Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Ambigrams

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Feb 28, 2009, 07:57 PM
Ambigrams

An ambigram is a word written in such a way that it looks the same as it originally did after it is rotated 180 degrees.

Although I don't have that much in the way of artistic skill, I have found that I can create fairly good ambigrams.

Here are a couple simple ones:

After adding color and some fancy little details, I personally think that an ambigram could be really cool name art in a tileset or something. Especially if you made tiles of it rotated at varying degrees, so the word could spin.

However, the length and letters in the word greatly affect the difficulty of creating a good ambigram, and I'm not really happy with how "troglobite" turned out as an ambigram.

If anyone else can make a cool ambigram, or would like me to try turning a specific word or name into an ambigram, I'd be glad to hear.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Mar 1, 2009, 02:47 AM
Yeah, it's cool stuff. I like the Matthew one, the rest are a bit too hard to understand at first look. Also, Tyrian's logo is an ambigram and it looks sweet.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Mar 1, 2009, 07:29 AM
Pretty cool, but except for matt and matthew, I could only figure out the other two because I knew what they were supposed to say, so. Yeah.

JCF Member

Ricerind is doing well so far

Mar 1, 2009, 09:32 AM
Now, I wonder what your name could be.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Mar 1, 2009, 11:58 AM
It's always baffled and amazed me how anyone could figure out how to make these. Even if some are hard to read, they are very well executed and minor adjustments would make them more clear. Like, just adjusting some curves until the letters are a bit more clear. Maybe the first A in ambigram, the fist T in troglobite, stuff like that.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Mar 1, 2009, 12:10 PM
I find Matthew very well executed. The rest needs a little work to be more understandable.
bcde845

Banned

bcde845 is doing well so far

Mar 1, 2009, 01:11 PM
Smile why almost all women have many handbags

Handbags have been a good accessory in completing women's outfit. There are a wide variety of handbags that come in different styles, designs, materials, colors and sizes. These accessories have great significance because of their versatility features. Both men and women carry bags, however, it is just well-known that women use them more than men. Furthermore, handbags are also use to create a fashion statement. Different designs and styles are born each year. Celebrities and popular TV icons are often the first to try trendy handbags to complete their looks.Different variety of handbags were basically designed for different purposes. And to make it widely available to everyone, such fashion accessories are now available in different variety of designs, styles and colors to incorporate with different wardrobes. This is the reason why almost all women have 3-5 different types of handbags in their closet

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Mar 1, 2009, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcde845 View Post
Handbags have been a good accessory in completing women's outfit. There are a wide variety of handbags that come in different styles, designs, materials, colors and sizes. These accessories have great significance because of their versatility features. Both men and women carry bags, however, it is just well-known that women use them more than men. Furthermore, handbags are also use to create a fashion statement. Different designs and styles are born each year. Celebrities and popular TV icons are often the first to try trendy handbags to complete their looks.Different variety of handbags were basically designed for different purposes. And to make it widely available to everyone, such fashion accessories are now available in different variety of designs, styles and colors to incorporate with different wardrobes. This is the reason why almost all women have 3-5 different types of handbags in their closet
There isn't even a link, he just wanted to talk about handbags...

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Mar 1, 2009, 01:34 PM
Deep down, even spambots only want to be loved.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 2, 2009, 01:06 PM
I've always been fond of this one... the i is a little awkward, but it makes for such a great G.

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Mar 2, 2009, 02:44 PM
A guy called Gustave Verbeek did actual ambigram illustrations for short stories/comics in the New York Herald, back in 1903-1905. The booklet I've got says that he did this because he wanted twelve panels to tell a story, but his editor only gave him six.