Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Problem with Data.j2d

rionaam

JCF Member

rionaam is doing well so far

Nov 26, 2007, 04:05 PM
Problem with Data.j2d

I was playing JJ2:TSF normally when I closed it. Next time I tried to open it an error message appeared saying:
"The library file 'Data.j2d' is incomplete, corrupt or of an unknown version."
I don't remember doing anything that could modify it. So, if anyone knows how to fix it, and why it happened (so I make sure it won't occur again) I'd be very grateful.
"You think I'm a loser? Because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but... I'm not a loser. Because, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what they wanted to be, is out there, being what we don't want to be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I didn't put a gun in my mouth, makes me a winner!" - Al Bundy
Neobeo

JCF Member

Neobeo is an asset to this forumNeobeo is an asset to this forum

Nov 27, 2007, 02:49 AM
It means what it says. Try replacing it with a clean data.j2d.
Neobeo's Firetruck

</TD><TD>Myths:
Jazz Creation Station Plus (JCS+) - 10%
Coming soon - a dedicated server! - 25%
Jazz Sprite Dynamite v2 (JSDv2) - 2%
Another generic single-player level - 0%
</TD></TR></TABLE>
rionaam

JCF Member

Nov 28, 2007, 05:56 AM
Where should I get it? Should I reinstall the game?
"You think I'm a loser? Because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but... I'm not a loser. Because, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what they wanted to be, is out there, being what we don't want to be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I didn't put a gun in my mouth, makes me a winner!" - Al Bundy

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Nov 28, 2007, 07:21 AM
Reinstalling into the same folder is always quicker than asking for help on jcf

JCF Member

Nov 28, 2007, 11:38 AM
Yes, I solved the problem. I installed it into another folder, then copied the data.j2d into the original folder and deleted the new one.