Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Long lost friend

Burner

JCF Member

Burner is doing well so far

Mar 12, 2004, 09:26 PM
Long lost friend

I used to play the JJ2 demo a long long time ago. It's been at least 3 years since I last jumped into a multiplayer game of JJ2. It was my favorite game and still is... even though I haven't touched it in so long. I thought it was dead. I was unable to buy the real thing because I ouldn't find it and was unable to get it from the web without my parents help.

Today this site finally worked for me. It seemed that a year ago it didn't or maybe it was some other site. Oh well, getting to the point... Almost everyday I would log on and talk to my buddies on JJ2. It was more like a chat client with a battle in the background so we never exchanged aim addresses.

My best friend on JJ2 was a young man who is around the age of 15-18 now. His name was Jia and my name was... among things, Burner. Jia was from Utah and I wish we could get back in touch.

Well, here's hoping that he stumbled onto this site as I have, and is still playing the game.

Burner out.
$tilettø

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Mar 13, 2004, 12:21 AM
never heard of that name, and i've been arround for a while. anyway hello.

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Mar 13, 2004, 12:53 AM
Welcome to the board. I don't think anyone named Jia has arrived here recently, but do stick around for a while. There are still a lot of new people who register here.

JCF Member

Karmus has disabled reputation

Mar 13, 2004, 06:41 AM
Be careful about contacting old "friends". I tried once and his mother threatened to call the cops (they are Bosnians). She believed I was a pedophile, probably because she didn't know anything about our very strong earlier friendship. It was really painful to say goodbye in that way, but after that I will never try messaging suspicious and untrustable people again. You have my word.

Karmus - "Play fair, no scare!"

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Mar 14, 2004, 01:13 PM
Never, heard of him or you. But welcome back to the baords, community, game, etc... Well I had some really old friends from 98 as well, I barely can remember their names, but we hung out a lot in D-Warzon playing Hide-And-Seek, back when I only had the JJ2 demo, I wish to see them eventually.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005