Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Fish heads, fish heads... Eat 'em up, yum!

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Jul 5, 2003, 05:56 PM
Fish heads, fish heads... Eat 'em up, yum!

I did a bit of drawing board art at kahunapuffin.com, and it turned out nicely.

I've drawn Toca with only one tail in these, because the multiple tails thing is a referance to japanese fox demons, and I don't like that association.

My latest peice is one of Toca with a pie...

"Mmmm, pie. *drools*" -Homer Simpson

I think it would be funny to have this big fettish for pies... Fettish... I hope I used that word right, or else I may have said something gross. Toca takes the story of the three little kittens quite seriously... In a rediculous sort of way, that is. She's hard to take seriously even when she's trying to be serious, and I think that makes her a nice comic character. Poor, poor simple minded Toca ^_^.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawn...to&PhotoID=194

I did this next one earlier, with a thicker pen. I think the thinner lines of my latest peice look better. Also, the lines look unattractively jagged.

I named this one, "Sanctuary". She's pressing against the door, keeping evil stuff out.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawn...to&PhotoID=195

-edit- By the way. Yes, I forgot to color Toca's hands white in my earlier peice.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

Last edited by Hare; Jul 6, 2003 at 04:19 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 6, 2003, 06:22 AM
Heh, cute. Both links are the same, so it takes a bit of work to find the 2nd picture.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jul 6, 2003, 08:31 AM
Not that much work. Just click next.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2003, 09:52 AM
Cute pictures! ^.^

YAY, PIE!

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2003, 04:22 PM
I... don't think you'd want THAT pie. *cough*fishheads*cough*

By the way I fixed the link. I only had to change one number.

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2003, 07:56 PM
Here's another image I just completed. It isn't much so I'll just post it here along with my other drawing board images I've already posted...

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/scree...to&PhotoID=196

I can change the way that flare in the "E" works, so it looks like it really is an "E". Next time.

Jazzer X is a game idea I have, in document stage. Yeah yeah, I WILL complete THIS one (along with my teammates, of course). My previous game ideas never got off the ground. Toca's race will be one of the selectable character classes ^_^. I've wanted to put her in a game from the start.

And please forgive me for the skunk in that image.

I tried something and it didn't work out and I didn't fix it. His hands are in wierd places because he was going to be holding a blaster... Then I realized I haven't decided what the skunk race's blaster should look like, completely, and decided not to draw it. His right hand is off the screen because I didn't know what to do with that hand... but maybe it is holding the missing blaster? :P

Captain Spam

Retired administrator

Captain Spam has disabled reputation

Jul 8, 2003, 05:23 AM
Now that first one's plain cute. :-) Though I'd prolly put a fish head or two sticking out of the pie itself...

I dunno, I think the Sanctuary one's not bad at all, despite the thicker lines. The pic looks quite solid, and I think the lines kinda add a bit to it. Could just be me, of course; I tend to like things that look a bit odd or unique.

The skunk in the third one doesn't look bad, but yeah, the hand looks a bit off. :-)

And I've had numerous game ideas I wanted to get off the ground, except I've not had the time to learn much of game programming... I mean, I've done simple things like displaying images, moving them around the screen via keyboard commands, and reacting to mouse movement and clicking, but nothing game-related yet. Man, I wish I could get these ideas outta my head and into a game...

Still, cool pics!

The Dementia of Magic
... Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.