Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Time For A CHANGE!!

View Poll Results: Do you support Link's idea?
All the way baby! 14 77.78%
Never, I wanna sit in the corner alone. 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Spaz Boy is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2001, 04:14 PM
Time For A CHANGE!!

Link has an awesome idea, and it is time for a CHANGE. We should all take some interest and try and help in any way possible. We will also have to talk with G.O.D. Games, I am right in the neighborhood (well...downtown isn't that far away ) so, if we need any letter sending, just send me the email and I will mail it RIGHT AWAY! I have been waiting for someone to do something like this. I believe that if we talked to Epic we might be able to strike up a deal. They don't give a hoot about Jazz anymore. I think that this might be 1.25 chance. The one thing we SHOULD NOT DO is ask the source code to be revealed publically. This could ruin the game as we know it. I think that instead, we should ask them (after gathering up a group of people) to simply just release the source code to those people sworn to secrecy to make a 1.25 patch. Of course if we were to include Lori, we would have to get permission from Dean. This could get a bit messy, but I think we could pull it off.

We deserve a little something. We kept their game alive even after they abandoned us.

*sigh*

~SB

" don't question something made in Japan.. Cuz that will just lead to more questions.. just understand that it's a bag of hell and move on" -VeggieMan[GpW]

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

The AntiMcDonalds forums have turned into the JCF. Now includes the "spontaneous corrupt" feature.

(That was a fanchy smanchy way of saying that the forums are broked. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT TOO.)

Last edited by Spaz Boy; Nov 20, 2001 at 10:14 AM.
VeggieMan

JCF Member

VeggieMan is doing well so far

Nov 19, 2001, 05:17 PM
Yeah do. Take a look a the large post I put down giving ideas for the main idea

L33T
LIEK
JEFF K.

Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Nov 19, 2001, 05:52 PM
The words that are on the tip of my tongue a'int purdy

Hm...we would need people to actually make the patch.

~SB

" don't question something made in Japan.. Cuz that will just lead to more questions.. just understand that it's a bag of hell and move on" -VeggieMan[GpW]

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

The AntiMcDonalds forums have turned into the JCF. Now includes the "spontaneous corrupt" feature.

(That was a fanchy smanchy way of saying that the forums are broked. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT TOO.)

Last edited by Spaz Boy; Nov 20, 2001 at 10:13 AM.
Teej

JCF Member

Teej is doing well so far

Nov 20, 2001, 08:16 AM
Cool I agree! (for once...)

I think we should do somethin to make some changes to our (Jazzy) lives

JCF Member

Haze is doing well so far

Nov 20, 2001, 09:55 AM
A few pointers...

Don't contact Epic for any v1.25 stuff, the dudes (dudettes?) over at Epic only provided the "content" for Jazz Jackrabbit (e.g. sprites, tilesets). The engine was written by the former Orange Games dudes (now part of Lost Boys). So if you REALLY want to talk about v1.25 or whatever, you should talk to them. The only thing you should contact Epic for is (c)'s and (tm)'s. And for Lori the ever-so-rocking Dean, as mentioned.
Secondly, you should be able to get through to Epic using their webmaster e-mail addy. It worked for me lots of times.
Third, forget G.O.D., they're of no use to us.
Fourth, mass mailings? Bad idea. Instead, collect all the good ideas (see every respective thread on the board for those) and write up a well written document explaining IN DETAIL all the wishes and compliments/complaints. (I should have one lying around, I'll check my HD)

Yours,

hazey

JCF Member

Nov 20, 2001, 10:11 AM
You are right :P

Okay...I'll look into contacting Orange/Lost Boys. I know that G.O.D Games is of no use (they never were ) but don't we need permission from them to ever release it (or to even make it)?

Hmm....I still wonder WHY Epic even keeps the http://www.jazzjackrabbit.com/ domain...who cares if we take it? (You would have to give credit to them anyway......)

