Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Another error.

JanusJackrabbit

JCF Member

JanusJackrabbit has disabled reputation

Aug 26, 2006, 03:07 PM
Another error.

I finally finished my level, but it somehow gets messed up in the HCL list. When I try to run it from there, I get this message:

I started off this level using a part of on of the official JJ2 levels. I don't know if this has any effect on it. It uses (-)2.j2t and dang.j2b. I'm on 1.24 so what could be my problem? =x
JanusJackrabbit

JCF Member

JanusJackrabbit has disabled reputation

Aug 26, 2006, 10:04 PM
Okay, I have resolved this error by renaming the file. There is however, an annoying, but potentially useful bug that I found.

After running through speed blocks by tapping the run key, I proceeded in my level to un-freeze a spring. Above the spring was a large 6x6 mass of destruct blocks. After unfreezing the spring (or sometimes before), my weapons were disabled....all of them. This limits the player to physical attacks, but I also had an annoying problem with events (pickups and baddies specifically) disappearing.
NovaStar

JCF Member

NovaStar is doing well so far

Aug 26, 2006, 11:43 PM
Useful alright, but no idea how to solve it.

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Aug 27, 2006, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusJackrabbit
After running through speed blocks by tapping the run key, I proceeded in my level to un-freeze a spring. Above the spring was a large 6x6 mass of destruct blocks. After unfreezing the spring (or sometimes before), my weapons were disabled....all of them. This limits the player to physical attacks, but I also had an annoying problem with events (pickups and baddies specifically) disappearing.
Lag, it's an error that appears when there are too many events (especially destruct blocks) in a specific area or in use by the program. The only way to solve the problem is to lower the amount of destruct blocks or other events.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Aug 27, 2006, 01:35 AM
Jazzmusic put it nicely, except that's not what lag is.

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Aug 27, 2006, 10:23 AM
So how is it called then? I've only heard lag...

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Sep 9, 2006, 07:35 PM
I notice this happen when you play SP in survivor levels, and that also happens when you play most of evilmike's "Deserto Orbital Base" in one sitting. :P

What will fix that, however, is if the player gets killed. then that disapears for a little bit