Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Nobody joins my server.

tonius11

JCF Member

tonius11 is doing well so far

Aug 12, 2009, 11:22 AM
Nobody joins my server.

When I start a server, I wait for players. I wait, wait, wait but I NEVER see other players! Could someone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks!

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

Aug 12, 2009, 11:34 AM
It could be that your server is pinging, meaning the NAT settings within your local area network haven't properly been configured which prevents anyone from joining. If you did properly forward your ports, I believe the latest version of JJ2+ has various fixes in it that solves these problems.

Similarly, you might not be running the latest version of JJ2, which would make it impossible for anyone playing 1.23 to join your server. A simple enough fix is to run the 1.23 patcher.

Another likely reason is that there's no one else playing who wants to join your server because they're already playing on another or don't particularly care for the level or game mode you're hosting.

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Aug 12, 2009, 03:53 PM
Actually, the latest released version of JJ2+ might actually break hosting, which is why I made a quick fix, or you could just use the Auto-Relist plus.dll I want to test.

If you haven't forwarded any ports yet, you have to forward port 10052 for both UDP and TCP. If you don't know how to forward ports, go to Portforward.com, select your router model, select any game (it doesn't matter which game), replace whatever port numbers are mentioned with port 10052 UDP and TCP.

If you did everything right, you should be able to query your own server through a GIP script by selecting your server and seeing your player's name listed.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Aug 12, 2009, 04:47 PM
Can you join other servers?

Also, consider the time of day you host. I notice for me in North America, the majority of servers are in the daytime. "Test the waters" a little by looking for other servers before hosting, and you should be able to get a few players.
dermo529

Banned

dermo529 is doing well so far

Aug 12, 2009, 05:32 PM
Name it Tonius Hotel

If you don't get a bunch of Polish noob players, there's something seriously wrong then

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Aug 12, 2009, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredD View Post
If you did everything right, you should be able to query your own server through a GIP script by selecting your server and seeing your player's name listed.
http://www.jazzjackrabbit.net/tester.php

JCF Member

Aug 13, 2009, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredD View Post
Actually, the latest released version of JJ2+ might actually break hosting, which is why I made a quick fix, or you could just use the Auto-Relist plus.dll I want to test.

If you haven't forwarded any ports yet, you have to forward port 10052 for both UDP and TCP. If you don't know how to forward ports, go to Portforward.com, select your router model, select any game (it doesn't matter which game), replace whatever port numbers are mentioned with port 10052 UDP and TCP.
I already tried it without jj2+, but still no players.
And I don't know what model of router we have. If I did, my parents won't let me edit the settings (I'm just 12).
tonius11

JCF Member

Aug 13, 2009, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffie40 View Post
Can you join other servers?

Also, consider the time of day you host. I notice for me in North America, the majority of servers are in the daytime. "Test the waters" a little by looking for other servers before hosting, and you should be able to get a few players.
I can join other servers.
But I live in Europe. So when it's daytime in North America, it's night or evening at home.

JCF Member

DarkB is doing well so far

Aug 13, 2009, 02:24 AM
If your parents don't let you to modify the router config then you can't host..
or maybe firewall block the port(10052) just put that port at exceptions

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
tonius11

JCF Member

Aug 14, 2009, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkB View Post
If your parents don't let you to modify the router config then you can't host..
or maybe firewall block the port(10052) just put that port at exceptions
That doesn't work. I don't think there's anything else to do about it.

JCF Member

DarkB is doing well so far

Aug 14, 2009, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonius11 View Post
That doesn't work. I don't think there's anything else to do about it.
You have antivir or something who block that port ?(close all programs that protect your pc then try to host and see what happens)
If that dosen't work try to put the port'10052' to exceptions at firewall but both UDP and TCP.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.