets.

Your lessons are not welcome. So my lessons above this page are not welcome either. It's done. I'm through.

Lamer

JCF Member

Sep 12, 2001, 04:17 AM
I never intended to in the first place and I won't as long as you read my posts properly before criticizing it.

-Lamer

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 12, 2001, 08:46 AM
**Skips all of Lamer`s long replies**.