~SB

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

Aiko

JCF Member

Aiko is doing well so far

Nov 20, 2001, 02:02 PM
Note: G.O.D. Games is only the *US american* publisher of Jazz2 and HH98.
And Jeh took care of jazzjackrabbit.com, afaik.
Same old questions. We really need a FAQ for all you newbies :-)
Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Nov 20, 2001, 05:50 PM
Heh, guess you could call me a newbie since I didn't play in so long, I had no idea what is going on.
Anyway, who was the European publisher? Was it the NCIDotcom people?

~SB

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

Aiko

JCF Member

Nov 20, 2001, 11:12 PM
NCIDotcom? Hehe, that's the ultimate proof :-)

No, our European Jazz2, TSF, CC99 and the cheaper editions of Jazz1 were published by Project 2, a dutch company.

By the way, a version for the United Kingdom was obviously published by a company called Black Friar. We don't know much about the latter, though.

Cheaper editions of TSF were published by a polish company called LK Avalon . They were also the first to sell CC99 in early 2000. We don't know much about them either.

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Nov 22, 2001, 09:50 AM
You forgot one thing. Orange games already gave us the permission to have the sourcecode. They only told us to wait for a half year because they just had a project involving the source code, and couldn't publish it right then.
Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2001, 10:01 AM
o.O

Hmm...I never heard that. What project was it that they would use that for?

So half a year from now?

Also, will HH98/CC99/TSF's sourcecodes also be released?

So I guess if they have already said we get the source code, this post is of no use.

~SB

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Nov 22, 2001, 10:31 AM
What else did you think the 1.25 forum was for? ;p

I don't know which project they used it for. Perhaps some gameboy thing.
ElectroPiZZa

JCF Member

ElectroPiZZa is doing well so far

Nov 22, 2001, 10:33 AM
You cannot use Jazz 2 sourcecode on a gameboy since the gameboy is a completely different software and binary format.
Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2001, 10:35 AM
*Right*....

Jazz for Gameboy! Hurrah! ;P

Probably using it as a fire starter if you ask me.

~SB

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

JCF Member

Nov 22, 2001, 10:43 PM
Half a year...

So, we've got half a year to learn some serious C++, eh? Get to studying ppl!

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2001, 07:00 AM
Hmmm, i eventually know what that project where they use the sourcecode, is. Well, we will see :-)
Oh yeah, and remember, my own little *cool* project is still to come, LOL :-)

Jazz2 will never die! :-)

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Nov 23, 2001, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aiko
Hmmm, i eventually know what that project where they use the sourcecode, is. Well, we will see
Oh yeah, and remember, my own little *cool* project is still to come, LOL

Jazz2 will never die!

You're absolutely right, if we have to wait for your project to finish it will never.
Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Nov 23, 2001, 12:13 PM
What project? :P

1/2 a year still..so, let's see. Today is November 23rd. About half a year from then is June 23rd. Obviously, it will be sooner than this. Just a little bit longer and JJ2 is freeware! Doesn't that make it freeware if we get the source code?

But I want to know, since Epic still has copyrights on some stuff, are we allowed to edit it?

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

JCF Member

Nov 24, 2001, 05:11 AM
No, releasing the source-code doesn't make something freeware. The game content is still seperate from the actual engine. We'd be getting, I think, the game engine. The original content, e.g. sprites, graphics, sounds, etc., are still (c)Epic games/their respective owners.

JCF Member

Nov 24, 2001, 03:03 PM
Ah, so we would get the engine...but wouldn't that mean you could actually create a game? I think so...hm...so wouldn't we be able to add new characters and stuff? Hmmmmmm.....

Let me ask you this:
So we don't know the project that they are using it for...but techinically we could simply design an entire game?
I think that would be SWEET.

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

Txl Kill

JCF Member

Txl Kill is doing well so far

Nov 25, 2001, 03:16 AM
lol oops!

Oops i know this is a little late but i would be honored to join the team!
Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Nov 25, 2001, 11:01 AM
Errr...what team? You mean for a 1.25 patch?

Well..okay, but I think that Haze is the one who will be doing that. ;-P

~SB

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!