Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

J2o and JCF rules

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 5, 2004, 07:07 AM
J2o and JCF rules

Is there a special J2o and/or JCF page dedicated to listing the rules of the forums? I can't find it anywhere on J2o and JCF. Plz respond quickly.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Dec 5, 2004, 07:13 AM
JCF
Quote:
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of JazzJackrabbit Community Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of JazzJackrabbit Community Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of JazzJackrabbit Community Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
This was all I could find. In other words, the admins can do anything they want. And you can't post bad things.

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2004, 07:16 AM
I got a quasi-warning PM from Fquist on J2o, complaining about the fact that I used multiple accounts to rate my own review and other ppl's reviews. I admit that what I did may be morally unsound, but I was never aware that it was against the rules.

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Dec 5, 2004, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit
I got a quasi-warning PM from Fquist on J2o, complaining about the fact that I used multiple accounts to rate my own review and other ppl's reviews. I admit that what I did may be morally unsound, but I was never aware that it was against the rules.
If you knew it was morally unsound, why did you do it in the first place?

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2004, 07:39 AM
Yeah, okay. But isn't it kind of logical not to rate your own stuff? I mean, you must have tried to rate your own stuff with your own account already. And then found out that you couldn't. So why then do it anyway with another account?

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/nod...e=downloadsFAQ

The downloads F.A.Q. also says not to...

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2004, 07:46 AM
I didn't really think rating reviews mattered anyway because they don't affect the reviewer's stats or the actual upload rating. And no, I can't find anything about rating reviews on the downloads FAQ.
MaGoo

JCF Member

MaGoo is doing well so far

Dec 5, 2004, 08:32 AM
I don't think it's J2O's job to give you a rule for everything that goes on. Certain things are just common sense, such as having a rule against reviewing your own material.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Dec 5, 2004, 08:56 AM
You got no official warnings, just a warning to stop. That's all that is needed I think, I doubt you'll ever repeat the behaviour so you will probably not be in trouble because of it anytime soon. It was just a misunderstanding. I indeed assumed it would be quite clear that it would be wrong to rate your own and other's reviews (double) using another account. If the system does not allow you to rate a review twice or rate your own review, why would you think it would allow it using a different account? I thought that would be clear but I guess I'll find a place to clarify it.

And the review rating doesn't influence any stats yet, but might in the future. It already influences how many people will read it since they will read the reviews higher up the page first, and also will take advice from higher-rated reviews faster.

We are busy writing up a detailed JCF rules page. J2O already has one but it's not very detailed (it's just a pointer to what rules we apply, not an official page containing all our rules or what the admins are allowed to do, etc) and will probably be extended to include rules like not rating your own downloads or own reviews.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

Last edited by FQuist; Dec 5, 2004 at 09:13 AM.

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2004, 09:07 AM
That first paragrahp treats me like a 10-year old. ;P

Btw, sometimes some ppl just take advantage of loopholes (e.g. being able to have multiple accounts) and assume that if you can do it (e.g. rate stuff with your second, third, etc. account) then it's not against the rules.

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2004, 09:17 AM
I did not mean that.

Well, loopholes usually mean something is only allowed by accident or because it's impossible to prevent something. It still means the behaviour is wrong though.

Spotify.fm

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Dec 5, 2004, 12:38 PM
I feel that way too sometimes, WR, I don't know so much about it being the first paragraph. I guess that's just Quist's tone and his way of writing.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

Dec 5, 2004, 02:33 PM
My way of writing is as if it's against a 10 year old? I am having a hard time believing it. Are you also referring to my posts detailing your misbehaviour?

Spotify.fm

JCF Veteran

Dec 5, 2004, 03:37 PM
No, I meant, you always sound super serious when you post. Even when your joking I think.

"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Member

Dec 6, 2004, 10:39 AM
Fquist make jokes? ;P
Also, this: 'My way of writing is as if it's against a 10 year old? I am having a hard time believing it. Are you also referring to my posts detailing your misbehaviour?' also sounds like also sounds weird. Maybe Fquist just can't do anything about it. ;P
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Dec 6, 2004, 11:08 AM
I have like 3 offical warnings so far. XD

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Dec 7, 2004, 10:46 AM
lol. You guys are scaring poor Fquist away. I must admit he mostly sounds serious, but that's not a bad thing for an admin.
At least it's better like if you sound/write like that:

Ih wan smhting too eet! Gime!

@ WR: Well, I guess you don't even need to rate your own reviews, as you write pretty good ones IMO.

Offtopic question, what exactly does the "sub-" before
"-warning" mean? Derby gave me one some time before and I'm not quite sure if it's official or not.

EDIT: Probably you should use smileys Quist.

JCF Member

Olsen is doing well so far

Dec 7, 2004, 11:15 AM
When i first read this threads name i thought it was a thread with a greet to J2O and JCF, like this: J2O and JCF RULES WOHOO!!1!11!111!11

Or something...

JCF Veteran

Dec 7, 2004, 11:41 AM
Same here. BTW, the rules on Warez, should be as explicity as possible. It's more than just giving out links. Actually, nm, every rule should be as explicitly stated as possible.

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2004, 12:04 PM
They aren't at the moment, which makes me think why nobody thought of this before?

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Dec 7, 2004, 01:58 PM
I assume "Sub-warning" is like a partial warning, or 0.5 warnings.

JCF Member

Dec 7, 2004, 02:09 PM
The JCF used to have strict rules that we inherited from the JMMB I think, but they were lost at some time. J2O they were never really needed for.

This topic could have been renamed to "FQuist psychoanalysis" if it weren't for the last three posts (PTK, I use smileys very often and yes WR, that statement you quoted was a mindfart. And yes, I am not always this serious. Which is visible in #jj2 and on parts of J2O. And no, I can't do anything about "it". I'm just incredibly dumb )

On a side note, R3ptile, you don't have 3 warnings, because you would have been banned in that case. And I don't think that happened.

Spotify.fm

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Dec 7, 2004, 09:01 PM
*huggles Franky*

JCF Member

Dec 8, 2004, 02:07 PM
FQuist tastes good with ketchup.