Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Random Level Name Changing

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Jan 20, 2009, 08:06 AM
Random Level Name Changing

I was play a custom map called "test8" for a while and was saving it and loading it. Then out of Nowhere when i loaded it
"Cannot find the level test8.j BUST A MOVE.j2l" and then so i changed it. Then minutes later
"Cannot Find the level test8.j GAME SAVED.jsl"
anyone know why this happens or how i cn stop this?
SPAZ18

JCF Member

SPAZ18 is doing well so far

Jan 20, 2009, 08:31 AM
That could be because you launched the level in JCS. When you play a level with that, you cannot load a game. Either play the level from JJ2 itself or use Captain Cook to run it.

30% COMPLETE

ACTION STATION v2 - OUT NOW!

SP4ZZ3R on servers

My Uploads

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jan 20, 2009, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZ18 View Post
That could be because you launched the level in JCS. When you play a level with that, you cannot load a game. Either play the level from JJ2 itself or use Captain Cook to run it.
Nonsense, I always play levels via JCS.

Your problem sounds vague (save, loaded, in a JJ2 savegame or in JCS?). Elaborate a little, give more details, so we might help you.

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Jan 20, 2009, 07:40 PM
I've had the same thing happen. For me the error contained the beginning of file path, then KICK SHELL or BUST A MOVE. Something like

C:\Documents\JaKICK SHELL.j2l

except longer. My guess is it can only handle file paths of a certain length and if its too long it may paste the phrase over the end of the path, creating an obviously nonsense path that doesn't correspond to any level that might actually exist. However, this is just a guess, and could be complete nonsense.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jan 21, 2009, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglobite View Post
I've had the same thing happen. For me the error contained the beginning of file path, then KICK SHELL or BUST A MOVE. Something like

C:\Documents\JaKICK SHELL.j2l

except longer. My guess is it can only handle file paths of a certain length and if its too long it may paste the phrase over the end of the path, creating an obviously nonsense path that doesn't correspond to any level that might actually exist. However, this is just a guess, and could be complete nonsense.
In short, keep your level folder C:/Games/Jazz2 and you'll be fine. (Or any drive you might wanna play from.)