Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

An interesting yet kinda useless question?!

View Poll Results: How'd you rate the original JJ2-game in whole?
5 - 5.5 2 6.45%
5.5 - 6 0 0%
6 - 6.5 0 0%
6.5 - 7 0 0%
7 - 7.5 3 9.68%
7.5 - 8 8 25.81%
8 - 8.5 4 12.90%
8.5 - 9 6 19.35%
9 - 9.5 2 6.45%
9.5 -10 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Nov 12, 2002, 09:50 AM
Talking An interesting yet kinda useless question?!

So...
How would you guys rate the original Jazz Jackrabbit levels,tilesets and musics?

Just curious...

Maybe we could also use it as a scale for custom levels and tilesets!^_^

JCF Member

~SPLASH~ is doing well so far

Nov 12, 2002, 11:08 AM
8-8.5
Trafton

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Nov 12, 2002, 11:11 AM
Well, on a measure of how it was back then, I would give it an 8 to 8.5. However, after playing it so much, I've found that it's truly not the game as much as the community base that surrounds it that makes Jazz 2 such a great passtime, but it's really impossible to rate a community, so I'll leave it at that. But, with JCF included, I would vote 8.5 to 9...if I could change my vote. ;P

Last edited by Trafton; Nov 14, 2002 at 11:12 AM.
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Nov 12, 2002, 11:27 AM
8-8.5 cause the original levels were well designed but way too easy. And the tilesets were good, but have some masking and fitting together errors. (Especially the Beach tileset.)

But tack on JCS and online party mode, and you've got one heck of a game!

JJ2 forever!

AJ2f

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Nov 12, 2002, 11:32 AM
7.5-8. The game is quite buggy and the games SP isn't great and the multiplayer levels that came with the game aren't that great either (except for battle1). However what prevents me from rating much lower is the experience of playing online although not as advanced as other newer games theirs nothing like a good CTF match (or duel) between good reliable players and JCS, JCS adds ALOT to JJ2 and being able to make your own tilesets!
Super Saiyan

JCF Member

Super Saiyan is doing well so far

Nov 12, 2002, 11:43 AM
Thumbs up

Well I would give a 9. Back into my young years when I still had trouble with the Single Player episode I thought it was real hard. So together a real competition, something wich you wont get bored from. But now, its piece of a cake to complete the levels. Talking about the extra Multiplayer levels, I think theyre fine enough all. People back then didnt had such experience in level-designing, like 'What would people like playing'? Nowadays, we can discuss this on the forums and come together to the correct solution or just play some other home cooked levels and get some experience from. Back then, just one simple person made it and hoped people would like it. But still a 9 though!

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Nov 12, 2002, 12:45 PM
I'm curious who voted 5-5.5.

JCF member

Chiyu has disabled reputation

Nov 13, 2002, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
I'm curious who voted 5-5.5.
I did, ofcourse.

1. In my opinion all default multiplayer levels suck except for Diamondus Warzone.
2. I never really played Single Player mode because it seemed so boring. (I don't like 2d shooting games anyway) -_-

But, because of JCS, I like JJ2. If the poll was about how JJ2 was in total, then I'd have given a 7 or maybe even higher. I like JJ2 because it's so customizable, you can make your own levels, tilesets and even use your own music files. If it weren't for that, I'd never have let my friend install JJ2 on my PC, or deleted it right after.

I'm a little critical when reviewing games. There's really A LOT needed to get me satisfied.

JCF member

Krezack has disabled reputation

Nov 13, 2002, 04:10 AM
72%.
"Are we not threatened with a flood of information? And is this not the monstrousness of it: that it crushes beauty by means of beauty, and annihilates truth by means of truth? For the sound of a million Shakespeares would produce the very same furious din and hubbub as the sound of a herd of prairie buffalo or sea billows."
—Stanisław Lem, Imaginary Magnitude (1973)
Sjazz

JCF Member

Sjazz is doing well so far

Nov 14, 2002, 11:00 AM
8.5-9, the enemies were simply too easy to kill, most of them only take one or two hits. The only ones that ever got annoying were the Fencers and the Bees. (And the Witch, but she doesn't appear in the official SP levels)

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Nov 14, 2002, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CraccoBoyCC
1. In my opinion all default multiplayer levels suck except for Diamondus Warzone.
I must say that if I'd have to choose the best multiplayer level in Jazz2 it would be battle1.j2l. And definitely not capture3.j2l. Since it are basicly just a lot of floating platforms. And because Jeh made it .

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Nov 14, 2002, 12:48 PM
Actually, Craccoboy, the poll asks "How'd you rate the original JJ2-game in whole?" So the 7 you mentioned would be more accurate for you.

And the shareware levels were official, and one of them had the Witch.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Nov 15, 2002, 02:01 PM
9.5 to 10, without it we wouldnt have jj2(becuase of JCS) and if u look at the tilesets, they are well made, even if they get a bit boring, they have a good palette etc. The enemies, could of been harder. The levels, more cool tricks could of been added in like overlords levels.

GOD WHY DO I FEEL LIKE IM REVIEWING AN UPLOADED FILE ON J2O!!!!!?????

Average rating 9.5 and a download reccomendation

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Nov 17, 2002, 10:32 PM