Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Router Problems are Fun!!!!!! =DD

sAlAmAnDeR

JCF Member

sAlAmAnDeR is doing well so far

Aug 31, 2006, 01:34 PM
Router Problems are Fun!!!!!! =DD

I have a new wireless router (TRENDnet TEW452BRP) and I've had some difficulty in setting up the ports to get JJ2 to function properly without timing out. I assigned my computer a static IP address and then forwarded ports 10052, 10053, and 10054 both TCP and UDP to that address. I also set the router's firewall to allow this collection of ports. As a result I am now able to host and people can join, but I still can't join servers (previously my servers would ping if hosted).

Thanks for help in advance.

JCF Member

Stoke is doing well so far

Sep 1, 2006, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sAlAmAnDeR
I have a new wireless router (TRENDnet TEW452BRP) and I've had some difficulty in setting up the ports to get JJ2 to function properly without timing out. I assigned my computer a static IP address and then forwarded ports 10052, 10053, and 10054 both TCP and UDP to that address. I also set the router's firewall to allow this collection of ports. As a result I am now able to host and people can join, but I still can't join servers (previously my servers would ping if hosted).

Thanks for help in advance.
I have excatly the same problem posted in the 1st topic of this forum
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Sep 1, 2006, 12:19 PM
With the same router?

JCF Member

BattleSpaz is doing well so far

Sep 3, 2006, 09:40 AM
I have the same problem. Seems only thing to fix these errors is to take router and trash it.
sAlAmAnDeR

JCF Member

sAlAmAnDeR is doing well so far

Sep 4, 2006, 02:13 PM
More information:
Before I could send and receive chat, but I could not see other players moving nor could they see me. This seems to imply that TCP packets are sent and received correctly. I then tried setting a DMZ on my router and now I can see other players moving, but they cant see me (ie UDP is received correctly but not sent). Anyone know what kind of misconfiguration could lead to this situation? Thanks.

Edit: Also, it seems to work fine when I use the -connect option

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Sep 4, 2006, 06:11 PM
You mean you had no problems at all when you used -connect? You might able to join through something like GIP or JazzForce in that case. I would guess you're having the problem where the ephemeral ports typical used to connect to games are getting blocked.
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.