Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

An idea to enchance team events.

Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

Jul 15, 2005, 10:24 AM
An idea to enchance team events.

Maybe we could get a JJ2 network going so we could use voice chat on JJ2 for team events. It should make 2v2's and the like much more exciting. I can think of tons of times where I wanted to say to my teammate "Don't go that way, the enemy is down there with powered seekers," but didn't have the time to stop and say so.

We could of course be on Yahoo Messenger, MSN, or some other instant messenging program while we play and use the voice chat feature there, but that makes lag, and is really distracting.

What do you guys think?

JCF Member

Ae has disabled reputation

Jul 15, 2005, 11:22 AM
I've used a program called Ventrilo for voicechat before. It has never caused any lag at all for me. I don't know how to set up a server for it or anything; I am just suggesting it because it works very well. For me, at least.
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Jul 15, 2005, 11:38 AM
Seeing as how people like to complain by typing out what they say, it would make it all the more easier to do with voice chat; Got angry by a few lucky kills? Bad team mates? - It could get really ugly with some people.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Jul 15, 2005, 12:37 PM
War is not pretty.

JCF Member

FoxBlitzz is doing well so far

Jul 15, 2005, 01:28 PM
Yes, and don't forget the bug which sometimes eats your message without sending it. It's annoying to type the same message twice, especially when you don't have much time to make a reply to someone.

And no, I am not Japanese.

[22:25] [AkuKitsune] monobot be useful
[22:25] [Monobot] Unable to comply.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 15, 2005, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSworD
Seeing as how people like to complain by typing out what they say, it would make it all the more easier to do with voice chat; Got angry by a few lucky kills? Bad team mates? - It could get really ugly with some people.
This is why I play with voice chat off in most games. It's terrible. And to make it worse, someone ALWAYS has an annoying voice. Always.

And let's not get started on the people who mumble/have a bad microphone so everything they say sounds like "mfmfmkf fmfmf flag mflamfmf".

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Jul 15, 2005, 03:17 PM
It would be for arranged matches mostly. Random games simply don't contain enough teamwork to be worth considering over plain chatting.

Of course I'd love to yell at Mike any day.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 15, 2005, 04:03 PM
I think voicechat is a good idea for arranged matches. It lengthens the life of your keyboard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
Yes, and don't forget the bug which sometimes eats your message without sending it.
This occurs when you backspace past the beginning of the message. Just don't do that.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

FoxBlitzz is doing well so far

Jul 15, 2005, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
This occurs when you backspace past the beginning of the message. Just don't do that.
Eh, sometimes I don't press backspace at all and it still doesn't get sent. I don't think that's a logical cause for the bug.

And no, I am not Japanese.

[22:25] [AkuKitsune] monobot be useful
[22:25] [Monobot] Unable to comply.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 15, 2005, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
Eh, sometimes I don't press backspace at all and it still doesn't get sent. I don't think that's a logical cause for the bug.
Everyone says that until they conciously try not to press backspace when there is no text. Then they realize the problem magically goes away. Just try it.

After you press t, don't press backspace. It's as simple as that.
Nimrod

JCF Member

Nimrod has disabled reputation

Jul 16, 2005, 04:09 PM
SkyPe Group Chat or Ventrilo as ÄÉæÛÕ suggested.

Someone could host a central JJ2 Ventrilo Server maybe..